PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Eurovision Semi 2 - Euro-phoria!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16

UMBS Go Blue
05-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Bets reopened! :bribe:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83579
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83578

Roxanne
05-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Ukraine getting a late draw will probably get them into the top 10 again even though they have such a dreadful "song"

Sweden should be able to win this easily.

itsartemis
05-25-2012, 12:39 AM
Again, the standard of the performances was just terrible...

I don't know what's going on this year.

Maybe the sound engineers are not doing their job well? Or maybe most entrants just can't sing?

Dunno.
It's the same production crew as last year's competition in Dusseldorf. The Azerbaijanis didn't have any equipment to produce something this huge, so they just hired the Germans.

Ziggy
05-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Well it's been the most expensive Eurovision ever....:shuffle:

I guess the contestants aren't spending that much on their staging then.

We need more explosions, costume changes and ridiculous props! :drama:

It's the same production crew as last year's competition in Dusseldorf. The Azerbaijanis didn't have any equipment to produce something this huge, so they just hired the Germans.

I guess most contestants can't sing then. :D

Ukraine getting a late draw will probably get them into the top 10 again even though they have such a dreadful "song"

Sweden should be able to win this easily.

Yes, because "Euphoria" is a pinnacle of songwriting. :P

Production is very slick yes, but it's essentially a few synth sounds over a simple beat. :P

This song only makes such an impact because of the excellent way it is presented in on stage.

As for Ukraine, it's exactly the opposite.

It's a catchy stomper, I love the horn arrangements but the staging is a total mess and her vocal delivery is just ridiculously over the top and pretty much unlistenable. Shame because the studio version was much better.

MarieM
05-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't like Sweden's song. What's wrong with me ? She sounds just atrocious live. Well all I watched sounded the same.
So maybe Ziggy has a point : the production sucks.

allezfred
05-25-2012, 10:07 AM

We need more explosions, costume changes and ridiculous props! :drama:

Jedward! :cheer:

I wish people would stop trying to analyse Eurovision. It's meant to be a bit of fun. Just enjoy it. :D

Buzz
05-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Forgive this nosy North American but how did Humperdinck and the Russian grannies do? Personally I hope Humperdinck wins. :slinkaway

MarieM
05-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I loooooooooooooove the russian grannies :) :lol:
And Jedwards ! I need more of those ;)

allezfred
05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Forgive this nosy North American but how did Humperdinck and the Russian grannies do? Personally I hope Humperdinck wins. :slinkaway

The Russian grannies have qualified for the final tomorrow and Engelbert was already guaranteed a spot.

allezfred
05-25-2012, 04:17 PM
Tie for tenth place in Semi 2 (http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=61303&_t=tie_for_tenth_place_in_second_semi-final)

Some information has been released by the EBU regarding the results of the Second Semi-Final, and for the first time since the Semi-Final format was introduced, there was a tie for tenth place in last night's edition of Europe's Favourite TV Show.

With two songs tying for tenth place in the Second Semi-Final, under the current rules of the contest the song that received votes from the most number of countries is deemed to take the higher position. If that also turned out to be an identical number, then a countback system of the number of 12 points, the 10 points etc would come into consideration.

Interesting. :watch: Semi 2 was very close in the FSU poll as well with five countries within 1 point of each for our final place.

The article says that the televoters and juries only agreed on 6/10 qualifiers from last night.

Evilynn
05-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Yes, because "Euphoria" is a pinnacle of songwriting. :P

Compared to last year's Popular the lyrics is freakin' Shakespearean. :P

Loreen sounded a little bit off though. Apparently she forgot the lyrics somewhere in the middle. :o I hope she got that over and done with, although I have to admit I was surprised that she could sing perfectly while doing that free interpretation dance thingo in the Swedish finals. :shuffle:

From what I gather so far I think Italy will be my favourite (although I've heard all of 20 seconds of it and maybe she does a Georgia and does 50 styles in one song for all I know :lol:).

Roxanne
05-25-2012, 08:04 PM
We can listen to the Jury final here

http://escxtra.com/live/

Eden
05-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Politics and Singing, we'll be interesting to see tomorrow if it goes together or not.

Reuters reports (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/25/azerbaijan-eurovision-idUSL5E8GP85U20120525) that Azeri authorities decided to criticise the Swedish singer, Loreen, for making political statements.
Earlier this week Loreen met with activists who accuse the Azeri government of human rights violations, some of which are related to the building of the arena where the song contest final will be held on Saturday night.
After the meeting she was quoted by Azadliq (Azeri opposition newspaper) as saying that "Human rights are violated in Azerbaijan every day. One should not be silent about such things."

Roxanne
05-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I listened to all of the jury final but I can't remember everything that happened. The most notable things were that Romania and Sweden missed a line, Englebert messed up a couple of times, Jedward sounded out of breath the whole time and Spain was absolutely flawless.

edit:

Loreen choking on fake snow :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pNPVjAddGI

Ziggy
05-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Jedward! :cheer:

The fountain is slightly amusing but also kind of lame.

Give me Svetlana Loboda or Ani Lorak kind of staging! :mitchell:

I wish people would stop trying to analyse Eurovision. It's meant to be a bit of fun. Just enjoy it. :D

How dare you?!! :drama:

Eurovision is SERIOUS BUSINESS!

I listened to all of the jury final but I can't remember everything that happened. The most notable things were that Romania and Sweden missed a line, Englebert messed up a couple of times, Jedward sounded out of breath the whole time and Spain was absolutely flawless.

Thanks for the Jury Final insights, Roxanne.

Wow, this year it's all such a hot mess! :scream:

Loreen was nervous in the semi and didn't sing anywhere near as well as she's capable of.

Given her jury performance had a mishap as well, I wonder what's gonna happen on Saturday. :P

Props to her for not sweeping the massive human rights abuses under the carpet! I hope her performance won't have "unexpected technical issues". :P