PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finale: WGWG or Bebe Chez? (5/22/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Fridge_Break
05-24-2012, 01:20 AM
I keep spazzing when they show Carrie Underwood singing along in the audience! I love her sooo much! :cheer2:

my little pony
05-24-2012, 01:27 AM
fantasia sounds like someone is tasering her

martian_girl
05-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Ouch, my ears. :(

cailuj365
05-24-2012, 01:32 AM
OTOH, I don't want to see Phillip wind up saddled with an album of suck that the producers ram down his throat. Being runner-up will likely allow him more freedom to release an album more to his own personal style and preference.

I don't think this is true. Years back, Adam mentioned that his recording contract was really very similar to Kris Allen's. Whether he's winner or runner-up, Phillip will be subject to the same whims and desires of major label recording industry executives.

my little pony
05-24-2012, 01:33 AM
haley's cd gives me hope that p2 can make a good cd on his own terms.

LuckyCharm
05-24-2012, 01:34 AM
I said Jennifer, not Jessica.

Apparently Jimmy has trouble with this too.:lol:

Chaka Khan in the house! Apparently she's the diva that Xtina and Fantasia have modeled their clothing style after.:yikes:

Garden Kitty
05-24-2012, 01:38 AM
fantasia sounds like someone is tasering her

I missed the intro and was just about to ask who is that horrid singer.

What are the odds that Phillip knows who CCR or John Fogarty are? (although I was thrilled to see him)

my little pony
05-24-2012, 01:39 AM
chaka khan in a giant bedazzled hanes egg stocking

PrincessLeppard
05-24-2012, 01:42 AM
I don't think this is true. Years back, Adam mentioned that his recording contract was really very similar to Kris Allen's. Whether he's winner or runner-up, Phillip will be subject to the same whims and desires of major label recording industry executives.

But I think there is less oversight on the #2's album. Adam's first album was pretty damn good, and the second is awesome. David Cook's first was okay, then the second was putrid.

What on earth was that caterwauling with Fantasia and Joshua? :scream: and why are the big girls wearing skin - tight clothing? :confused:

4rkidz
05-24-2012, 01:44 AM
chaka khan in a giant bedazzled hanes egg stocking

great performer and voice though..:)

cailuj365
05-24-2012, 01:44 AM

Well, Haley was the 3rd place finisher, and there does seem to be more flexibility after the top two.

LuckyCharm
05-24-2012, 01:46 AM
So Jess and Phil get new cars plus one each for their personal "mentors." Awesome...

martian_girl
05-24-2012, 01:51 AM
The success of Rhianna pretty much negates any pitch criticism that has ever been given on this show. :P

cailuj365
05-24-2012, 01:55 AM
But I think there is less oversight on the #2's album. Adam's first album was pretty damn good, and the second is awesome. David Cook's first was okay, then the second was putrid.

I think that has more to do with David Cook's musical direction than the recording contract.

Allskate
05-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Apparently they had multiple songs they could choose from; Jessica even said she chose it because she thought it would show off her voice the best.

I would bet that Jessica was not given the "choice" of a Beyonce-like song for the "Producer's Choice." To the extent she had any choice, I'll bet there were just a couple of really sucky coronation ballads.

I don't think they just let Haley make an album any old way she wanted to just to please her. I think her wishes happened to coincide with theirs. (Well, I'm guessing the B.O.B rapping on "Oh My" was the label's decision, and it was a crappy one.) IMO, Adam and Haley got material that was more them simply because the label happened to have similar ideas.

OTOH, I don't want to see Phillip wind up saddled with an album of suck that the producers ram down his throat. Being runner-up will likely allow him more freedom to release an album more to his own personal style and preference.

I don't think you get any more aristic control just because you're runner up. Crystal is proof of that. Also, I don't know if Phillip can write songs very well. Plus, he pretty much arranges most of the songs in very similar ways, and I'm not sure the label will go for that regardless of whether he's first or second.