PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finale: WGWG or Bebe Chez? (5/22/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

cruisin
05-23-2012, 08:56 PM
That's my bet too - because they need a girl to win.

I'm not sure. I just Googled AI and the sources I saw are all saying Philip has a lock on the win.

phoenixflamezzz
05-23-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure. I just Googled AI and the sources I saw are all saying Philip has a lock on the win.

If we're looking at the same sources, they all said Jessica was leaving last week, too.

Again, not that it means much anymore, Dial Idol hasn't been this close since Kris/Adam. We shall see.

PrincessLeppard
05-23-2012, 09:22 PM
And it turns out Adam and Kris weren't even close. Kris won that one by a substantial margin, iirc. Both his own fan base and Gokey's, I'm guessing, voted en masse for him.

I was a bad Adam fan. I didn't power vote at all. :shuffle: I figured he'd be okay either way. :)

KikiSashaFan
05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
If you can't sing, all to the stage presence in the world won't make you one

Tell that to Jennifer

She's only 16, she'll develop that.

I said Jennifer, not Jessica. J Lo being a singing judge is a joke.

cruisin
05-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Adam was he last contestant I voted for. After that, I realized I could not compete with the kids voting and gave up.

cailuj365
05-23-2012, 09:47 PM
My coworker has been telling me that she and all her roommates have randomly decided to watch Idol this season. They LOVE Philip and have been power voting for him, haha... :/

AxelAnnie
05-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Review from MSNBC/Today that is critical of the song they gave Jessica (http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/22/11818884-original-song-could-give-phillip-phillips-the-american-idol-crown?lite)

Well, be that as it may......last season I thought Scottie was a gonner after "This Big" and Lauren was a shoe in with "Like my mother does"....so go figure.

taf2002
05-23-2012, 09:59 PM
My sister is 67 & she loves Phillip. I don't love him but I prefer him to Joshua & Jessica. My favs left a while back.

phoenixflamezzz
05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Adam was he last contestant I voted for. After that, I realized I could not compete with the kids voting and gave up.

JMO, but I think the dominant voting demo is middle-aged women. The ratings demo seems to support that, but who knows.

cruisin
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't know. Different places cite different demographics. Who knows who is right, I sure don't :lol:.

My daughter hasn't watched all season, she caught the end of last night, and LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Philip!

I don't know if I'll watch tonight - Devils/Rangers game and Revenge. There is an overlap with Idol and Revenge. Revenge is my priority, so I will DVR that one.

kylet3
05-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Keep tellin ya people, P2 has this one sewn up! There`s no way he`s going to lose this one. West Edmonton Mall will be spared from my nekkidness! :lol:

cailuj365
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Sample size of 4, but my coworker and her roommates are 23. She loves Philip because he reminds her of Dave Matthews and Mumford & Sons.

Fridge_Break
05-24-2012, 01:07 AM
So this is down to the WGWG who I figured was going to make it to the end months ago, vs. the America's Lazy Override recipient. Either way there's going to be a 5th WGWG in a row, or a winner with an "*" next to their name.. :blah:

Tuning in just to see Reba perform with Skylar tonight. I wouldn't have known the results were tonight if I hadn't seen Reba's facebook post -- why'd they shift the days of the broadcast? (Sorry if that's been answered.. didn't read the thread but going back to skim it now)

birdgal
05-24-2012, 01:16 AM
So this is down to the WGWG who I figured was going to make it to the end months ago, vs. the America's Lazy Override recipient. Either way there's going to be a 5th WGWG in a row, or a winner with an "*" next to their name.. :blah:

Tuning in just to see Reba perform with Skylar tonight. I wouldn't have known the results were tonight if I hadn't seen Reba's facebook post -- why'd they shift the days of the broadcast? (Sorry if that's been answered.. didn't read the thread but going back to skim it now)

Skylar always reminded me of Reba McEntire. Nice to see them perform together.

Cyn
05-24-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm torn about how I want the results to turn out....

On the one hand, I want Phillip to win because overall I've found his performances (save a couple of :yikes: ) entertaining, he has a cool, laid-back groove and personality, he's from Georgia (gotta root for the home team :lol: ), and lastly, to watch all of JeZzica's rabid, batshit crazy, psycho fantards go completely bugfcuk gonzo at the loss, especially after all the shit-talking, board spamming, and promotion of cheating they did for the soulless pageant-bot.

OTOH, I don't want to see Phillip wind up saddled with an album of suck that the producers ram down his throat. Being runner-up will likely allow him more freedom to release an album more to his own personal style and preference.