PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finale: WGWG or Bebe Chez? (5/22/12)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

kylet3
05-23-2012, 04:30 AM
That's how confident I am that P2 is going to win this thing...

phoenixflamezzz
05-23-2012, 04:48 AM
When during this entire season has she done anything other than pop? All of a sudden she's "urban?"

Let's see. She's covered Jennifer Hudson, Beyonce, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, Luther Vandross, Jennifer Holliday, Jazmine Sullivan, and Alicia Keys. Pretty R&B/Urban if you asked me.

Phil's last song reminded me of another song...I can't quite put my finger on it. ETA: I figured it out. It actually sounds like a hodgepodge of Mumford and Sons' latest album, particularly Awake My Soul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7DcySekLKY).

Ah well, America (and the judges) will get their wish. The David Cook 4.0 will win and fade into oblivion. I've got high hopes for Jessica (still can't believe they didn't stand up for The Prayer. That was beautiful).

Allskate
05-23-2012, 05:01 AM
Trust me, P2, is going to win. If he doesn't I'm going to shave my eyebrows and run through West Edmonton Mall naked!

I think that you and the shoppers at the mall are all safe.

I do think that Bebe Chez definitely has the most vocal talent, but I also definitely think that WGWG will win.

This kind of reminds me of the Kris/Adam finale. Kris was more my taste, but I thought Adam was much more vocally talented. It's a similar situation here. P2 is more my taste, but Jessica is more vocally talented.

Throwing people under the bus doesn't work. See Cook, David and Allen, Kris.

I think we have a different situation here. Kris was the WGWG from Arkansas who they didn't want to win. Here, Jessica may not have been treated fairly with the song assignments (especially with the coronation songs), but it's to the benefit of the WGWG from Georgia. Honestly, I don't think they were trying to influence the voting with the bad song choices for Jessica, with their criticims of her "choice" of the coronation of the song, or with the ridiculous standing ovation and tongue bath for P2 at the end. I think they already know that P2 is going to win and want people to think he deserves it.

I think Jessica is the better singer. But I also think P2 did very well tonight. He celebrated his contempt for melody in a very good way. :lol: Phillip's single was suited to him and reminded me of the type of song that is played on some adult alternative radio stations, but Idols don't really get played on those stations, so they're going to have to think of a different approach for his album. Something more AC.

moebius
05-23-2012, 05:25 AM
I actually liked Phillip's 3rd song. It's the first coronation song I actually liked from Idol. That style is up my alley. I might even consider buying it, which I have never done before with any Idol contestant. Jess' coronation song is horrible. They gave her the crappier song. Phillip is gonna win this hands down. Even all the voters in the Phillipines can't make Jess win. I thought both finalists sing the same coronation song. When did this change? You used to be able to tell which finalist they wanted to win because the coronation song would suit one contestant more than the other.

phoenixflamezzz
05-23-2012, 05:39 AM
I thought both finalists sing the same coronation song. When did this change? You used to be able to tell which finalist they wanted to win because the coronation song would suit one contestant more than the other.

First happened in S7 with the Davids. S8, Kris and Allen were both saddled with that horrid Kara song, S9 they decided to make Lee and Crystal sing covers as their winner songs most likely because of the negative feedback resulting from the Kara song, and then they returned back to this format last year with Lauren and Scotty.

taf2002
05-23-2012, 05:54 AM
I think all the coronation songs so far have been pretty shi**y. P2's is a tiny bit less shi**y than usual but still not good. Why do the contestants have to put that crap out as their 1st singles? David Cook's was especially horrid but Jessica's is even worse.

victoriaheidi
05-23-2012, 05:54 AM
First happened in S7 with the Davids. S8, Kris and Allen were both saddled with that horrid Kara song, S9 they decided to make Lee and Crystal sing covers as their winner songs most likely because of the negative feedback resulting from the Kara song, and then they returned back to this format last year with Lauren and Scotty.

I hated both of those songs SO MUCH. First, you have "I Love You This Big," which, just, :rolleyes: really? And then there was "Like My Mother Does," and then the camera pans to Lauren's mom...and that was another :rolleyes: moment.

phoenixflamezzz
05-23-2012, 05:59 AM
David Cook's was especially horrid but Jessica's is even worse.

Go figure that it was arguably the most successful lol (not sure how well Kelly's A Moment Like This" did).

But nobody will ever "top" that Kara song as the most horrid.

PeterG
05-23-2012, 06:00 AM
This kind of reminds me of the Kris/Adam finale. Kris was more my taste, but I thought Adam was much more vocally talented. It's a similar situation here. P2 is more my taste, but Jessica is more vocally talented.

If you are comparing Phillip to Kris Allen...then you have made the most unjust comment of all time. :lol:

phoenixflamezzz
05-23-2012, 06:17 AM
Speaking of Kris and Adam:

I just checked out Kris's new album and the first 3/4 of it really great. Pure pop ear-candy bliss. The last 1/4 kinda drags into sleepy HAC territory, but overall a great effort.

I don't think he'll ever be a John Mayer or Jason Mraz sized seller, but if he can squeeze in between the numbers that Gavin Degraw and Mat Kearney get, he'll be just fine.

And congrats to Adam for hitting #1 on the Billboard Albums chart. Quite an achievement. His new album is fantastic as well. He's got a bunch of sounds on there that's very cool and unlike most Top 40 artists out there today. Good for him.

Allskate
05-23-2012, 06:23 AM
Does anyone know if Interscope is streaming Haley's album anywhere this week? I've learned to listen before I buy Idol albums.

If you are comparing Phillip to Kris Allen...then you have made the most unjust comment of all time. :lol:

All time? :lol: I am comparing them, not equating them. I prefer the tone of Phillilp's voice, but I think that Kris is overall more talented than Phillip. (Not just more melodic. :lol:) Kris is more musical, more creative, and more versatile. But, my point was that just because I prefer someone's style doesn't mean I think they are more talented.

moebius
05-23-2012, 06:43 AM
All time? :lol: I am comparing them, not equating them. I prefer the tone of Phillilp's voice, but I think that Kris is overall more talented than Phillip. (Not just more melodic. :lol:) Kris is more musical, more creative, and more versatile. But, my point was that just because I prefer someone's style doesn't mean I think they are more talented.

Plus both of them are the best looking male winners (assuming P2 will win) so far. However, the best looking male contestant that made it to top 24 is David Radford from season 5 and the best looking male of all the audtioners that made it on tv is Josh Jordan from season 5 who was in the Rat Pack group during Hollywood group week with David Radford, Chicken Little, and Will Makar.

PeterG
05-23-2012, 07:23 AM
...Kris is overall more talented than Phillip.

Plus both of them are the best looking male winners (assuming P2 will win) so far.

You guys are KILLING me!

Put a picture of Kris Allen next to a picture of Phillip Phillips and then confirm you're not posting from an asylum. :D

You know, I've been thinking for a while that a worldwide Punk'd gag is going on. Watching the finale tonight and seeing Jessica and Phillip competing against each other... I swear I'm in the craziest Twilight Zone episode of all time! :lol:

Allskate
05-23-2012, 07:44 AM
You guys are KILLING me!

Put a picture of Kris Allen next to a picture of Phillip Phillips and then confirm you're not posting from an asylum. :D

You know, I've been thinking for a while that a worldwide Punk'd gag is going on. Watching the finale tonight and seeing Jessica and Phillip competing against each other... I swear I'm in the craziest Twilight Zone episode of all time! :lol:

:lol: I hesitate to distress you even more, as P2 is about to win, but I definitely think he's hotter than Kris is. Kris is cute. Phil is yummy. Ask Julianne Hough.

But, if it's a small consolation, I really do think that Jessica is enormously talented.

Sally1214
05-23-2012, 07:56 AM
And congrats to Adam for hitting #1 on the Billboard Albums chart. Quite an achievement. His new album is fantastic as well. He's got a bunch of sounds on there that's very cool and unlike most Top 40 artists out there today. Good for him.

A HUGE congrats to Adam on being Billboard's #1. I wonder if Gene Simmons is getting many tweets from the Glamberts? Gene, after all, was the one who said Adam's career was "over" when Adam came out in Rolling Stone.

Maybe "A Change is Gonna' Come" is finally here for Adam. It's about time! Trespassing is a great album. You are right ... there is such a variety of sound on this album ... sometimes, he even sounds a bit like Prince!! I couldn't be happier for Adam ... he SO deserves this.