PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finale: WGWG or Bebe Chez? (5/22/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22

kylet3
07-13-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm just :cheer2: over the fact that the two useless twits are finally gone, they contributed almost nothing for two years. The way they threw people under the bus while putting up their own favorites instead of actually judging on talent was sickening.

Marilou
07-13-2012, 09:50 PM
I liked Stephen during the audition rounds, thought he was funny and quirky. But for some reason, once the live shows started, he seemed to lose his edge.

taf2002
07-13-2012, 10:09 PM
US Weekly says Mariah Carey is in talks with Idol.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/13/american-idol-mariah-carey_n_1670818.html
On the radio, I heard Will.i.am, Britney Spears (who would hire her after she keeps walking off X Factor), Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, Elton JOhn. Lady Gaga, and Miley Cyrus are possibilities.

In need of career boost: Miley leads the way in that department, doesn't she?

Apparently Katy Perry has said she doesn't need that kind of boost right now.

Mariah Carey, Adam Lambert, Elton John, Lady Gaga - ok with me.

Will.i.am, Britney Spears, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry - just no

Miley Cyrus :scream: :scream:

PeterG
07-14-2012, 12:04 AM
I liked Stephen during the audition rounds, thought he was funny and quirky. But for some reason, once the live shows started, he seemed to lose his edge.

That's because the three minutes of funny stuff he did during the audition rounds was whittled down from hundreds of hours of footage. :P

Kruss
07-14-2012, 01:00 AM
I actually think that during the first round of auditions in his first year, Steven was doing a great job of accurately judging and advising those auditioning. Once the shows went live, the script reading seemed to begin. JMO

Allskate
07-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm glad both of them are leaving, but I don't have a lot of confidence that they will be replaced with anyone better. My guess is that they genuinely chose to leave because they already had milked it for all they could. I don't think that TPTB thought they were crap.

PeterG
07-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Jennifer Lopez wanted a pay raise from 15 million for one year to 17 million:

Lopez dumped from "Idol" after seeking raise to $17 million (http://news.yahoo.com/lopez-dumped-idol-seeking-raise-17-million-013712814.html)

Other interesting stuff from the above article:

The insider said J. Lo's fee went from $12 million in her first season to $15 million in her second. When she asked for another $2 million, the network surprised her by not making a counteroffer.

Some possible judges to replace Lopez and Tyler:

Many music stars are being considered to replace Lopez and Tyler, including Mariah Carey - whom Cowell has long sought for "X Factor" - Kanye West, Mary J. Blige and Lenny Kravitz.

I can't see Kanye doing Idol. He's at the peak of his career. Why would anyone leave a career at their peak? Although I'm shocked Britney Spears is doing The X-Factor. I'm almost wondering if it's just for publicity and Spears will make a quick exit somewhat in the way that Cheryl Cole did. (Although it didn't serve Cole well, she did not become a household name in America.) And something I had no clue of:

If (Randy) Jackson stays with "Idol," he has an inside track with Carey that his former "Idol" colleague lacked: Jackson is Carey's manager.

:huh: Jackson is a manager? And of someone as big as Carey?? I knew he was a musician and producer, but didn't know he managed artists as well.

And one other potential judge...

Soul great Aretha Franklin says [she] wants to judge "American Idol" (http://news.yahoo.com/soul-great-aretha-franklin-says-wants-judge-american-203805042--finance.html)

I WOULD LOVE THIS!!! My hope would be that she would be brutally honest, a la Simon Cowell, but from an artist's perspective. And you know you would HAVE to be good for Franklin not to rip you a new one! :lol:

From the article:

She has won 18 Grammys during her career, and in 1987 she became the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

From wikipedia:

...Aretha Franklin...is ranked first among female vocalists with the most Billboard Hot 100 chart hits during the rock era (1955–1999) with 73.

I fear that Franklin as a judge might just be something random because the article says:

In response to an email question asking Franklin whether she is interested in joining "Idol" as a judge or a mentor, the singer responded, "Yes I am interested as a judge!"

So it might mean that AI is just something that Franklin would like to do...the producers have maybe not even approached her... :(

Rob
07-17-2012, 08:17 PM
Ok I'd watch for Aretha Franklin.

BigB08822
07-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Aretha Franklin would be the worst choice. Let's hire a 70 year old woman who has never been a part of most of the core demographics lives and let's see if she can get the viewers to tune in. Not going to work. My grandmother might watch but surely not my 18 year old cousin.

Jayar
07-17-2012, 08:32 PM
I think that they need to either get a D.J. from a big radio station or rotate in fans each week. They need to realize that industry folks don't buy the records. D.J.s know what is selling, and fans know what they like.

Marilou
07-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Aretha Franklin would be the worst choice. Let's hire a 70 year old woman who has never been a part of most of the core demographics lives and let's see if she can get the viewers to tune in. Not going to work. My grandmother might watch but surely not my 18 year old cousin.

But I bet she knows who can actually sing!

PrincessLeppard
07-18-2012, 02:08 AM
So what? Pia could sing. That doesn't make her a star.

BigB08822
07-18-2012, 03:35 AM
If that is the case then just yank some vocal coach off the couch and give them the job for 1% of the pay.

Apparently Aretha Franklin got very upset at Kathy Lee for saying the same thing I did about her not reaching the demographic Idol wants to tap into. Her answer was pure Diva. She apparently has fans from the ages of 8 to 90. LMAO. What a completely odd choice of ages. Just say "I have fans of ALL ages" because now she just seems dumb.

Rob
07-19-2012, 02:06 AM

I am closer to your grandmother's age than to your cousins! :lol:

PeterG
07-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Mariah Carey Joins American Idol (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/23/mariah-carey-american-idol/)

Paula Abdul, Jennifer Lopez and now … Mariah Carey.

Three of the greatest female vocalists of all time.

:yikes: :scream:

:P

Her salary is expected to be somewhere north of $12 million — the sum paid Jennifer Lopez during her first year on the show — and possibly as high as $17 million.

I heard on the radio that Carey would earn 17 million. There's no way she'd make less than Lopez, I hope!!!

Despite some reports to the contrary, veteran judge Randy Jackson (who, as it so happens, is Carey’s manager and was involved in her negotiations) is now expected to stay on board, though nothing has yet been announced. Either way, Fox is expected to now focus on its search for another male judge. One dark horse (and attractively low budget) candidate is former American Idol contestant Adam Lambert.

Yo dawg, it was kinda pitchy for me, right? I can handle another year of Randy as long as there is somebody on the panel who is articulate and uncensored. A Carey-Lambert combo is not a good idea in that they will both be uber-careful in what they say in order to not damage their careers.