PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finale: WGWG or Bebe Chez? (5/22/12)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Sally1214
05-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Didn't like Jessica's potential "single" at all. Seems all the judges agree. Hmmm....

kylet3
05-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Ugh, it's throw Jessica under the bus time. Watch WGWG totally get an undeserved tongue bathing for generic crappy song.

I'm convinved theyre trying to sabotage her

kylet3
05-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Feck, I knew it... They gave him a song that they knew was going to play to his core crowd, Tongue bathing... the song was mediocre at best... He's won easily. Feck... Another completely undeserving idol win. :blah:

KikiSashaFan
05-23-2012, 01:57 AM
or play reverse psychology. Either way I just think it'd be so wrong for the winner of a supposedly viewer voted show to be someone that was rightful voted off earlier.

PrincessLeppard
05-23-2012, 01:59 AM
I didn't like P2's song, either, but it's definitely "him," and will play to his fan base.

Throwing people under the bus doesn't work. See Cook, David and Allen, Kris.

victoriaheidi
05-23-2012, 02:18 AM
I need to hear these.

I don't really see either one of these as being a good winner. Again, Jessica lacks maturity and experience and I think she needs time to grow up as a person and then bring that to her art. P2 would get more of what he wanted, musically, if he didn't win, and I think he needs to not be rushed, either. He needs to go on the tour for whatever portion of it he can, recover, and then think about moving forward with music.

I know I'm biased, because she was my favorite, but I still think Skylar Laine would have gotten the biggest boost from winning.

haribobo
05-23-2012, 02:22 AM
Well, the Nokia Theater certainly did not work as well as the regular Idol home as far as sound goes. Also, I think both of the finalists' voices lost some texture and strength along the way. The music mix for "Movin Out" was a cacophanous mess as compared to the first time around, but he still pulled it off well. "Stand by Me" was a little ho hum but better than Jessica's insipid "I Have Nothing"- poor girl had nowhere interesting to go on that song. Jess did wonderfully on "The Prayer" but the first go round was still better- her voice was richer back then with more character. Winner's singles were both fairly blah, didn't think Jessica's was anything that special but it moved along well enough. Phillip's song was just flat out irritating in its Mumford/Avett ripoffness. Overall this finale show was a disaster and I'd rather they just picked their fave 3 songs from the season and re-do those. Simon Fuller can't pick songs for crap and the winners singles are stupid. That said, both of these contestants provided us with ample amounts of great moments this season, and I wish P2 great luck with his surgery. Also, looking forward to Elise and Hollie tomorrow!:kickass:

cruisin
05-23-2012, 02:24 AM
I thought both original songs were mediocre, at best. The standing O and praise for Philip was :confused: over the top and not deserved.

Sally1214
05-23-2012, 02:25 AM
So, Randy says P2's last song was "brilliant" and "genius." :rolleyes: Should those adjectives REALLY be thrown around that easily???

I saw nothing extraordinary about P2's song at all. In fact, I spent most of the time trying to figure out just where, exactly, it would fit on radio ... the stations are all so genre-specific these days with such short playlists. Was it pop ... a bit country ... crossover something?? Not sure. Whatever the genre, it was quite ordinary, imo.

I don't care who wins this. Don't expect to hear much of either of them in the future. Judges sure threw Jessica under the bus with the standing O and over-the-top raving about Philip, though. Will be interesting to see whether it backfires on them.

PeterG
05-23-2012, 02:33 AM
Round One:

Phillip sings "I Hate Nothing" by Whitney Houston

Jessica sings "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King

Now THAT would have been a fair fight! :lol:

Loved this bit from votefortheworst.com:

He skips the Ford commercials. He chews gum during results shows. He spends more time giving Ryan Seacrest bunny ears than practicing his performances. He never actually sings the melody. And yet, somehow, he coasted into the top 2 of American Idol season 11.

:rofl:

Cyn
05-23-2012, 03:51 AM
I had to miss tonight's show due to having to deal with major family/teen drama, but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

I am pulling for a P2 win (which, with my track record, means that JeZzica will win :wall: ) - from what I've read here and on other sites' PBP, she was competent yet predictable - The Prayer was good but nowhere near what she did earlier this season, did yet another too-mature song in the overused, tired I Have Nothing, and her coronation song was a flaming pile of poo. As for Phillip, he was snoozy on Stand By Me, did well on Movin' Out but the accompaniment sucked ass, and did really well on the coronation song.

It's been impossible to get through on the phones to vote for him, but that likely has a lot to do with being in Georgia, where the most of the entire state is pulling for him to win. Things should get interesting after the West Coast airing, when the cheating votes from the Philippines start coming in via Skype and Vonage :blah:.

There's a really interesting (and Looooong) article about 70 of the previous finalists on AI and where they are now at The Daily Beast (http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2012/05/21/american-idol-finalists-from-sanjaya-to-taylor-hicks-where-are-they-now-photos.html) that's definitely worth the read.

kylet3
05-23-2012, 04:04 AM
I had to miss tonight's show due to having to deal with major family/teen drama, but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

I am pulling for a P2 win (which, with my track record, means that JeZzica will win :wall: ) - from what I've read here and on other sites' PBP, she was competent yet predictable - The Prayer was good but nowhere near what she did earlier this season, did yet another too-mature song in the overused, tired I Have Nothing, and her coronation song was a flaming pile of poo. As for Phillip, he was snoozy on Stand By Me, did well on Movin' Out but the accompaniment sucked ass, and did really well on the coronation song.

It's been impossible to get through on the phones to vote for him, but that likely has a lot to do with being in Georgia, where the most of the entire state is pulling for him to win. Things should get interesting after the West Coast airing, when the cheating votes from the Philippines start coming in via Skype and Vonage :blah:.

There's a really interesting (and Looooong) article about 70 of the previous finalists on AI and where they are now at The Daily Beast (http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2012/05/21/american-idol-finalists-from-sanjaya-to-taylor-hicks-where-are-they-now-photos.html) that's definitely worth the read.

Trust me, P2, is going to win. If he doesn't I'm going to shave my eyebrows and run through West Edmonton Mall naked!

numbers123
05-23-2012, 04:14 AM
do we get video?

KikiSashaFan
05-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Trust me, P2, is going to win. If he doesn't I'm going to shave my eyebrows and run through West Edmonton Mall naked!

That almost makes this JeZzica hater want to root for her :watch:

LuckyCharm
05-23-2012, 04:16 AM

Quoting, in case you try to deny having posted it after tomorrow night...

ETA: Stunned at the judges' critique of Jessica's original song. When during this entire season has she done anything other than pop? All of a sudden she's "urban?" The song was dreck, but that's hardly her fault.

I agree that Phil's single is hard to imagine on the radio. Maybe it will be arranged differently when recorded. As is, it's way too folksy for Top 40 or alternative but not country enough for country.