PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finale: WGWG or Bebe Chez? (5/22/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22

NancyNC
05-31-2012, 07:53 PM
It's speled STEPHEN.

:P

I think you were being sarcastic but not sure...because it's Steven... :confused:

birdgal
05-31-2012, 09:27 PM
Phillip Phillips is doing well on the music charts.

Phillip Phillips' "Home" sold 278K digital copies in its first week, more than any other coronation song (an official single celebrating the winner's victory) in American Idol history. The old record was held by David Cook's "The Time Of My Life," which sold 236K copies in its first week in 2008.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/chart-watch-extra-phillip-phillips-big-week-202116082.html

skatesindreams
05-31-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm glad for him.
I hope he is recuperating from his medical issues and feeling better.

Meredith
06-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Phillip Phillips is doing well on the music charts.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/chart-watch-extra-phillip-phillips-big-week-202116082.html

That article made me very happy. :cool:

skatesindreams
06-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Articles of interest:
http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/29/phillip-phillips-surgery-postponed-american-idol-winner/
http://theweek.com/article/index/228713/will-phillip-phillips-save-american-idol

Marilou
06-01-2012, 06:37 PM
That article made me very happy. :cool:

Me too :D

moebius
06-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Me too :D

Told ya so! He so killed Jessica in digital sales. His Idol collection album sold 6 times more than Jessica's. None of Jessica's songs are even on the digital charts this week. Where are all the (five) Jessica fans (especially in the Philippines)????? Do they vote religiously so they could have a Filipino winner, but not interested in buying her music?

birdgal
06-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Told ya so! He so killed Jessica in digital sales. His Idol collection album sold 6 times more than Jessica's. None of Jessica's songs are even on the digital charts this week. Where are all the (five) Jessica fans (especially in the Philippines)????? Do they vote religiously so they could have a Filipino winner, but not interested in buying her music?

I was thinking the same thing, when I was watching the digital sales for the past week. I put my money where my mouth was, and downloaded some of Phillip's songs. Jessica is a huge talent, but her fans need to buy her music.

I hope that he comes back even stronger after he recovers from his surgery. It is amazing that he was able to finish the competition and even more amazing that he won it.

BigB08822
06-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Purchases by those in the Philippines would only show up on the iTunes chart for the Philippines. I tried checking but for some reason when I change my iTunes to the Philippines it will not let me see any music, just apps for iPads and iPhones.

What do people think of Philip bashing the song? He made a statement about it not being his real first single because he would never write a song like that. I think it is ridiculous. The song is amazing and he is damn lucky to have gotten it. No one has ever had such a good lead single after winning Idol.

birdgal
06-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Purchases by those in the Philippines would only show up on the iTunes chart for the Philippines. I tried checking but for some reason when I change my iTunes to the Philippines it will not let me see any music, just apps for iPads and iPhones.

What do people think of Philip bashing the song? He made a statement about it not being his real first single because he would never write a song like that. I think it is ridiculous. The song is amazing and he is damn lucky to have gotten it. No one has ever had such a good lead single after winning Idol.

All I can say, is that I hope he changes his tune.

PrincessLeppard
06-02-2012, 04:07 AM
I thought David Cook was very diplomatic about "magic rainbows" but it was clear he didn't like the song.

moebius
06-02-2012, 04:34 PM

He should be grateful that the cornonation song is dope, which has never been the case. The previous coronation songs have been corny, but I acutally really like this song to the point that I will consider buying it, which I have never done with any idol song. But if that style is not his, then I don't think he'll last very long. The reason why his sales are huge is because of the song, not him.

skatesindreams
06-02-2012, 04:50 PM
The reason why his sales are huge is because of the song, not him.

Those who supported Phillip through the season - and to the win - might not agree

birdgal
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
He should be grateful that the cornonation song is dope, which has never been the case. The previous coronation songs have been corny, but I acutally really like this song to the point that I will consider buying it, which I have never done with any idol song. But if that style is not his, then I don't think he'll last very long. The reason why his sales are huge is because of the song, not him.

His album of idol songs is also doing very well on the itunes chart and since he won the season, obviously people liked him and not just the songs.

Meredith
06-02-2012, 05:11 PM

This is bashing?

"I wanted to do my own stuff, but we only had a certain amount of time to do everything, so I had to do that one, and it's a really good song," he said. "The writers are really good. It's not really something I would write, so I'm excited to get my own stuff out there."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1685717/american-idol-phillip-phillips-home.jhtml

Or is it the article entitled "My first single 'is a little too pop'"

It's a little too pop for me. I don't put in any of those "ooohs." I'm a little more rock than that. Hopefully people will enjoy what I have to put out. Some jazz-rock stuff. But, it's a good song. Good writer.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/american-idol-phillip-phillips-my-first-single-is-a-little-too-pop-20120524

I've never seen where Phillip has not only praised the quality of the song, but its writer as well.