PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finale: WGWG or Bebe Chez? (5/22/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22

JILEN
05-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Oh my, how did I miss that! When is the replay?

PeterG
05-28-2012, 07:09 PM
But what do I know. I'm just a fan who thinks about this stuff way too much.

(((cailuj365)))

:)

cailuj365
05-28-2012, 07:11 PM
(((cailuj365)))

:lol: Thanks, Peter. And to be honest, I should be the last one to be complaining. My radio station has played both his singles off of the new album.

skatesindreams
05-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Oh my, how did I miss that! When is the replay?

Here she is:

Jessica Sanchez singing the National Anthem at the PBS Memorial Day Concert 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD06SsPs0KY

Jessica Sanchez National Memorial Day Concert - The Prayer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTfIgosmK_s

Jessica Sanchez - God Bless America - National Memorial Day Concert 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw5MRTxKF9g

cailuj365
05-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Wow, I'm really in awe of Jessica. I think I've heard better Anthems, but I thought "The Prayer" was really nice. Her voice is incredible, and she has such good control over it. I don't get the criticism that she doesn't connect well with the audience, but maybe I haven't seen the right performances.

Smiley0884
05-28-2012, 10:05 PM
I went to one of Adam's show's this weekend and he was totally :swoon: It was a six flags concert, so I had to stand in line for hours in the hot sun to see Adam, but it was totally worth it!!!! The only thing I didn't like about it, was that it was too short! He sang several songs from his new album "Trespassing" and he was fabulous! His stage presence is unreal, as is his amazing vocal talent. I love how he truly connects with his fans while performing. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that he didn't win his season of Idol!

PeterG
05-29-2012, 11:33 PM
So today they uploaded the video for Adam's Never Close Our Eyes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3dkVk3F57c). I can't figure out why they waited so long to release a video, hasn't the song been out as a single for over a month? I really don't like the video by the way. They are using a Phillip Phillips colour scheme. The whole video is pretty much grey until the last minute when there's finally some colour to be seen. It's a very dismal and depressing video, both in colour and action. Whoever the team is behind Adam, he should get rid of them. :(

cailuj365
05-29-2012, 11:44 PM
They are using a Phillip Phillips colour scheme.

I nearly spit out my salad at this. :lol:

It's hard to tell when you're being serious or joking sometimes, haha. I'm pretty sure the initial Phillip Phillips color scheme is the point. ;) Also, there's usually some lag time between the release of a single and shooting the video.

I thought the video was cool and beautifully shot. Probably one of his best, along with "For Your Entertainment." Still not crazy about the song itself, though the video helped.

PrincessLeppard
05-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Heh. Guess what video my Dystopian Lit kids get to watch on the first day of school this fall?

Sally1214
05-30-2012, 05:35 AM
The video certainly wasn't what I expected at all. But leave it to Adam to put a whole new twist on things.

Instead of interpreting the lyrics in a romantic way in the video, he gives it a whole new meaning. One music critic described it as "most likely a metaphor for breaking free of one's personal chains and living life without fear." I'd say he probably got it right.

I like the video. I like to be surprised and see something that makes me think. Also like the sci-fi moments such as when Adam is immune to the gas/smoke through the force field around him that turns blue when the gas/smoke hits it. Very cool.

It's getting very positive reviews so far and thousands of "likes" on YouTube. Well done Adam.

skatesindreams
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
The video certainly wasn't what I expected at all. But leave it to Adam to put a whole new twist on things.

Instead of interpreting the lyrics in a romantic way in the video, he gives it a whole new meaning. One music critic described it as "most likely a metaphor for breaking free of one's personal chains and living life without fear." I'd say he probably got it right.

I like the video. I like to be surprised and see something that makes me think. Also like the sci-fi moments such as when Adam is immune to the gas/smoke through the force field around him that turns blue when the gas/smoke hits it. Very cool.

It's getting very positive reviews so far and thousands of "likes" on YouTube. Well done Adam.

Agree with all of this.
I hope that the video leads to more stage/film opportunities for Adam.

PeterG
05-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Adam's video was posted yesterday and when I viewed it, it had about 100,000 views. Less than 24 hours later, it has just over 600,000 views. Come on radio, get in the game! :lol:

NancyNC
05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I just read through this thread since I was on vacation and didn't watch the results real time. I find the most distressing thing in the thread to be that some posters think that Steven Tyler was in the band "Arrowsmith". :scream: :P

PeterG
05-31-2012, 01:51 AM
I just read through this thread since I was on vacation and didn't watch the results real time. I find the most distressing thing in the thread to be that some posters think that Steven Tyler was in the band "Arrowsmith". :scream: :P

It's speled STEPHEN.

:P

Sally1214
05-31-2012, 07:31 AM
It's speled STEPHEN.

:P

:rofl: