PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finale: WGWG or Bebe Chez? (5/22/12)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

LuckyCharm
05-24-2012, 03:04 AM
It's time!

kylet3
05-24-2012, 03:04 AM
Here we go...

ETA - Cyn, I think you're about to get your wish!

LuckyCharm
05-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Phillip wins.

Lacey
05-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Phillip is King.

kylet3
05-24-2012, 03:07 AM
I knew it, Southern white guy with guitar... The shoppers of WEM are safe from me! I knew that as soon as they threw Jessica under the bus last night, she was toast. Dial Idol got it right again!

Crap... Really hope Jessica can get a deal out of this... Ugh

Fridge_Break
05-24-2012, 03:07 AM
They might as well never have a female contestant on this show ever again.

4rkidz
05-24-2012, 03:09 AM
well for the first time I actually like an idol winning song.. not that he could really sing it as is too emotional but I remember fro yesterday.. aww gone to his family..

Lacey
05-24-2012, 03:09 AM
He is bawling, can't sing, bring on the back up singers. Hope he's okay physically. Gone off stage to hug his family.

4rkidz
05-24-2012, 03:10 AM
They might as well never have a female contestant on this show ever again.

well that's reality when you allow repeat voters.. nobody can his redial longer and faster than 12 year old girls..;)

Allskate
05-24-2012, 03:10 AM
I knew it, Southern white guy with guitar... The shoppers of WEM are safe from me! I knew that as soon as they threw Jessica under the bus last night, she was toast. Dial Idol got it right again!

Jimmy is definitely going to sign her and he's already got producers who want to work with her.

ITA about the Southern WGWG thing. IMO, throwing her under the bus was not the reason she lost. It was just an attempt to make the inevitable WGWG win make sense. At this point, I think the only way a decent Southern/Midwestern WGWG won't win is if they don't put any in the top 12. If someone with Jessica's talent -- or a Southern girl like Skylar with her talent -- can't win, it's hard to imagine that we'll have another female winner any time soon.

4rkidz
05-24-2012, 03:13 AM

she wasn't really ready for 'idol dom'.. she is the best singer so I am quite sure she will have a wonderful career.. whereas Phillip I think is packaged and ready to go and may even have a decent single with this.. having said that I would likely have voted for Jessica too..

birdgal
05-24-2012, 03:19 AM
she wasn't really ready for 'idol dom'.. she is the best singer so I am quite sure she will have a wonderful career.. whereas Phillip I think is packaged and ready to go and may even have a decent single with this.. having said that I would likely have voted for Jessica too..

I think this is true. Phillip is ready to go and knows who he is as a person and a musician. Jessica may have the better classically good voice, but she needs some maturing and hopefully, will learn to know herself as an artist.

All the Idols will gain precious experience while on tour.

Cyn
05-24-2012, 03:22 AM
:cheer2: Phillip!! :cheer2:

Although he had the advantage pretty much the entire season, I think the "coronation" song he did last night really sealed the deal. I finally watched the version from the show this afternoon and really liked it, but the studio version is A.MAZ.ING - it actually had me in tears.

I also started to tear up a little bit when he lost it while singing it again tonight - between the adrenaline/nerves, exhaustion, shock from winning, and the relief/release of knowing that he can finally take a break and have the surgery, I'm surprised he didn't faint onstage. It was also really sweet to see him go right to his family -- the local news in Atlanta has been camped out in Leesburg for the past week, and they've interviewed his family,friends, and various people who live there - the love and support from his hometown is incredible.

Jessica will do just fine - she has a guaranteed superstar status waiting for her in the Philippines, so even if her career in the US doesn't succeed, she'll be more than okay.

Allskate
05-24-2012, 03:26 AM
I think this is true. Phillip is ready to go and knows who he is as a person and a musician. Jessica may have the better classically good voice, but she needs some maturing and hopefully, will learn to know herself as an artist.

Phillip never really talks, so I don't know how people can know if he knows who he is as a person. There's no question he has a distinct singing style, but I'm not sure that's maturity. I hope that he will show a little more variety in the future. I think Jessica knows who she is as an artist. She wants to be on the radio right next to Beyonce. Maturity isn't really her problem. Age is, though. They're going to have to find enough good material that is appropriate for a 17 year-old. But I think they'll have an easier time finding radio-friendly material that suits her style than they will with Phillip.

AxelAnnie
05-24-2012, 03:27 AM

Totally agree. Although I did not enjoy Phillip (at all or ever) I suspect it is a good result. Jessica will be just fine, and maybe better off with a little growing room, and maturity.