PDA

View Full Version : House series finale

Pages : [1] 2

judiz
05-22-2012, 03:13 AM
No one watched? No discussion or did I not see the thread?

Wyliefan
05-22-2012, 03:16 AM
I watched. First time in two years, I think. :) It jumped the shark for me some time ago and so I gave it up, but I wanted to check out the finale. Pretty good on the whole, I thought.

judiz
05-22-2012, 03:19 AM
Same here, I stopped watching when they bought AmberTamblyn (excuse the misspelling) on the cast.

Wyliefan
05-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Oh, I liked her. I stopped watching not long after she left, IIRC! :) It's just I thought the show as whole had gotten away from what it was meant to be.

I must say, the members of House's current team appear singularly uninteresting. But I guess it's unfair to judge by one episode.

CarolineL
05-22-2012, 04:00 AM
Not that the team got to do a lot this episode. Adams, the 13 replacement, pretty boring, but Park, the little Asian girl, I quite got into this year. Taub sadly stayed on

HeatherC
05-22-2012, 04:30 AM
I didn't watch House when it originally aired but I was curious about Jennifer Morrison's role on the show so I went back and watched most of it on DVD (don't hate me...I really liked Cameron!). The first three seasons of the series were BRILLIANT television but after a really bad S4, it was never quite the same for me. Maybe it was watching all the episodes so close together instead of week to week on a first run basis but I slowly lost interest as I got further into the series and after they wrote Cameron off in S6, I was pretty much done. I never liked Taub or 13 and I was upset with how they wrote Chase and Foreman that season so I didn't have much holding me to the show. House himself was always fascinating to watch but I can't watch shows simply for one person so that wasn't enough for me either. I guess I just lost interest. I haven't seen most of S6, I never watched S7, and I missed most of S8 too.

Anyway, I was curious about how they were going to end the series so I started watching it earlier this year and holy crap, I cannot STAND either of those two girls (even if the one is married in real life to the hottie from Brothers & Sisters, LOL). They were such nitwits and Taub was still there too so I had a hard time watching although I always enjoyed House and Wilson (and hearing Chase's accent :swoon: ). I heard they were bringing back some folks for the final few episodes so I stuck with it and now I'm glad I did because I thought the finale was great. I loved seeing Amber, Stacy, and especially Cameron again and thought it was fascinating how they interacted with House in his mind and I loved the twist at the end. House finally put someone else's needs before his own and I loved the final scenes with him and Wilson. He was kind of reborn from the fire and even though we don't know how things go from here, I wonder if this is the turning point for House finally changing (eh, probably not, LOL). It was also nice to see how some of the more prominent fellows from the show ended up at the end. I loved Chase taking over for House (he needs to fire the nitwits though :lol: ), loved Foreman finding House's badge by his wobbly table, and I really loved that they showed Cameron being truly happy with someone else and having her own family (even though I loved her with Chase, I'm just glad they 'fixed' her and gave her a happy ending). The finale wrapped up several things, left a few things open for interpretation, and ended with the best friendship on the show being able to continue for as long as Wilson has left. Really well done finale and I'm glad I watched it tonight. :D

Anyone else watch the retrospective? That was a lot of fun. I loved the interaction between Jennifer and Hugh and I really loved the paintball battle between Hugh and RSL. That was a trip, LMAO :rofl:

Whoa, sorry for rambling. :eek:

Karina1974
05-22-2012, 04:53 AM
^^^No... ramble on! I'm going to miss House a LOT, because there's someone in my own life who is similar in personality to him (ironically this person is the one who turned me on to the show in the 2nd season). Sometimes, I can't figure out which of us is House and which is Wilson, and the scene in the cafeteria between the two of them was all too close to home for me right now.

I got a chuckle out of the Dead Poets Society reference, considering that RSL's character dies in the movie, albeit from suicide (and irony hit me right as I was typing that, for a couple of reasons).

Cachoo
05-22-2012, 05:04 AM
I only saw bits and pieces: Was Lisa Edelstein in it at all?

HeatherC
05-22-2012, 05:09 AM
I only saw bits and pieces: Was Lisa Edelstein in it at all?

She was seen in the retrospective a little bit but she wasn't in the finale at all. I didn't really miss her too much and honestly I don't know how she would have fit in after House rammed her house with his car last season (heard it was insane but haven't seen it for myself). How do you stay part of someone's life after an event like that? :eek:

Allskate
05-22-2012, 06:21 AM
I watched.

It seemed fitting that House would put everyone through so much grief -- and then ride off into the sunset with Wilson. :lol:

If the fake ending had been the real ending, I would have been really annoyed.

Wyliefan
05-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Anyone else watch the retrospective? That was a lot of fun. I loved the interaction between Jennifer and Hugh and I really loved the paintball battle between Hugh and RSL. That was a trip, LMAO :rofl:

The paintball battle was EPIC. And RSL enjoying Hugh's pain when he shot his own foot! :rofl:

Kind of funny to hear Hugh's British accent come out in a House-ian context!

Jen and Hugh were very sweet together. But I'll bet Jen thanks her stars every blessed day that they gave her the boot. Emma may be a flawed character in several ways, but if I were an actress, I'd a zillion times rather play her than Cameron.

jeffisjeff
05-22-2012, 03:09 PM
This show lost me after House drove his car into Cuddy's house. But, I watched the final season because I once loved the show. I did the same with ER - abandoned it when it got :rolleyes: but then came back for the final season.

Anyway, the finale annoyed me in exactly the same way the final few seasons of House annoyed me. Oh well, I did enjoy the retrospective and getting my dose of Hugh Laurie's real accent.

overedge
05-22-2012, 04:20 PM
I too have not watched the last couple of seasons (mostly because of schedule conflicts), but I watched the finale last night, and thought it was brilliant. I loved the switching back and forth between levels of reality and the same information in different scenes. And the ending was really clever.

julieann
05-22-2012, 04:48 PM
I think the show was at it's best around season 3 or 4; the episodes with John Larroquette and David Morse. I lost interest in the show and characters after about season 5-6 after that I just stopped watching, but I did watch the retrospective last night. I like how they included the crew.

I'll miss Omar Epps who I always thought was miscast.

Artemis@BC
05-22-2012, 04:59 PM
This show lost me after House drove his car into Cuddy's house.

Yeah, that was a pretty declarative shark-jumping moment right there. However I did keep watching the show right to the end, mostly because I've been in love with Hugh Laurie for so long, it just seemed disloyal to stop. :shuffle:

Plus, even though I really disliked Adams, and liked the character of Park but found Yi's acting really annoying, and found the cases either repetative or unbelievable ... there were still enough other things to keep me going. In particular House's relationship with Wilson -- really, the main reason I watched the show. But there were some other nice things going on too, like the slow development of Chase's character, and the ping-pong matches with Foreman.

I was worried when I saw that the finale was going to be 2 hours -- I thought they might do something stupid like have a long protracted courtroom scene where they brought in former patients of House to argue that he deserved to spend time with Wilson etc. etc. So I was surprised but delighted to get the retrospective instead.

And then the actual finale ... was about as good as it could have been. Seeing Kutner again was great (though did you notice he's gained weight since he died?), and of course as soon as that happened we just knew we'd see Amber. Didn't expect to see Sela Ward again though, that was a nice surprised. Anyway, the whole thing was structred just about perfectly, I have no complaints.

And funny too to have House fake his death -- just after Sherlock faked his death in Reichenbach Fall. :lol: