PDA

View Full Version : Czisny to undergo surgery for torn labrum in left hip

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26

IceAlisa
05-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Ummm, I am pretty sure Ziggy was being sarcastic about the mandatory MRIs. :shuffle:

However, wrt Czisny--surgery is in no way a guarantee that her pain will stop/she will improve.

seabm7
05-27-2012, 07:32 PM
An MRI to clearly see a labrum tear is done with dye and costs $7,000.

Thanks. I was wondering where I could find this kind of quotes on special MRI tests.

On the other hand, I worry if the current generation of lady skaters are pushing themselves too hard physically beyond their abilities. Only a few skaters are born with body types capable of big 3-3's or 3 axels. I hope Alissa recover well enough so we could see her beautiful spins and movements again.

Mayra
05-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Ummm, I am pretty sure Ziggy was being sarcastic about the mandatory MRIs. :shuffle:

Ziggy should not be putting these idea's into people's heads. :rofl:

Ziggy
05-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Ziggy should not be putting these idea's into people's heads. :rofl:

Well this thread (and some others) is already full of them.

I was just summing them up. :P

pingu
05-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks. I was wondering where I could find this kind of quotes on special MRI tests.

On the other hand, I worry if the current generation of lady skaters are pushing themselves too hard physically beyond their abilities. Only a few skaters are born with body types capable of big 3-3's or 3 axels. I hope Alissa recover well enough so we could see her beautiful spins and movements again.

Every skater is pushing him/herself too hard physically beyond his/her ability. Figure skating is not a sport that uses movements that are naturally preformed by our bodies. Every skater is going to have problems once he/she will retire. Plushenko is a proof of that. His injuries are the requests of his body to stop skating, as he is not a teenager anymore and if his body is able to perform quads and 3A, that doesn't mean that it can endure them.

aftershocks
05-27-2012, 09:25 PM
^^ Well said, pingu. Obviously, Plush does not listen to his body. Will be interesting to see whether Plush and his body can be guided by Camerlengo to a new and different (for Plush) height of artistic excellence.

Ziggy
05-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Every competitive athlete is doing a lot of harm to their body, putting more stress on it than it can handle.

aftershocks
05-27-2012, 09:47 PM
^^ Yeah, guess that's what "guts and glory" is all about. Still, contrary to Plush's views, I think quads are actually hurting the development of the sport (not to mention damage done to bodies).

Frau Muller
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
It's hopeless. Her teeth aren't big enough to suit USFSA. Haven't you been reading the thread? :yikes:

ROTFL! I hope that Gracie will keep her lovely natural smile and not be forced to wear Big Wooden Choppers (TM) .

MacMadame
05-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Why such hate towards someone who could be the next big American skater?

:rolleyes:

There was absolute no hate anywhere in my post.

carriemarie
05-29-2012, 08:32 AM
:rolleyes:

There was absolute no hate anywhere in my post.

If I believe correctly, I was replying to another poster not you. I wil have to re read it. And that was a dead topic like four days ago......:rolleyes:

ETA I did reply to your post, but I found your obvious dislike for Gracie and 'unproveness' silly. Sarah Hughes was super proven when she won her gold medal is it that hard to be supportive of a skater who has enormous potential and is from the Us? It is very easy to judge from behind a computer sceen.
The Gracie topic is dead in this thread, but despite your wishes, she probably won't be losing her buzz anytime soon.

Yazmeen
05-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I have not seen any Gracie "hate" anywhere on this board, almost everyone thinks she shows great promise. However, many are correct in saying she is unproven at the senior level right now (once good senior outing does not mean she's unbeatable).

I look forward to seeing Gracie compete this coming season, I think she has great potential and marvelous jumps. That said, I'm not counting on her to be the second coming of Kwan or the next Ito/Asada/Kim at this point. She needs time to mature and prove herself at the senior level, as do all juniors moving up.

leafygreens
05-29-2012, 04:46 PM

That's what the doc billed my insurance (not sure how much it would be in cash.) He warned me it was going to be expensive, but I had amazing insurance at the time that covered just about anything. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore, so for most people the cost would be a lot. I don't know what the situation is for USFS athletes having insurance, other than the small amount of supplemental provided. Since most athletes are younger they are probably on good family plans, but you never know.

This is why it makes me mad when people complain that "it's been 20 years and still no quad." We are watching people with limits, not gladiators for sheer entertainment. There's not going to be a quint in 20 more years and a sex (:rofl:) 20 years after that.

MacMadame
05-29-2012, 04:47 PM
If I believe correctly, I was replying to another poster not you. I wil have to re read it. And that was a dead topic like four days ago......:roll eyes:
You "believe" a lot of things that aren't reality. ;)

ETA I did reply to your post, but I found your obvious dislike for Gracie and 'unproveness' silly.
So saying that you are a fan of a skater and how they had a great season is how you show your "obvious" dislike for them. Now who is being silly?

You claim to have been a nationally ranked skater yet you don't seem to realize that consistency, by definition, is something that is proven by competing over and over. It takes more than one season to prove you are consistent.

I really feel sorry for Gracie. She has a lot of talent and she's had a great season and instead of people enjoying that and being happy for her, they've anointed her the great US hope and are trying to throw all their expectations on her. While this says more about them than it does about her, I'm sure that it must be hard to be in that position.

It reminds me of when Czisny had a great Fall season, even winning a GP, and people were anointing her the OGM. Then she had a horrible Nationals and didn't even get on the team.

And now, when she's cleaned up a lot of what is wrong with her skating, and really worked on controlling her nerves and fighting through problems, people have completed flipped a 180 and won't even believe her poor performance at Worlds was due to an injury.

carriemarie
05-29-2012, 04:48 PM
I have not seen any Gracie "hate" anywhere on this board, almost everyone thinks she shows great promise. However, many are correct in saying she is unproven at the senior level right now (once good senior outing does not mean she's unbeatable).

I look forward to seeing Gracie compete this coming season, I think she has great potential and marvelous jumps. That said, I'm not counting on her to be the second coming of Kwan or the next Ito/Asada/Kim at this point. She needs time to mature and prove herself at the senior level, as do all juniors moving up.

You are right. Let's move past the Gracie topic. I was just trying to say that let's embrace all these ladies and I think she has a great chance next year. It's not Gracie vs. Alissa vs. Mirai vs. Ashley over who is the greatest skater ever. I don't think my points were coming across correctly. I just think she has special potential and was trying to say as much and do prefer her to some other current US crop. This is thread about Alissa and let's discuss her...... I am sure more Gracie threads will pop up. Like I said, speedy recovery to Alissa.