PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 ISU Grand Prix Assignments

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

BittyBug
05-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Well, I guess we're starting to see the consequences of limiting GP spots on worthy US skaters. :( (and probably other countries as well, but I'm not as clued in)We already saw it last season, IMO. It's worse for pairs and dancers, too.

Lanna
05-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Yeah, the rule changes are really fecking things up. It's not pleasant.

euterpe
05-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Wait wasn't he 20th on the SB list? Meaning he was in the top 24 meaning he should have been guaranteed 1 event? I thought that's how it worked. If he did in fact submit his name he should be on the roster, unless, did the rule change and only those in the top 24 on the WORLD RANKING are guaranteed a GP event? Can anyone confirm this? If the rule didn't change, I think Josh could file a complaint explaining the error made.

Farris: 26th WR, 19th SB, 2nd JW, 3rd JGPF; NO invitation.
Machida: 24th WR, 26th SB; TWO invitations (SA, COC).
Rogozine: 33rd WR, 29th SB; ONE invitation (NHK).
Voronov: 17th Worlds, 62nd WR, 25th SB; ONE invitation (NHK).

jlai
05-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Machida: 25th WR, 26th SB; TWO invitations (SA, COC).

Machida is top 24 WR
Not sure how Ragozine, Menshov, Dmitriev, Hendrix, and Voronov got one as they weren't host picks. Rules must have changed?

So strange to have the entries come out before the GP announcement and the rules. Are they trying to make the GP rules fit what they've decided? :P

Jemestone
05-22-2012, 01:40 AM
Machida: 25th WR, 26th SB; TWO invitations (SA, COC).

Yeah don't forget about Bush and Dmitriev getting one as well. WTF?? Their ranking and seasons best is worst than the above. Oh well, tis is life.

euterpe
05-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Yeah don't forget about Bush and Dmitriev getting one as well. WTF?? There ranking and seasons best is worst than the above. Oh well, tis is life.

There are others lower on both lists who got assignments, but they were host picks. I listed only the INVITATIONS from other federations.

pinky166
05-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Josh was guaranteed one event and if he wanted it and didn't get the only reason I can think of is USFS not sending his name which of course would be a big time dropping the ball scenario.

Oh dear, this could be serious. I was concerned at Nationals when Josh's PCS were significantly lower than on the JGP while most everyone else was getting huge national inflation in regards to PCS, but I chalked it up to him not skating well at Nationals, but now...:slinkaway

The boy was 2nd at JW, 0.47 of a point from WINNING the entire competition! Dmitriev was 14th at the same event and he has a GP that isn't even a host pick, and he didn't make the JGPF either where Josh was a strong 3rd, just a handful of points off the lead. His SB is less than a point below those of Rippon and Miner who each have 2 GPs, and is over 15 points higher than Ricky Dornbush's SB and Ricky also has 2 GPs!
The boy clearly deserves at least 1 GP if not 2!

If USFS actually shafted him and didn't submit his name for selection when he asked to be considered, I would look into switching representation, honestly. He is just as good as Rippon and Miner already, his SB shows that, and further, he doesn't have 3a problems like Rippon does and is farther along on his quad than Miner is (and honestly, than Rippon is too). And then beyond those two and Abbott, his SB crushed those of any other US senior men this season, and that was at a junior event!

Any smart federation would be grooming him for the Olympic team in 2014, Abbott is not getting any younger, Rippon has major technique issues, Weir was a headcase in his prime, Miner is solid and consistency but his artistry needs a lot of work and he has no quad yet, and all the other US men apart from Dornbush, who is probably the best all-around skater after Abbott at this point but seems to be headed down the headcase path as of late, get abysmally low marks internationally.

The international judges like Josh, they give him freaking 7s for PCS at junior events! He has well-developed artistry, solid technique, a strong and reliable 3a, has been training a 4t for over a year now and has attempted it in competition before, great spins that consistently get level 4s and +2s for GOE, and he's 17! Seriously, USFS, you are delusional if you think Rippon, Miner, and Abbott are better hopes for the future than this kid.

I hope Josh kicks butt on the JGP and then again at Nationals and gets marked fairly to show how stupid USFS is for screwing him over like this.

Jemestone
05-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Machida is top 24 WR
Not sure how Ragozine, Menshov, Dmitriev, Hendrix, and Voronov got one as they weren't host picks. Rules must have changed?

So strange to have the entries come out before the GP announcement and the rules. Are they trying to make the GP rules fit what they've decided? :P

Menshov is in the top 24 WR I believe due to a B competition before WTT.

If they are trying to fit in the new GP rules, I guess the age rule didn't pass :lol:

I don't think Dmitriev is host pick, Russia is TBA.

euterpe
05-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Machida is top 24 WR

Menshov: 21 WR, 34 SB
Hendrickx: 27 WR, 28 SB
Dmitriev: 37 WR, 29 SB, COC---not a host pick

The COR TBA might be a placeholder for Plushenko.

Sylvia
05-22-2012, 01:50 AM
The men's 60 GP slots break down by country & number of men per country as follows:
12 countries, 33 different men + 6 TBA slots

JPN 13 slots / 7 [corrected from 6] different men
USA 12 / 6 + 1 TBA
CAN 7 / 4 + 1 TBA
RUS 7 / 5 + 1 TBA
FRA 5 / 2 + 1 TBA
CHN 4 / 3 + 1 TBA
CZE 4 / 2
ESP 2 / 1
ITA 2 / 1
KAZ 2 / 1
BEL 1
SWE 1

pinky166
05-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Yeah don't forget about Bush and Dmitriev getting one as well. WTF?? Their ranking and seasons best is worst than the above. Oh well, tis is life.

Also Dornbush, Miner, and Rippon all got 2 and were only guaranteed one. The SB of Miner and Rippon is a virtual tie with that of Farris and Dornbush's is much lower. WR is higher but not even by that much.

Plus then there's Majarov who has a low SB score as well.

This is such a load of BS. Poor Josh.

Lanna
05-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Machida is top 24 WR

So long as it ends up matching the rules they come up with :shuffle:

Jemestone
05-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Also Dornbush, Miner, and Rippon all got 2 and were only guaranteed one. The SB of Miner and Rippon is a virtual tie with that of Farris and Dornbush's is much lower. WR is higher but not even by that much.

Plus then there's Majarov who has a low SB score as well.

This is such a load of BS. Poor Josh.

Majorov WR is in the top 24 so he got the assignment he deserved :lol:

pinky166
05-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Majorov WR is in the top 24 so he got the assignment he deserved :lol:

Yeah I thought he had 2 but just checked and no just one. His SB is low though even if his WS is high.

Jemestone
05-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Yeah I thought he had 2 but just checked and no just one. His SB is low though even if his WS is high.

That's because he skates at every competition possible, unless he is injured, and it helps his WR.