PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 ISU Grand Prix Assignments

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

toddlj
09-06-2012, 07:30 AM
(Gao already has 2 assignments, USA and TEB; and you've left off Lacoste.)

kwanfan1818
09-06-2012, 07:36 AM
(Gao already has 2 assignments, USA and TEB; and you've left off Lacoste.)
:o You're right -- I meant to type Lacoste while staring at Gao's name.

Marco
09-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Argh! Why isn't the reigning Junior World Champion moving up to seniors, when China has so many GP spots to give for men they are starting to give them to someone whom nobody knows or hasn't done anything? It really is time to invest in He Zhang and Yan Han and forget about Guan Jinlin. It's the freaking pre-Olympic season! If Song Nan faltered at Worlds again like last year, China will again be left with one guy for Sochi. Even if they pick Yan Han over Song Nan for Worlds this year, he will have practically no senior international experience and will be snubbed by judges and by skate order.

Give Yan Han a freaking chance!!! :mad:

In related news, at least Li Zijun finally has her second assignment. I don't know whose brain was at work when they decided to give an assignment to Geng Bingwa before securing a second one for Li Zijun. :scream:

spikydurian
09-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Argh! Why isn't the reigning Junior World Champion moving up to seniors, when China has so many GP spots to give for men they are starting to give them to someone whom nobody knows or hasn't done anything? It really is time to invest in He Zhang and Yan Han and forget about Guan Jinlin. It's the freaking pre-Olympic season! If Song Nan faltered at Worlds again like last year, China will again be left with one guy for Sochi. Even if they pick Yan Han over Song Nan for Worlds this year, he will have practically no senior international experience and will be snubbed by judges and by skate order. Give Yan Han a freaking chance!!!
Agree. I think HanYan has a very chance of being the top five IF he gets better exposure/experience and coaching as early as possible. Oh well..it's probably the pecking order ... wait your time .. seniority counts not talent. :(

seabm7
09-06-2012, 10:33 AM
(Phaneuf is resting her back, skipping GP's this year.)

paskatefan
09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Administrations - please delete this comment - intended for another thread! Thanks!

whispering
09-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Argh! Why isn't the reigning Junior World Champion moving up to seniors, when China has so many GP spots to give for men they are starting to give them to someone whom nobody knows or hasn't done anything? It really is time to invest in He Zhang and Yan Han and forget about Guan Jinlin. It's the freaking pre-Olympic season! If Song Nan faltered at Worlds again like last year, China will again be left with one guy for Sochi. Even if they pick Yan Han over Song Nan for Worlds this year, he will have practically no senior international experience and will be snubbed by judges and by skate order.

Give Yan Han a freaking chance!!! :mad:

Yes,it's a shame that Han still competing on the junior circuit,but on the other hand Yi Wang deserves that host pick,maybe even more deserve than Jinlin Guan IMO. He was fifth at the Chinese National Winter Games(rank after Nan Song,Han Yan,Jialiang Wu and Boyang Jin) and a bronze medalist at a national competition this April.He suffered a lot from injuries that kept him away from international competitions in his junior time.I am excited for his international debut at coc,he has a quad (but still struggle with 3a) and I think he will surprise a lot people with his SS and presentation:)

Sylvia
09-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the information on Yi Wang, whispering! I dug out the following from the FSU Archives:

Chinese National FS Cup
Apr 11 – 13, 2012
Qiqihar, China

1 Han YAN 71.48 (1) / 146.00 (1) = 217.48
2 Boyang JIN 62.02 (2) / 135.83 (2) = 197.85
3 Yi WANG 61.50 (3) / 129.21 (3) = 190.71

SP
3 WANG: 4T (-2), 3F+3T (0.93), FCSp3, 2A, CSSp4, SlSt3, CCoSp4

FS
3 WANG 68.53(B) TES / 60.68 PCS: 4T (+2), 3Lo (+1.17), 3F+3T (+1.17), 3Lz (-1.4), 3F (-1.4), 3S (+0.47), 2A (+0.33), 1A+2T

I assume the (B) is a bonus given out for quad attempts.

sk8tingfan30
09-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Such a waste to not send one of many options for ladies but since Schultz broke up with Steele in July I don't believe there is any other pair team to send.

Where did you get the information that Steele and Schultz have split up? Is this confirmed?

SamuraiK
09-06-2012, 07:13 PM
In related news, at least Li Zijun finally has her second assignment. I don't know whose brain was at work when they decided to give an assignment to Geng Bingwa before securing a second one for Li Zijun. :scream:

That was a smart brain actually. It was obviously strategic since Li had guaranteed one event for being top 24SB , so by leaving her on purpose out of COC they made sure another Fed had to invite her and then they could give her 2nd event by picking her for the TBA spot. Geng on the other hand had no guaranteed event so it was logical they picked her as an initial host spot.

kwanfan1818
09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
(Phaneuf is resting her back, skipping GP's this year.)

Thanks!

She may need a higher score to meet the TES minimums, were she to earn the single spot for London. I wonder when the ISU will announce if the lower the World minimums, but there are Senior B's between Ca Nats and the final Worlds deadline, if they don't or the minimums are still too high.

hohoho
09-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I think dropping the TES minimum is based on how many have actually got the minimum score. I don't think that will change until all qualifying events to achieve the TES score is done before Worlds.

SamuraiK
09-07-2012, 12:40 AM
I think dropping the TES minimum is based on how many have actually got the minimum score. I don't think that will change until all qualifying events to achieve the TES score is done before Worlds.

Exactly, Im positive that if by the end of 4CC there are more than 30 possible entries (right now there are about 19-20) with the minimun score it wont get lowered.

kwanfan1818
09-07-2012, 01:28 AM
There are three Senior B's concurrent with 4C's. There are three Senior B's after 4C's for Men, Ladies, and Ice Dance, plus Jr. Worlds that end seven days before Senior Worlds.

Except for Pairs, where the last Senior competitions before Worlds are 4C's and the concurrent Bavarian Open, there's a world of difference between "all the qualifying events to achieve the TES score is done before Worlds" -- i.e., Citta di Torino (Men, Ladies, Ice Dance) -- and end of 4C's.

My question for the ISU is whether they are going to lower the score while it is still possible for Ladies, Men, and Dancers to meet the new minimum after the new score is set, or whether they will wait until after the last Senior B in February (2.5 weeks before Worlds), and set the minimum so that they have their 30 (or whatever the target is) skaters.

Marco
09-07-2012, 03:46 AM
That was a smart brain actually. It was obviously strategic since Li had guaranteed one event for being top 24SB , so by leaving her on purpose out of COC they made sure another Fed had to invite her and then they could give her 2nd event by picking her for the TBA spot. Geng on the other hand had no guaranteed event so it was logical they picked her as an initial host spot.

I had thought of that, but then if that was the case, CHN really would have added her right away after the initial assignments were out. And they didn't even use that tactic on Yan Han.

I am more inclined to think that for whatever political / stubborn / pecking order reason, they prefer to not let those talented newbies take things for granted and have them wait their turn. China was full of talented singles skaters but they just kept sending the disappointing ones like Wu Jialiang, Guan Jinlin, Liu Yan (post 2006), Geng Bingwa and Zhu Qiuying etc for no reason. There was no programme.