PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 ISU Grand Prix Assignments

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

danafan
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Wow I'm very disappointed that Skate Canada isn't using the host picks for ladies and pairs. Desanctis skated reasonably well last year and didn't finish last in either segment.

hanca
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Except Mirai Nagasu and Joshi Helgesson can't be counted again for COC and Sofia Biryukova can't go to France because there are already 3 russians at TEB.

Also, the TEB slot can still be counted as a host pick. the French fed can still choose any of their skaters (not likely) or invite anyone from any country that made the GP minimum as a host pick, not needing to follow the next group of top 5.

Well, then Sofia Biryukova could go to COC and Mirai Nagasu or Joshi Helgesson to TEB. (I would prefer Nagasu).

Theatregirl1122
09-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Good for Canada for giving a host spot to a foreigner instead of not using it or assigning a Canadian lady without any chances! :)

Wouldn't leaving it empty be against the rules this far out?

analia
09-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Can't help thinking how strategic CAN fed is...this is the kind of small favors to RUS and FRA, two powerful feds, that need to be returned one way or another.

ali_dorate
09-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Thank you Skate Canada for giving Shelepen the second assignment!!
I hope she'll make a strong debut.

laceup
09-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Wow I'm very disappointed that Skate Canada isn't using the host picks for ladies and pairs. Desanctis skated reasonably well last year and didn't finish last in either segment.

Such a waste to not send one of many options for ladies but since Schultz broke up with Steele in July I don't believe there is any other pair team to send.

chipso1
09-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Good for Canada for giving a host spot to a foreigner instead of not using it or assigning a Canadian lady without any chances! :)

But how are the Canadian ladies supposed to improve with such limited international opportunities? IMO, either DeSanctis and Charbonneau should have received that spot.

oleada
09-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Polinas S & K with second assignments :cheer2:
Martusheva/Rogonov :D Glad they were picked!

Proustable
09-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Random Thoughts:

MEN:
Surprised reigning bronze medallist Jeremy Ten has been snubbed by SC. Same goes for french Chafik Bessehier :( As for Russia I would have prefered to spread the wealth and give it to Ivan Bariev. I was hoping for Jiaxing Liu in China , im not familiar with the guy chosen and Im still mad Han Yan is being held back in juniors.

LADIES:
Yay for both Polinas getting two. LOL at SC realizing their ladies are not worth it. Theres still a host pick for TEB that could probably go to a foreign skater. BTW, Nagasu is being passed again yes but both Polinas were among the next 5 to chose from so its all between the muddy GP Rules.

PAIRS:
Canadian pairs are not so worthless as the ladies so Im surprised SC prefered to invite a foreign team here.
Yay for Martiusheva & Rogonov, they should have got it from the start.

DANCE:
No surprises here. I hope Zahorski & Miart can bounce back from last disastrous season.

re: Pairs

Canada has four pairs teams on the senior level worth a darn, and all four have spots. The rest either split up, stayed junior, or both (Bobek/Beharry became Jones/Beharry; Jones was a senior in her former partnership, but can skate junior with Beharry and elected to do so).

Don't know who gets Sui/Han's spots when they WD (as we expect right now, right?)

smarts1
09-06-2012, 01:15 AM
:( When is Nagasu getting her second GP?

PinkFeathers
09-06-2012, 01:19 AM

Maybe they'll see how she does at Finlandia?

SamuraiK
09-06-2012, 02:30 AM

Yretha Silete's spots are still to be replaced. But the Feds will probably chose Helgesson and Lacoste cause they're lesser threats:lol::rolleyes:

Proustable
09-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Given that Canada gave France one of their pair's slots, I can totally see TEB going for Osmond or LaCoste.

fan
09-06-2012, 03:09 AM
Such a waste to not send one of many options for ladies but since Schultz broke up with Steele in July I don't believe there is any other pair team to send.

interesting - this has not been made public (as far as i was aware) - any reasons? are either/both of them continuing skating? they had quite a successful season last year.

kwanfan1818
09-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Wouldn't leaving it empty be against the rules this far out?
Although the rules aren't written anywhere that I can find, there seems to be a deadline by which all Feds are supposed to assign their TBA's. Last year, all the TBA host assignments were done by the end of August except for France (mid-October), and this year they were all done by 5 September. (It's possible France ignored it, like Feds seem to be able to do, or they might have said to the ISU that they wanted to decided based on some test skate or fall comps, but planned to fill the spots.)

Theoretically, all spots are supposed to be filled if the withdrawal is more than 14 days before the competition -- the rules are hazy between 7-14 days -- but as if it's stopped them before from not filling a spot.

Maybe they'll see how she does at Finlandia?
Do you mean another Fed would only choose her if she faltered? Otherwise, it shouldn't matter at all for GP assignments.

The skaters/teams with Top 24 SB who haven't split, stayed junior, or withdrawn as of today are:

Ice Dance:
18-Tobias/Stagniunas (USA)
20-Chock/Bates (CHN)
22-Alessandrini/Vaturi (USA)
23-Slobina/Sitnikov (CAN)

(Next in line are Ralph/Hill [CAN])

Pairs:
20-Vise/Baldwin (CAN)

(Next in line who've met the GP minimum: Hausch/Wende [RUS], Zhang/Wang [none - split or injured?], Della Monica/Guarise [none], Duarte/Grafton [none], Bakirova/Kaminachuk [none]. Unless another pair meets the GP minimum at one of the five Fall Senior B's -- or maybe one of the early GP's, like an Obsure Chinese Pair replacing Sui/Han at CoC-- that's it for the Pairs substitutes list, with Gerboldt/Enbert's injury withdrawal.)

Men
3-Plushenko, but he's not participating.

(First five in line are: Hendricks [FRA], Rogozine [JPN], Dmitriev [CHN], Ge [none], Bush [RUS].)

Ladies:

8-Czisny, by known request due to surgery
11-Nagasu, ???
15-Biryukova

(Next in line: Gao [USA] -- see below -- Lacoste [CAN] J. Helgesson [CHN], Flatt [USA]. Sixth is Phaneuf, who was bypassed for a SC host pick.)