PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 ISU Grand Prix Assignments

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

morqet
05-21-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm really excited to see Jeremy get TEB - I spoke with him last year there and he said he always asks for it and never gets it, so I'm glad it finally paid off for him!

I understand why the federations involved would want it, but the 2nd and 3rd seeds in the Men being at NHK and 4th and 5th being at TEB is a bit confusing - I thought the ISU rules about seeding would override the preferences of individual federations. And selfishly, I wanted to see Dai in Paris!

Domshabfan
05-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Russia Pairs

Two: Volosozhar/Trankov(US/Russia), Kavaguti/Smirnov(China/France), Stolbova/Klimov(China/France), Bazarova/Larionov(Russia/Japan)
One: Gerbolt/Enbert(Canada), TBA(Russia)

Dance Russia
Two: Bobrova/Soloviev (USA/China), Riaznova/Tkachenko(Canada/France), Sinitsina/Zhighashin(China/Russia), Ilinykh/Katsalapov(Russia/Japan)
One: Pushkash/Guerreiro(France), Monko/Khaliavin(Russia)

Ladies Russia
Two: Leonova (US/Russia), Stotnikova(US/Russia), Makarova(Canada/Japan), Tuktamysheva(Canada/France), Lipnitskaia(China/France)
One: Shelepen(Japan), Biryukova(Japan), Korbeynikova(France), TBA(Russia)

China Pairs

Two: Pang/Tong (USA/China), Peng/Zhang(China/France), Sui/Han(China/Japan)

Men Japan
Two: Hanyu(US/Japan), Kozuka(US/Russia), Machida(US/China), Mura(Canada/France), Oda(Canada/Russia), Takahaski(China/Japan)
One: Murakami(Japan)

Ladies Japan

Two: Imai(US/Japan), Murakami (Canada/Russia), Suzuki (Canada/Japan), Asada(China/Japan), Ando(China/France),

Tammi
05-21-2012, 01:03 PM
I have a question, why do you think Sk Canada choose GIlles_Poirier instead of Weaver _Poje ? They have Virtue/Moir there already, so it might just be strategical. I'm more surprised that Paul/Islam were not given anything.

l'etoile
05-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the post!

So many interesting entries. Even more exciting than ever:D

Does anyone have any idea what happened to Evan? After he changed the agent, I thought things were going well with USFSA.

B.Cooper
05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
US Ladies:
Two: Wagner (USA/France), Gold and Zhang (Canada/Russia), Zawadzki (Russia/Japan)
One: Nagasu (China), Czisny (Japan)

US Men:
Two: Abbott (USA/France), Miner (Canada/Japan), Rippon (China/Japan), Dornbush (Russia/Japan), Weir (Russia/France)
One: Razzano (US)

US Pairs
Two: Denney/Coughlin (USA/Russia), Marley/Brubaker (Canada/Japan)
One: Donlan/Speroff (USA), Yankowskas/Regan (USA), Davis/Ladwig (Japan)

US Dance:
Two: Davis/White (USA/Japan), Hubbell/Donohue (Canada, Japan), Shibutani (Russia/Japan)
One: Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt (USA), Chock/Bates (China)

Need to make a correction.....or addition...
US Ladies: One event: Christina Gao and Rachael Flatt

I can't say that the comment made somehwere above about Nagasu and Czisny each receiving one SGP is "getting dumped". When the SGP format went down to 10 slots/event, it just made getting assignments that much more difficult. Just not enough slots to go around quite frankly. If they are both serious about continuing to compete, I suspect that USFS will find Sr B's to send them to, esp Nagasu, so that she won't have to compete at either regionals or sectionals. Czisny can stay home all autumn and "recover" and just go out and do one event if that is all she wants to do as she will have a bye to Omaha. And, I suspect that is why Czisny rec'd Japan, the last SGP event. USFS still likes her IMO, and they are going to give her time to figure out her life.

I'm really surprised that Josh Farris and Jason Brown are staying on the JGP. Not sure what the strategy for those decisions. Is this the 3rd yr for each of them on the JGP?
Hmmmm...no Evan.... not surprised by that.
And Johnny....getting 2 events.....USFS and their love/hate relationship with him....but they still will politic for him to get him to events because he still sells tickets.
Alittle suprised by new pair teams getting assignments....and unproven at this point (Y/R and D/L)

NorthernDancers
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
They have Virtue/Moir there already, so it might just be strategical. I'm more surprised that Paul/Islam were not given anything.

And that Orford/Williams who finished behind them and weren't stellar at Junior Worlds did get a spot (in fact lost a whole pile of JGP slots for Canada when they were expected to finish higher but didn't). While Paul/Islam had an injury filled year, and therefore a lousy season results wise, if they are healthy, they are in a different league from a quality and skills perspective. This is unfathomable to me. Wow.

hippychick
05-21-2012, 01:58 PM
For US Pairs Castelli and Schnapir and Vise Baldwin also have one event

Ziggy
05-21-2012, 01:58 PM
How the hell did Nazarova/Nikitin manage to get a GP assigment? :huh:

Seeing only 8 spots in Pairs and especially Ice Dance is so :mad:.

So many decent teams denied spots. :(

Tammi
05-21-2012, 02:08 PM
And that Orford/Williams who finished behind them and weren't stellar at Junior Worlds did get a spot (in fact lost a whole pile of JGP slots for Canada when they were expected to finish higher but didn't). While Paul/Islam had an injury filled year, and therefore a lousy season results wise, if they are healthy, they are in a different league from a quality and skills perspective. This is unfathomable to me. Wow.Orford/Williams GP was an automatic one (accumulated points gave them #22 in the World standings). I know Paul/Islam struggled with injury, but I am surprised that Skate Canada didn't leave a TBD spot for their host pick and decide after some summer monitoring. It appears that Gilles/Poirier were given the early nod instead.

ChelleC
05-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Does anyone have any idea what happened to Evan? After he changed the agent, I thought things were going well with USFSA.

There's the TBA for Skate America, could possibly end up being him.

Or there's the All Star Season of DWTS, he could end up on that.

danafan
05-21-2012, 02:14 PM
How the hell did Nazarova/Nikitin manage to get a GP assigment? :huh:

Their score from the Youth Olympics was 24th on the season best list - doesn't this guarantee a spot?

http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/sb2011-12/sbtsdto.htm

Eislauffan
05-21-2012, 02:24 PM
With the GP being announced so early again this season, there'll be plenty of changes later on, I think. So some people might drop out and others get a second assignment.

morqet
05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
What did Dornbush do to merit 2 assignments?

sus2850
05-21-2012, 02:30 PM
And why no Armin?

Ziggy
05-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Why is USFS wasting a spot on Rachael Flatt? :P

I mean you never know, Flatt might turn her career around but I just don't understand rewarding her for her last two seasons.

I'd have left that spot TBA and yeah maybe would give it to Flatt but ONLY if she showed good form during the Summer events.

It is indeed surprising that Paul/Islam got totally dumped. Maybe Gilles/Poirier have been monitored and really improved a lot already?

Some federations are smart playing a waiting game, leaving a spot TBA even though it's clear which skater of theirs should get this spot.

But if they can give that skater a second spot via replacement system, then they can have an extra spot for somebody else. :mad:

Their score from the Youth Olympics was 24th on the season best list - doesn't this guarantee a spot?

http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/sb2011-12/sbtsdto.htm

Thanks, that would explain it.

What did Dornbush do to merit 2 assignments?

20th in World Standings, I guess. But he was only 27th on the Season's Best scores so...

And why no Armin?

Why would he get one?