PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 ISU Grand Prix Assignments

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

PinkFeathers
05-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Happy to see that Jeremy finally got Skate America, and that Johnny got 2 assignments :cheer2: :swoon:

I do wonder what happened with Evan tho. Did he not sign the new agreement? Did he just get a royal snub? Inquiring minds wanna know :scream:

I'm not at all surprised by Alissa getting one, and a late in the series one at that. If there is an injury of some sort, she has more time to train and recover. Kind of surprised to see Flatt tho o_o

victoriaheidi
05-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Dear USFS,

I'm going to be blunt and say that it was potentially very stupid of you to assign all 3 of your ladies spots before summer monitoring.

Sincerely,

I actually like Rachael Flatt...but that doesn't mean I want to see her have a splatfest

Andrey aka Pushkin
05-21-2012, 10:42 AM
:scream: for TEB. As usual :)

The good news are, that Pluschenko won't compete at CoR because Chan is there :P

casken
05-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Shouldn't the TBA spot for Dance at SA just go to Chock/Bates? Seems like a no brainer. :confused:

Eislauffan
05-21-2012, 10:55 AM
thank you Sylvia
I'm surprised that Julia LIPNITSKAIA is going senior before it is clear if the rooles are going to change

Julia Lipnitskaia and her coach Eteri Tutberidze are hoping that the rules don't change and she will be able to compete on the GP. They had to get into the GP assignments now, it would have been too late to say after the Congress that she'd like to compete at the senior GP. If there is a rule change and she becomes ineligible because of her age, she will just withdraw and be replaced. She still can get into the Junior Grand Prix.

spikydurian
05-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Good to know Johnny is indeed returning to skate - it is no hot air. :D Where is Evan (USA TBA)? (RUSSIA TBA) = Plushenko? :cheer2:

npavel
05-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Julia Lipnitskaia and her coach Eteri Tutberidze are hoping that the rules don't change and she will be able to compete on the GP. They had to get into the GP assignments now, it would have been too late to say after the Congress that she'd like to compete at the senior GP. If there is a rule change and she becomes ineligible because of her age, she will just withdraw and be replaced. She still can get into the Junior Grand Prix.

what would I do without you? thank you for clarifying for me. You are right, that's the best way. I hadn't thought about that in these terms.

sus2850
05-21-2012, 11:50 AM
The assignments for TEB are awesome, I am really glad.
Jeremy and Johnny!
And Aljona and Robin returning plus Kavaguti/Smirnov. I
would have liked to see Ladwig/Davis too, but I should not be greedy.
And I am also looking forward to the amazingly strong looking ladies field, Caro and Miki and the three young Russians plus Ashley Wagner!
The ice dance field seems not so fierce, but as I am a big fan of Pechalat/Bourzat and also really like Riazanova/Tkachenko, it should be great fun!

haribobo
05-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Seemingly staying junior unless they've aged out?

Men- Yan Han, Jason Brown, Joshua Farris, He Zhang, Maxim Kovtun, Keiji Tanaka, Ryuju Hino, Mikhail Kolyada, Shoma Uno, Ryuichi Kihara, June Hyoung Lee, etc.

Ladies- Satoko Miyahara, Risa Shoji, Samantha Cesario, Courtney Hicks, Anna Shershak, Hae Jin Kim, Polina Agafonova, Vanessa Lam, Yasmin Siraj, Hannah Miller, Ashley Cain, Anais Ventard, Miu Sato

PAIRS- Davankova/Deputat, Yu/Jin, Denney/Frazier, Simpson/Blackmer, Purdy/Marinaro, Fedorova/Miroshkin, Calalang/Sidhu, Li/Jiang, Tudvaseva/Lisiev, Gainetdinova/Bich

DANCE- Stepanova/Bukin, Yanovskaya/Mozgov, Aldridge/Eaton, Papadakis/Cizeron, Zenkova/Sinitsin, Koch/Nuchtern, Kosigina/Moroshkin, Galyeta/Shumski

tut88
05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I've many random thoughts
Giving 2 events each skater/couple, the GP opens to new skaters, of that I'm happy !
Weir I bet he is so happy to skate in Moscow ! :) Nice to see him back.
I see so many Russian and Canadian dance team, I'm impressed.
I'm happy Guignard-Fabbri have the possibility to skate in a GP event !!
I have a question, why do you think Sk Canada choose GIlles_Poirier instead of Weaver _Poje ?
It's just a question I know anything about canada's teams and politics.
txs to anyone who want to asnwer.
:)

oleada
05-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm glad that Zlobina/Sitnikov, Shelpen and Regan/Yankowskas all got assignments.

rfisher
05-21-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm glad that Zlobina/Sitnikov, Shelpen and Regan/Yankowskas all got assignments.

Me too, except the pairs event in China is a killer since it takes place in the middle of the night here. :lol: I'll just have to go to bed early since I do not want to miss Y/R's debut.

And damn, but I'd like to go to SA now to see V/T and Donlan/Spieroff. Alas, there's no way I can manage right in the middle of the fall term.

Domshabfan
05-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Canada Ladies
Two: None
One: Lacoste(Canada), Osmond (Canada) & TBA (Canada)

Canada Men
Two: Chan (Canada/Russia), Reynolds(China/Japan)
One: Firus (Canada), Rogozine(Japan), TBA(Canada)

Ice Dance
Two: Weaver/Poje(US/China), Gilles/Poirier(Canada/France), Virtue/Moir(Canada/Russia)
One: Ralph/Hill(Canada), Orford/Williams(Japan)

Pairs
Two: Dube/Wolfe(USA/Russia), Duhamel/Radford(Canada/France), Paige/Lawrence(Canada/Russia),Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (China/Japan)

One:TBA(Canada)

danafan
05-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm very glad Osmond is moving senior, this is the right call. And Phenuef got nothing - I hope Skate Canada will have a skate off for the TBA.
I don't remember the last time, if ever, Canadian ladies didn't get other grand prixs besides Skate Canada. We don't deserve them, clearly, but wow....
I think they are sending a message to Phaneuf.

Coco
05-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Is Phaneuf retiring or is Skate Canada (the organization) just making her work for it? That TBA in the ladies strikes me as odd.