View Full Version : Crazy Christian Woman Anti-Gay Rant

Ozzisk8tr
05-21-2012, 04:53 AM
There are just no words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxjJZFGgNM

:rofl:

genevieve
05-21-2012, 05:23 AM
the guy behind her is priceless. Too bad SNL just ended their season...I can totally see how they would adapt this.

I'm shocked to learn that I apparently died 2 years ago, since gays and lesbians don't live past the age of 40.

milanessa
05-21-2012, 05:31 AM
I'm shocked to learn that I apparently died 2 years ago, since gays and lesbians don't live past the age of 40.

That's because you didn't self-inflict, silly. ;)

falling_dance
05-21-2012, 05:32 AM
Less than a decade to go. :(

I do feel sorry for her.

Buzz
05-21-2012, 05:37 AM
It has been awhile since I have laughed so hard. :lol:

LuckyCharm
05-21-2012, 05:38 AM
huh?

seriously, she must be mentally ill. normal bigots are usually at least coherent.

I do love how, except for the guy right behind her, everybody looked terribly bored. I wonder if she shows up to these meetings talking crazy on a regular basis.

falling_dance
05-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Here's (http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/video-of-testifier-s-anti-gay-words-goes-viral-but/article_82ec7104-4062-5988-8e56-8effde1ff202.html) an article about her.

Svoboda lives at an assisted-living facility in Lincoln and is listed as a protected person, according to court documents. Her brother, Patrick Svoboda of Ogallala, is her conservator because she is incompetent, the documents say.

He was unaware of the video's popularity, but wasn't surprised -- he knew it would be a matter of time before she got in trouble somewhere.

He said he's disappointed the video garnered such attention and jokes without the whole story.

"To me, it shows how little society really cares about people with mental health issues," Patrick Svoboda said. "She does have a very tender heart ... but anything she says is certifiably schizophrenic ... she's not some crazy conservative."

He said her family has tried to get her help multiple times, but unless she harms herself or others, there's not much more they can do.

It wasn't the first time Svoboda has testified before the council. She also is a registered lobbyist at the Capitol.

She usually speaks twice a month during the council's open mic sessions, where citizens can talk for up to five minutes on any topic. The council sits patiently until she is done.

Cachoo
05-21-2012, 06:09 AM
And then we have this video from Matthew who took time off from his studies at Harvard to study the bible as it relates to gay people. With all of the Westboro idiots running around in our state I'm so pleased to find this young man. I don't expect you want to listen to all of this but just know there is sanity on this issue in our state:

http://youtu.be/ezQjNJUSraY

agalisgv
05-21-2012, 07:15 AM
And then we have this video from Matthew who took time off from his studies at Harvard to study the bible as it relates to gay people. With all of the Westboro idiots running around in our state I'm so pleased to find this young man. I don't expect you want to listen to all of this but just know there is sanity on this issue in our state:

http://youtu.be/ezQjNJUSraY While I'm sympathetic to his arguments, he's basically just restating the work of Martin and Scroggs on this. Not sure why this took two year school leave to do--he could have read those works in a couple hours. In some instances, he's almost quoting them verbatim.

Alex Forrest
05-21-2012, 08:00 AM
This made the rounds last week on HuffPo. The entire article was taken down because several commenters posted that they felt HP was abusing a mentally ill woman to make a political statement. What I found most eye-opening was the conservator brother who said she was an unmedicated, mentally ill schizophrenic and was "not some crazy conservative". That was newsworthy. We discussed this to death on HP, and while I respect the needs of the mentally ill, she really did not sound all that 'off', considering what the leading republicans have said on this issue. Maybe Santorum, Bachmann, Perry, et al need to have a conservator and make them take their meds and put them in an assisted living home. It just seems that this woman was repeating what she's heard on Fox News. And I absolutely am not picking on this woman, she is unmedicated and schizophrenic, but the fact the she is able to repeat those Fox News and RW talking points with some articulation is just scary. People will listen to her and say "Atta girl". She is mentally ill. Why she was given this five minute forum is anyone's guess.