PDA

View Full Version : Article: Lubov Iliushechkina wants to skate for France, but...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

love_skate2011
05-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Have I missed something or do you say that because he has a Georgian name?

Georgian last name mostly ends either ili or dze
so chances Nodari has Georgian roots are very high.

I think it is also great if he will skate for Georgia like Elene

Andrey aka Pushkin
05-23-2012, 02:43 PM
He does have Georgian roots, it's not just the name (which is obviously Georgian).
But unfortunately, there's no rumor of any kind implying that he might switch countries. It would be a shame if he'd get lost in the sea of talented Russian pairs.

kwanfan1818
05-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Is there even a rumor of a female Georgian pairs skater with whom he could skate? In any case, the Russian Fed would have to release him, and that would be two years, and he'd no longer have the subsidized training or the political clout of the Russian Fed.

Vash01
05-23-2012, 05:27 PM
And Maisuradze is not a mess, he's a great pairs skater. I hope he has a great career himself, perhaps in Georgia :)
They could use a pair.

I thought Nodari had already found a partner?

pinky166
05-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Is there even a rumor of a female Georgian pairs skater with whom he could skate? In any case, the Russian Fed would have to release him, and that would be two years, and he'd no longer have the subsidized training or the political clout of the Russian Fed.

Well, there is Nikol Gosviani who is Georgian but represents Russia and currently skates singles. If she were to switch representation then they could team up and represent Georgia together.

kwanfan1818
05-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't see why he'd be tempted to go through the wait-out period to skate for Georgia when he's already given training and housing and a new Russian partner.