PDA

View Full Version : Summer fun: AGT's back! Bring on the weird acts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

skatesindreams
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I'd support an age limit for youngsters, as well.

Sassafras
09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I'd support an age limit for youngsters, as well.

Add me to that list.

taf2002
09-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I'd like the dogs & Tim Hockleman to go through. I don't really care who else as long as the kid mariachi singer & the kid dancers don't. I don't think any of them have a prayer of winning anyway. The light show is completely unoriginal & I think they should have been called on it back during the audition round.

victorskid
09-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Well, in the first two groupings the light theatre folks and the speed painters are two of the top four, only three of whom will actually go into the final. The geeky comic, the father & daughter, the cloggers and the mariachi kid were all eliminated.

In the next two groupings - the parrot guy and and the stunt bike group were eliminated while the dogs went into the top four. I got a phone call but know that the young dancers were the last to go into the top four.

Going into the final will be the young dancers (Untouchables) and the dogs, based on the voting, plus speed painters chosen by the judges (Howie & Howard).

The final is at 9 p.m. on Wednesday next week with six performances competing.

Sorry for not putting in the proper names above - I was doing it rather hurriedly and knew you'd know who I meant!

Rob
09-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Wow. I thought Howard would go the other way.

A.H.Black
09-07-2012, 05:10 AM
I got all four this time. Who woulda thunk. I'm a bit surprised the dogs were second in the voting. Maybe the tears made a difference.

BaileyCatts
09-07-2012, 12:10 PM
This is going to be a fantastic Finale show!! I really really really want the doggies to win, but I think mega harp dude might take it. I don't think either one of them will have trouble getting work though, so doggies will still be winners in the end. :dog: My prediction for Final standings (not necessarily want I want, but what I think will happen):

1) Mega Harp Dude
2) Doggies (even though I want them to win and will be voting for them) :dog:
3) Comic Dude
4) Kid Dancers (based on how voting went tonight)
5) Speed Painter group
6) Sand Painter (he totally turned me off with his arrogance and attitude, so I want him in last place!)

Rob
09-07-2012, 02:28 PM
No singers!

taf2002
09-07-2012, 03:12 PM
I think the couple who train the kid dancers are hugely talented but I liked their troupe last year much much better. I can't stand cutesy kids & am not entertained by them. The worst thing that could happen to these kids is if they won. It's bad enough that they will be performing some shows in Vegas.

Sassafras
09-07-2012, 03:30 PM
^^^^^^^

taf2002
09-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Didn't anyone watch tonight? The comic was really good but so was the dog act, & even though I didn't find tonight's number as amazing as usual, the Earth Harp is deserving too. This was the best finale for me so far. I think the comic should win but I imagine the dog act has already secured a job in Vegas. Actually either of them are equally deserving IMO.

The worst would be if the kids or the sand painter wins. meh The other painter is really good but if he is serious about his painting he needs to get rid of the gimmicks & just paint. I agreed with Howard - I would hang tonight's painting on my wall in a New York minute.

Sassafras
09-13-2012, 04:26 AM
I'm rooting for the comic, but the dogs are priceless.

Rob
09-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Dogs or earth harp for me

A.H.Black
09-13-2012, 05:18 AM
I also want the comic, Tom Cotter.

skateboy
09-13-2012, 07:12 AM
My choice would be Tom Cotter (although I didn't think he was all that funny tonight), but I'd also be okay with the dogs.