PDA

View Full Version : Summer fun: AGT's back! Bring on the weird acts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

rfisher
08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Awful and you could tell Sharon is totally PO'd at NBC. She was just fulfilling the last of her contract. I wonder if she'll get over her snit that they dumped Jack for that military reality show because of his MS and stay next season or if she's really going to walk.

my little pony
08-15-2012, 12:23 PM
considering how far her kids have gotten on nothing but nepotism, she should get over herself

skatesindreams
08-15-2012, 05:04 PM
The only act that had potential last night was the bird.
I was surprised that the acts were so poor.

Rob
08-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Apart from the bird and the hanky magician, that was pretty much a waste of time. The country singer girl and the dance act were fine, but not any better than what we already have on the show.

The "dark" illusionist, carpenter guy, and bells were pretty much WTF?

A.H.Black
08-15-2012, 08:27 PM
I always wonder why they have this show after the quarter finals. It should be earlier so the bad acts that move on can be weeded out earlier. Jackie Evancho was a big exception and was a fabulous find, but most of the youtube acts are not worth the effort.

Rob
08-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Awful and you could tell Sharon is totally PO'd at NBC. She was just fulfilling the last of her contract. I wonder if she'll get over her snit that they dumped Jack for that military reality show because of his MS and stay next season or if she's really going to walk.

Did you watch that show? Everyone on it is an athlete, action star, or outdoorsman. Even Todd Palin has won some wild marathon snowboard race on the Iditerod track year after year and he can shoot.

BaileyCatts
08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
^ Yea. I did. And I sat there wondering why the hell Jack Osborne would have ever been cast on this show in the first place and thought it must have been some other show they were talking about, because he barely would have even been able to hold up the weight of a gun, let alone do those tasks, compared to the people on that show. And it has nothing to do with him having MS. Everyone on that show is like over the top fit, in shape, top physical beat your ass condition. And Jack Osborne is, uhm .... not. I think he got dumped simply because he was a wimp on this show compared to the others, and dropping him was simply an executive decision because he should have never been cast in the first place, and was probably only chosen because he was Sharon's son. He clearly was not chosen on the same conditions the others on that show were.

Rob
08-15-2012, 09:16 PM
My thoughts exactly.

I thought the show was a bit ridiculous and I was surprised Wesley Clark signed up. I guess for the charity donations? When the contestants said things like "we encountered enemy fire" or "there were bombs going off everywhere," I was like No, Not Really.:rolleyes:

rfisher
08-16-2012, 11:46 AM
I didn't watch. NBC's official position is that Jack didn't really fit into the show's parameters (they'd never actually signed a contract). He and Sharon are claiming it's because he went public about the MS. He even offered to carry his own insurance policy. While the MS may have been the tipping point for rejecting him, I suspect the official position carried the most weight and the only reason he was in talks at all was because of Sharon. Of course, Howard Stern has totally overshadowed both she and Mandel this season. I'm not a fan of Stern's radio show, but I will say he is the best judge the show has ever had. He's honest and his praise is as genuine as his critique. Losing Sharon would be no loss to the show any longer, so I suspect NBC really doesn't care what she ultimately decides.

Murdoch
08-16-2012, 03:06 PM
So, what do people think of the wildcards?

Notably, Howie and Sharon both went back to acts prior to the quarterfinal.

Ben Blaque (Stern) Crossbow Performer

Todd Oliver (Stern) Ventriloquist/Dog Act

Horse (Stern) Nutshot Taker

Spencer Horsman (Stern) Escape Illusionist

All That! (Osbourne) Cloggers

Lindsey Norton (Osbourne) Dancer

The Bandbaz Brothers (Osbourne) Acrobatics

Jake Wesley Rogers (Osbourne) Singer/Pianist

Jarrett & Raja (Mandel) Comedic Illusionists

Sebastian "El Charro de Oro" (Mandel) Singer and Mariachi Band

Cristin Sandu (Mandel) Balancing Act

Andrew De Leon (Mandel) Opera Singer

Rob
08-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Yay no big Barry. I am so ready for this show to move on and be done. Tired of "quarterfinals."

Murdoch
08-17-2012, 12:19 AM
I am SO ready for the quarter finals to be over...

I feel meh about most of the wild card choices (as the semi finals is already so packed with good acts), but I am happy to see: Sebastian "El Charro de Oro" (Mandel) Singer and Mariachi Band and Todd Oliver (Stern) Ventriloquist/Dog Act back.

Horse (Stern) Nutshot Taker - disappointed he is back, but not surprised - right up Stern's alley.

Lindsey Norton (Osbourne) Dancer - she is wonderful. Not sure the semis need another dance act.

Jake Wesley Rogers (Osbourne) Singer/Pianist - not surprised - don't think he will go further.

Jarrett & Raja (Mandel) Comedic Illusionists - really?

Andrew De Leon (Mandel) Opera Singer - he won't be any less green... an interesting choice.

A.H.Black
08-18-2012, 02:39 AM
I think the only one who really has a shot at moving on is the Mariachi Band.

Do we really have to see Horse again?

Mozart
08-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Prince Poppycock is writing all over his FB that there will be a special announcement involving him tonight on AGT...

Mozart
08-22-2012, 03:11 AM
ok they didn't do it tonight :(