PDA

View Full Version : Summer fun: AGT's back! Bring on the weird acts

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Murdoch
07-26-2012, 12:20 AM
I forgot Dittleman! HE IS a vegas show. It would be different EVERY time. LOVE him and he does different things every time. LOVE him.

KikiSashaFan
07-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I wouldn't be disappointed with the mind reader, dogs, solo gymnast, group gymnasts, earth harp guy, sand painting guy, the cloggers or the singing duo going through. Shame they put so many good ones together and so many crappy ones in previous weeks.

Murdoch
07-26-2012, 01:23 AM
A bonus for all the dancers is the two week break for the Olympics. At least then they can get some fresh material and polish it...

I hate how week four is always packed. They do it EVERY season. So annoying.

skatesindreams
07-26-2012, 02:44 PM
So true!
I'm glad that William Close got through.
I was afraid that "America" would choose one of the more "generic" acts

taf2002
07-26-2012, 05:37 PM
The 4 who got thru were my picks so I'm happy with the results. Actually, I didn't care who got thru other than William Close, Dittleman, & Olate Dogs, but the sand painter was my distant 4th. I'm worried for Dittleman though. If you can't make the top 3 out of 12, you may not have much of a chance making the top 10. I was surprised the sand painted beat him on votes.

Aceon6
07-26-2012, 05:47 PM
So mariachi boy is done?

KikiSashaFan
07-26-2012, 06:01 PM
For now. When do they announce the wild cards?

BaileyCatts
07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
^ Next show after break is the You Tube show, so I think they will announce wild cards after that show picks a winner. Sharon already picked the male cloggers to advance to a wild card slot. How many acts get thru to the wild card show anyway? Is it still 12?

taf2002
07-26-2012, 08:39 PM
I am not impressed with the male cloggers. Maybe if they did it in Speedos?

Murdoch
07-26-2012, 08:50 PM
I was surprised the sand painted beat him on votes.

Me too. However, with so much talent last night, I wonder how many people were splitting votes and how that affected the results. I don't think sand man is more impressive. Dittleman blows my mind EVERY time.

How many acts get thru to the wild card show anyway? Is it still 12?

Sure is! Each judge gets to bring four acts back. Sharon has used up one already...

Who they are most likely to pick from (though they can go back past the top 48 if they wish):

Danielle Stallings - Singer
Todd Oliver - Ventriloquist
Wordspit and the Illest! - Hip-hop/rock band
787 Crew - Dance crew
All Beef Patty - Drag queen
American BMX Stunt Team - BMX stunt riders
Aurora Light Painters - Light-Painting Troupe
Ben Blaque - Crossbow performer
Big Barry - Singer
Cristin Sandu - Balancing performer
David "The Bullet" Smith - Human cannonball performer
Distinguished Men of Brass -Marching band
Elusive -B-boy dancer
Eric and Olivia - Singing/music duo
Hawley Magic - Magicians/illusionists
Horse - "King of the Nut Shot"
Inspire the Fire - Music/dance
Jake Wesley Rogers - Singer
Jarrett & Raja - Comedic illusionists
Lil' Starr - Tap dancer
Lindsey Norton - Dancer
LionDanceMe - Lion dance danger act
Lisa Clark Dancers - Dance troupe
Michael Nejad - Household music performer
Nikki Jensen - Singer
Rock Star Juggler Mike Price - Juggler
Sebastien "El Charro de Oro" - Mariachi singer and band
Spencer Horsman - Escape artist
The All Ways - Rock Band
Ulysses - Singer
Unity in Motion - Dancers/contortionists

Lindsey Norton and Sebastien will most likely be back and perhaps Unity in Motion. I think Howard might bring The All Ways back or maybe Wordspit and the Illest. I hope someone brings Distinguished Men of Brass back. Howie usually brings an act back that probably shouldn't - my guess is Big Barry, just to tick Howard off.

Acts that are done... Michael Nejad, Jarrett & Raja, Inspire the Fire, All Beef Patty, American BMX Stunt Team, Aurora Light Painters... I would be shocked if any of them came back.

KikiSashaFan
07-26-2012, 08:50 PM
IIRC, the wild cards can be anyone, right back to people who auditioned and didn't make it to Vegas in the first place. I can't think of that many I'd bring back, but hopefully the contortionist dancers from this week get another shot.

Murdoch
07-26-2012, 08:55 PM
IIRC, the wild cards can be anyone, right back to people who auditioned and didn't make it to Vegas in the first place. I can't think of that many I'd bring back, but hopefully the contortionist dancers from this week get another shot.

It is true, but it is rare. I think there was enough talent in their top 48 that they will stay within it...

The only one I can think they MIGHT bring back outside the top 48 is The HillBenders (Bluegrass band).

BaileyCatts
08-15-2012, 04:57 AM
So am I the only one who made it thru the entire 2 hours of the You Tube round? Good gawd that was awful! I did not go look at any of videos online at all beforehand (stupid slow computer) but THIS was the best of all of them? Seriously?? :eek: Okay, the Bird was cool. I thought the girl singer was very good, and really I didn't think the teenage boy singer was all that bad as the judges did. But the rest? Blah. What a freaking waste of two hours.

I'm still all in for the doggies!!! :dog:

A.H.Black
08-15-2012, 05:12 AM
I watched it too. I liked the bird. I also liked the magician. That's about it. I sort of want to watch the video of the comedian to see if she really was funny there.

Sassafras
08-15-2012, 12:10 PM
I liked the bird in the first act so I thought things were promising. The acts after that really tanked for me so I gave up.