PDA

View Full Version : Summer fun: AGT's back! Bring on the weird acts

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

taf2002
07-18-2012, 06:37 PM
I went online last night but didn't like anyone enough to vote for them. The child dancers are good but they aren't the kind of act I would go to see. The band was pretty good but they aren't my thing either.

I thought the auditorium sized harp was eliminated by the judges. I can't remember if we've seen 24 or 36 of the acts so far. After all 48 we'll see the youtube contestants. I'm looking forward to the top 10 shows. There are too many so-so acts left.

BaileyCatts
07-21-2012, 05:33 PM
There is one more final round of 12 on 7/24. This includes the doggies, sand painter, mega harp guy, the male clogging group, the little boy Mexican singer, the duo group that are guy/girl but not dating friends, that idiot who breaks stuff on his junk :rolleyes: .... can't remember the rest. Then they break for two weeks for Olympics.

The last quarter final has a lot of good groups where as the first 3 had so many lame acts. Why did they put (what seems to be) all the good acts in the final show! Some really good acts will never make it thru. I'm hoping for the doggies, sand painter, and mega harp dude for final spots.

But I will be voting like crazy for the doggies. :dog:

A.H.Black
07-21-2012, 07:11 PM
I love the mariachi singer. I hope he goes through. I like the dogs too, though.

Rob
07-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Kinda seems like they saved too many good ones for the last show.

Aceon6
07-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Kinda seems like they saved too many good ones for the last show.

Agree, there's at least 6 good acts coming up. All are better than many who've gotten through. Am I making stuff up, or does AGT have a call back episode after the last semi where the judges pick 4 more

Sassafras
07-22-2012, 06:51 PM
or does AGT have a call back episode after the last semi where the judges pick 4 more

That rings a bell, but I may be confusing my shows. I hope they do have a call back.

A.H.Black
07-23-2012, 02:28 AM
Yes there is a show where they bring back acts that deserve another chance. They have already referred to it a couple of times in the past 2-3 shows. I hope they bring back acts that actually deserve it.

Also, we haven't seen the Youtube show yet.

Murdoch
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Tonight stands to be an amazing show... alas, I think when it comes down to picking between the four/five people, a judge will use a wildcard immediately, like Sharon did last year with that dance group.

rfisher
07-25-2012, 02:01 AM
The little mariachi singer is the cutest thing ever. What a gorgeous kid. I hope the sand artist gets lots of job opportunities after the exposure of this show. What an amazing artist. This show is all about exposure. The 1M prize money is paid out over 40 years so it is hardly a big wind fall, but the exposure is the real prize. The good thing is most of the 2nd chance acts will come from tonights show.

I have to teach my Poodles to do back flips so we can be on TV.

Garden Kitty
07-25-2012, 03:56 AM
The sand artist reminded me of the Ukraine's Got Talent video from a few years ago. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOMgDbcA84A)

taf2002
07-25-2012, 04:01 AM
I love the mariachi singer. I hope he goes through. I like the dogs too, though.

He's a cutie & I liked him before but tonight I thought he sucked. His voice was so shaky.

Tonight I liked the magician, the harp guy, the dog act, & the sand painter. The girl dancer/contortionist is good but she couldn't sustain a show.

A.H.Black
07-25-2012, 04:07 AM
He's a cutie & I liked him before but tonight I thought he sucked. His voice was so shaky.

Tonight I liked the magician, the harp guy, the dog act, & the sand painter. The girl dancer/contortionist is good but she couldn't sustain a show.
I agree in principle. I thought this was the weakest performance for the mariachi singer. His voice did have a lot of vibrato and he wasn't on key.

I liked the mind reader, the sand painter, and the dog act. I'm not a big fan of the harp guy. My fourth pick could be between about 4 acts.

dbell1
07-25-2012, 04:34 AM
I liked the cloggers. Also liked dance Cirque girl, she was original. Dogs rocked.

Loved sand art man and instrument maker guy. The rest, including little Mariachi can go home. :shuffle: Maybe we can shoot nut guy out of the cannon?

Murdoch
07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
The sand artist reminded me of the Ukraine's Got Talent video from a few years ago. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOMgDbcA84A)

I keep saying that! The judges keep harping on about how he is a "true original," and yet a sand artist has WON within the freaking franchise! It bugs me.

Last night was pretty awesome.
Canon guy - I get it's tough, but not one judge commented on the cheesy cheerleaders and football posing?!

All That (cloggers) - they are talented and I think on any other night, they would have had a chance. But tonight will be tough to make it through. Sharon really is suggesting dancing Chipendales.

Ulysses - I was making dinner... sounds like I didn't miss much.

Joe Castillo - He just isn't original and I think the judges make me not like him. Yes he is talented. No, I don't believe the story that he saw sand on the floor of the hardware store and came up with the idea. And I hate the judges pimp him as an original.

Sebastien - so cute and actually talented. Will his voice change with puberty? Probably. This kid will be crushed whenever they leave the competition. I hate watching kids get crushed.

William Close - just take him to Vegas and give him his own show. It is freaking amazing. Some of the music reminds me of Yanni, but the presentation IS original and professional.

Unity In Motion - These girls are outstanding. How quickly can they put new material together though? That is something that has hurt dance GROUPS in the past is the turnaround time.

Eric and Olivia - Love her voice, hated that they added so much instrumentation last night. Think they should be in the Semi's over that father and daughter, but they will probably get axed because it was a tough night.

Lindsey Norton - HOLY CRAP - BENDY! She could go work for cirque - or hook up with Unity in Motion and make it further. Then again Turf made it, so maybe solo dancers have a shot this year.

Horse though... he definitely did not take as many hits as he normally did. I find his act strange and in some instances disturbing, but last night, I disagree with Howard, it was a flop. The story didn't work. Some of the hits didn't work.

Olate Dogs - Egad these animals are cute! I also found it interesting how the son made it clear that the dogs were not ALL Rescue Dogs... makes me think they don't want to get caught in a controversy. Talented animals. Passionate trainers.

Wicked night... not sure what will happen tonight!

BaileyCatts
07-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I know there has to be some trick involved, but how the hell does that guy (Eric Dittleman) do those read your mind tricks!! What's funny is, when he told Howie to pick a case, I screamed 11 before Howie did! Then when he asked if he wanted to switch the case I screamed 4 before Howie did! :lol:

But seriously, how does that guy do that? In the Vegas round, when he had Sharon pick the name of her first love (or whatever) and she said "Robin", he had it on the card, then she said she had just made that up. So how does he do it?!

Oh ... and the doggies for the win. :P :dog: