PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14 Week 9 Semifinals or "Heartbreak Week"

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Twizzler
05-15-2012, 03:29 AM
If Katherine doesn't make the finals, I'm going to be pissed! If I'm recalling correctly, she's the only one of the four who's not scored a perfect 10 (is that right?) if so, that's just frong!

Well, you know William will be in the Finals- they didn't do the Nighline features and People magazine cover for nothing. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm in the "anyone but William" camp. He's not that good of a dancer.

danceronice
05-15-2012, 05:17 AM
Well, you know William will be in the Finals- they didn't do the Nighline features and People magazine cover for nothing. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm in the "anyone but William" camp. He's not that good of a dancer.

His samba was awful. (Of course he gets tens.) Maria's Bollywood number had more actual samba steps. He never used his knees (critical in that particular dance) and there wasn't any REAL hip action, just butt shaking.

And then his clompy tango outscored Katherine's very nice quickstep. Though I'm not sure what to do with her "salsa", but then again none of the pros ever seem to know what to do with salsa.

kwanfan1818
05-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Katherine seemed to be grabbing her back still at the very end of the show :(

mrr50
05-15-2012, 12:14 PM
Ooooh. Aaron Rodgers sighting!

Not just Aaron, but also Clay Matthews and Coach McCarthy.

Jenya
05-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Wasn't she one of the cohosts for Eurovision one year when it was in Greece?

Yes, in 2006. :)

skatesindreams
05-15-2012, 02:40 PM

His story is impressive.
However, they use it more than they should, because a) they don't have anything else and b) they want they Latino viewers/voters.
He isn't a really good dancer; but, Cheryl has presented him well.

It will be a shame if Katherine doesn't make the finals.
She has had some of the most difficult choreography, done very well.
Her work ethic and enjoyment of the experience has been a pleasure to watch.

pixie cut
05-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I am certainly sorry that Katherine was so upset and experiencing pain, but I thought the whole dance was awful. The costume and wig were dreadful and she seemed completely uncomfortable with the choreography. She appeared to have some sort of back spasm at the end. Perhaps she was tensing up throughout. I liked the quickstep, but didn't love it.

nubka
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
I am certainly sorry that Katherine was so upset and experiencing pain, but I thought the whole dance was awful. The costume and wig were dreadful and she seemed completely uncomfortable with the choreography. She appeared to have some sort of back spasm at the end. Perhaps she was tensing up throughout. I liked the quickstep, but didn't love it.

I agree about her hair. I kept staring at it during the dance, and not in a flattering way... :eek:

skatesindreams
05-15-2012, 03:38 PM
She's not responsible for her hairstyle or costume.

pixie cut
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
She's not responsible for her hairstyle or costume.

Mark is and she does get a say. This isn't So You Think You Can Dance where the dancers do as they're told. On DWTS, the celebrities have definite veto power over costumes.

Twizzler
05-15-2012, 04:45 PM
His story is impressive.
However, they use it more than they should, because a) they don't have anything else and b) they want they Latino viewers/voters.
He isn't a really good dancer; but, Cheryl has presented him well.

Meh. Yes, he's overcome a lot and become successful, but that success can mostly be attributed to being blessed with good genes (in some people's opinions) and looking good in a bathing suit. I think Donald Driver's story is waaaayy more impressive. Unbelievable what he has become with tons of hard work, dedication, and the love of a good woman. The drive it must have taken to turn his life around is amazing.

skatesindreams
05-15-2012, 05:00 PM
However, the audience outside the US, doesn't know who Donald Driver is.
William Levy's appearance on DWTS has brought the show worldwide attention from the Latino audience that it has never had before.

soxxy
05-15-2012, 06:37 PM
The latest: All star-edition set for the fall.

The upcoming cycle of Dancing With The Stars will be an all-star edition, ABC president Paul Lee announced during the network’s press call this morning. “We’re bringing fan favorites from the past 14 seasons,” Lee said.

The mind reels! :)

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/abc-to-do-all-star-dancing-with-the-stars/

ETA: Oh, Kristi! (I hope.) Oh, Evan! (I guess this one is tricky. :slinkaway)

Rob
05-15-2012, 06:50 PM
The big Q is whether the people get paired with their old partners. The new pros are limited if that is the case.

BaileyCatts
05-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Once Tom said there would be exciting news about the upcoming season last night, I just knew it would be an All-Stars version! :lol: I can't remember enough seasons to know who I could want back, but I wouldn't mind: Helio, Kyle, Kristi Y., Kirsti A., Drew, Sherri. But yea, if they get two people who had the same partner, or the pro is no longer doing the show, that would mess up the chemistry I remember. Although I bet its going to be hard to get back a lot of the bigger names due to the time commitment.

Good lord don't bring back Kate!! :eek: