PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14 Week 9 Semifinals or "Heartbreak Week"

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Garden Kitty
05-15-2012, 02:10 AM
Not my favorite dance for Katherine, but it was sweet how uncomfortable she was when they were all paying attention to her and she just wanted them to go on and ignore her. And love how genuinely concerned Tom was.

soxxy
05-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Donald's scores:

10 9 10

my little pony
05-15-2012, 02:25 AM
didnt we already see maria's fluff piece? or something really really similar?

nubka
05-15-2012, 02:25 AM
Maria and Derek were very enjoyable, but it didn't really seem that Maria's technical content was very demanding during that number.

It's just that she makes it all look easy! :D

my little pony
05-15-2012, 02:29 AM
that jive reminded me of the corny collins show

soxxy
Maria's Jive did not feature the usual difficult flicks and kicks. I don't know if it matters on a night like this.

Scores:

10 9 10

Desperado
Too much showing off by Derek, bet he won't get taken to task for it though.

Fridge_Break
05-15-2012, 02:31 AM
Wonderful showboating by Derek. Maria looked nice standing there.

Garden Kitty
05-15-2012, 02:31 AM
Maria is much more likeable to me than Nicole or some of Derek's others partners. She seems relatively drama free which is a nice change. But there was a lot of non-dancing in that number.

Twizzler
05-15-2012, 02:54 AM
Maria is much more likeable to me than Nicole or some of Derek's others partners. She seems relatively drama free which is a nice change. But there was a lot of non-dancing in that number.

So like able that I wish they would fire Brooke Burke and replace her with Maria. She seems sooooo much more approachable and personable than Brooke.

PRlady
05-15-2012, 02:59 AM
So like able that I wish they would fire Brooke Burke and replace her with Maria. She seems sooooo much more approachable and personable than Brooke.

Maria is quite good as a TV personality and can keep/get better gigs than reminding people to vote on DWTS. :P

I thought Katherine's quickstep was the dance of the night and she HAS to be in the finals. Among the other three I'm agnostic, they're all pretty good but I like Maria better than either of the guys. Donald is probably a better dancer than William, I guess.

AYS
05-15-2012, 03:03 AM
If Katherine doesn't make the finals, I'm going to be pissed! If I'm recalling correctly, she's the only one of the four who's not scored a perfect 10 (is that right?) if so, that's just frong!

Garden Kitty
05-15-2012, 03:07 AM
Maria is quite good as a TV personality and can keep/get better gigs than reminding people to vote on DWTS. :P

Wasn't she one of the cohosts for Eurovision one year when it was in Greece?

AYS, I think you are correct re the scoring.

screech
05-15-2012, 03:09 AM
If Katherine doesn't make the finals, I'm going to be pissed! If I'm recalling correctly, she's the only one of the four who's not scored a perfect 10 (is that right?) if so, that's just frong!

Neither William nor Katherine have gotten 10s from Len, but they've gotten them from Bruno and Carrie Ann.

I enjoyed Donald's samba the most of any dance tonight, but I think the song had something to do with it (though I always pictured someone doing that song while partnered with Maks - Mr. Big Stuff). His waltz was just kind of forgettable.

William's Tango I found quite heavy footed. And his samba had a lot of standing there, and then I thought it looked like he had to wait a few times for Cheryl to catch up before he did his booty shakes.

Maria had one quite ugly lift in her Argentine Tango, and IMO her legs weren't quite extended. I enjoyed her jive as a dance, but agree it wasn't overly jive-y.

I didn't mind Katherine's quickstep - I thought her mugging looked really forced at times. As for her other dance - Mark learned from Derek when doing something a bit different, make sure you do the actual style! My dad asked 'didn't they do something like this last week?' And poor Katherine - when they were doing the final telling of the top and bottom, you could see her back was twisted - one shoulder was way way lower than the other. Hope she's okay!

AYS
05-15-2012, 03:18 AM
William Levey got all 10s on a foxtrot this season.