PDA

View Full Version : Food Next Star - 15 contestants, 3 teams, and probably a diva or two!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

ilovepaydays
05-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Food Network Star - official site (http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-next-food-network-star/index.html)

Season Eight premiers tonight!

So...it is Team Alton vs. Team Giada vs. Team Bobby? Competition is going to be like The Biggest Loser now? Not sure how I feel about this...or whose team I would want to be on.

skipaway
05-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Put me on Team Bobby! the other's "meh"

skatesindreams
05-13-2012, 06:43 PM
I watched the "Introduction" show last night.
The mentor/teams seem to each be searching for different types.

This could be interesting.

Bobby says that he can teach a "savvy" person to cook.
Alton has no patience with anyone without skills; and the ability to communicate them.
Giada wants someone who "reaches" the viewer.

Aceon6
05-13-2012, 08:09 PM
I have a feeling Giada's team is going to get killed in the early challenges.

caseyedwards
05-13-2012, 09:17 PM
The new format seems kind of like The Voice to me-superficially. I'll see how it works when attached to Food Network Star.

danceronice
05-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Well, Bobby has experience with split teams (that's how they do "Worst Cook In America"-Team Bobby vs. Team Anne.)

Matryeshka
05-14-2012, 01:45 AM
Team Bobblehead, Team Know-It-All, and Team My-God-I-used-to-be-a-respected-chef-and-Anthony-Bourdain-is-so-totally-going-to-write-a-Scathing-Blog-about-me.

I'm on Team MgIutbarcaabistgtwaSBam

danceronice
05-14-2012, 04:59 AM
...Bobby Flay was respected? I never met anyone who actually cooks for a living who thinks he's anything but an egocentric a-hole with an overblown estimation of his own abilities. Though he DOES seem to have mellowed a lot being on TV, oddly enough.

jeffisjeff
05-14-2012, 05:23 AM
Alton's eliminated team member (can't recall her name) was so terrible it was :rofl:. And the only explanation for Josh is that Giada wants some :grope: .

On another note, were a couple of those folks from Chopped?

KHenry14
05-14-2012, 08:13 AM
On another note, were a couple of those folks from Chopped?

I think the spikey haired woman Michele who made the mussels did Chopped

About half of the chef's have NO chance

skatesindreams
05-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Contrary to what some believe, you have to be able to make tasty food.
It was amazing that some dishes presented didn't even seem to reach the level of good "home cooking".

mikey
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
The new format is just awkward.

Matryeshka
05-14-2012, 04:28 PM
...Bobby Flay was respected? I never met anyone who actually cooks for a living who thinks he's anything but an egocentric a-hole with an overblown estimation of his own abilities. Though he DOES seem to have mellowed a lot being on TV, oddly enough.

My sister is a professional chef, and she and her colleagues have a lot of respect for him. They may not like him, but that's a different animal. The only chef I've heard speak negatively about Flay is Bourdain, and I think a lot of that is pure jealousy. I've eaten in his restaurants in New York and Vegas and they were :swoon:

skatesindreams
05-14-2012, 04:35 PM
I suspect Bourdain is jealous/envious of many successful chefs.

Jenny
05-14-2012, 05:19 PM

I guess you've met many people who cook for a living and discussed this?

Because the evidence would suggest that many other people have the opposite view - he has a bunch of successful restaurants, has had a series of his own shows going back to 1996 and guested on many others, and he has a bookshelf full of best sellers.