View Full Version : Confess your sins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

eurodance2001
05-13-2012, 05:11 AM
I'm obsessed with Brian Jouberts abs

dots
05-13-2012, 05:54 AM
My skating related sins will never be known :drama:

-Who are these people lusting over N. Morozov? C'mon people! Surely we're not this desperate!

-I attended a skating event half drunk, though to my credit the skating was just tragic!!! :scream:

-There's something about Patrick Chan that pings to me.

- Nancy should have won the 94 Olympics, though I love you Oksana.

-I feel like Johnny wasted his talent away.

-I'm gutted with Tanith/Ben not winning 09' worlds. F-You judges!

-The worse case of politics I have ever witness was B/S winning the Olympic silver medal at Nagano. :eek: Their Free Skate was a MONUMENTAL meltdown of E-P-I-C proportions. That pretty much ruined that couple for me.

-Kyoko Ina got screwed at both Olympics in 98' & 02'. Worse! T/M finishing in front of I/Z was like the rotten cherry on top. I was never able to enjoy that couple ever gain. :blah:

-I worry for Maksim Trankov.

-I'll always remember the German pair Peggy Schwarz/Mirko Muller. Their camel spins are to this day unmatched by any couple. I will always be bitter bitter BITTER that they got shafted at Skate America in favor of B/S one year.

-Mirko Muller was the hottest pairs skater I have ever seen. Yum! though I can't seem to find a recent photo of him. :(

-Jason Dungjen has a very calming effect when he speaks. My impression of him is that he's a very genuine person.

-I want Massimo Scali to return to skating. :(

-I love Chock and Bates. The haterz are crazy!

-Plushenko is done.

-I can't wait for Jeremy to present his new programs(I'm sure they'll be fantastic!) though I don't think he'll make it out of nationals.

-D/W should have won worlds this year!

mtnskater
05-13-2012, 06:08 AM
They haven't. At least not officially.

(((((mtnskater)))))

Just what I was afraid of :yikes: Thanks for the sympathy Vagabond. Your post made me :lol:

This thread is really fun. I love reading everyone's comments. :2faced:

pinky166
05-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm obsessed with Brian Jouberts abs

What about his butt??? :P :lol: :swoon:

misskarne
05-13-2012, 12:35 PM
I am jealous of whatever system the Russian federation has to nurture all the young talent they have coming up.

It's called a system of "you have talent. Let's train you" as opposed to the Western system of "my mummy and daddy have a bigger chequebook so I get the training even though you're a better skater".

- I am halfway through Johnny's book and am trying my damndest not to tear it apart and burn it. I cannot believe how much I can't stand him right now. Overgrown spoiled little BRAT!

- Jason Brown: would totally hit it. Skating: check, cool style: check, funny: check, glasses: check...

- I don't work on my edges enough at training because I hate them. It drives my coach NUTS.

Proustable
05-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Jason Brown looks so much like Kimmie Meissner to me it causes cognitive dissonance.

A corollary to that: I loathe the overhyping of juniors as it pretty much causes me to turn against them.

If the first ice dance program I'd seen was I/K's Schindlers List, I'd hate dance so much I'd never have watched it again I loathe it so much.

Johnny_Fever
05-13-2012, 06:51 PM
For all I know, Carolina Kostner is a good skater. I don't care. I just dig the catsuit.

Johnny_Fever
05-13-2012, 06:56 PM
I HATE male skaters wearing gloves. The ISU should ban them from men's costumes.Agree.

I am super bummed that skating is not really popular in the US anymore.Was it ever?

John Curry is still the finest classical artist to ever grace the sport IMHO.Agree. Plus, he never wore gloves.

mtnskater
05-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Yes Johnny Fever, John Curry didn't need to stoop to costume gimmickry!

quartz
05-14-2012, 05:08 AM
I think Joubert is average looking, and Meryl is kinda wierd looking.
I think Leonova is awesome; she skates with enthusiasm, passion and joy, and is not a boring pretty little ice princess. I hope next season she does her own version of a prostitute on crack.
I love Tessa and Scott but find their programs really boring.
I love Kaitlyn Weaver's red dress, and hanging shoulder strap.

Shyjosie
05-14-2012, 08:50 AM
If I really like a skater/a couple, I easily become an "uber".

I didn't understand and didn't like the whole going back to amateur skating by skaters who already had become pros then in 1994.

I never joined in the hype for Plushy. Admire his skating, though.

analia
05-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Am a big Oda fan.
Am not and will never be a Kozuka fan.
Dislike Hanyu's skating.
Think Jeremy Abbott is melodramatic instead of artistic.
Florent Amodio fan and love his LP this year.
Gachinsky=hot. Fernandez=not so much.
Would date N. Morozov.
Thus does not have a problem with Ilinykh and Morozov dating if they are.
Think Elena Ilinykh is the hottest skater currently competing and deserves bonus points for just being hot.
Find Carolina Kostner boring.
Much prefer dance now than dance before COP.
And the biggest one: still think Mao Asada should have won Vancouver.

eleonorad
05-14-2012, 03:24 PM
my sins, let's see..I always liked Carolina, which actually was a sin in this board until some time ago :D
and I never liked Kim Yu-Na, for as much as I tried

VarBar
05-14-2012, 04:40 PM
I hope Lysacek is serious about returning to competition.
Don't understand the Buttle gushing.
Never had a problem with Zoueva/Shpillband's choreographies.
Never cared much for Browning in his competitive days but fell hopelessly in love with his skating as a pro.:cool:
I think Patrick Chan is a brilliant skater.
Love both Yuna and Mao.
I have a soft spot for Rachael Flatt.
I have a soft spot for John Coughlin.:lol:
I am still in denial about Michelle failing to win gold in Salt Lake City.
I prefer Hanyu's skating to Takahashi's skating.
I prefer Gachinski to Plushenko.
I think Amodio is a talented skater but his current style drives me crazy.
I wish Shen/Zhao had won the Olympic gold in 2006 and Savchenko/Szolkowy had won in Vancouver.

ItalianFan
05-14-2012, 05:31 PM
I love Plushy unashamedly and hope he skates for the next 40 years... but if he doesn't I'll settle for Dai ......obviously, my opinion of Chan is.....

I hate ladies singles and esp girls with short legs who wear those horrid skin colored tights pulled down over their boots, thinking it makes them as tall as Kostner..

Kurt Browning's tearful apology to Canada after losing the olys made me choke up and admire him for really being just a "good guy"

T&D's version of the Rhumba in '94 Olys was the greatest ice dance of all time.

Queen Tuk's polka dot shorts outfit at the recent Rimini Champions on Ice show is the world's ugliest skating costume....