PDA

View Full Version : Confess your sins

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

IneZR
05-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I like Plushy and really enjoyed his skating at this year's Euros.

I find Patrick Chan very annoying.

I think that Kavaguti/Smirnov make a very odd pairing and look very mismatched together. Every time I watch their 'Claire de Lune' program I can't help but imagine Elena/Anton skating to this. Now that would be awesome!

I think that Morozov is a good coach and knows how to bring out the best in his students.

During Michelle Kwan/Irina Slutskaya rivarly I always rooted for Irina.

I thought that Elena Sokolova should have won the bronze instead of Sasha at '06 Worlds in Calgary.

I tend to like programs that most of the figure skating fans hate: I loved Navka's 'Pink Panther', Dom/Shab's 'Spartacus', Amodio's last year's LP and Slutskaya's 2005 LP.

I still think that 'Samson and Delilah' is the best FD D/W ever had and 'Fledermaus' is just blah.

tut88
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Gordeeva and Grinkov don't move me. I thought they looked like a brother/sister pair, especially at the '88 Olympics.

well they were two kids back there

tut88
05-11-2012, 12:36 PM
I loved Winkler-Lohse , the clocks FP, and ALL their OD !
Even Rene's arms doing the same movements in all programs
:D

zotza
05-11-2012, 01:04 PM
I haven't yet watched the ladies FD from the Olympics..

I wanted to like Volosozhar/Trankov more than Aljona/Robin but I still like them more.

I like Bobrova/Soloviev even with their costumes and I will be laughing a lot when people will get converted.

I'm a huge fan of V/M yet sometimes I can't stand them when I read all the mussy descriptions some fans come up with.They completely destroy them for me.And no I don't find their chemistry to be romantic.I find all current ice dancers to have the same amount of chemistry between the twizzles and spins

I never thought T/D should have won in 1994.I thought they were old people dressed like teenagers.Now that I'm as old as they were,I think they were extremely young and fresh looking!

I loved N/K Pink Panther/Austin Powers FD!!!

I never loved Anissina/Peizerat and I feel so bad saying this..Sorry...

And I'm a Plushenko fan...a real sinner...

paskatefan
05-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I never had a problem with:

Mao's "Bells of Moscow" program

Tanith and Ben's "That's Entertainment" program

Same here!

I have always liked Elvis (not crazy about some of his recent comments), but I do feel he should have won Olympic gold in 1994 (nothing personal against Alexei Urmanov). Justice was done @ 1994 Worlds, though.

I thought Rachel Flatt was undermarked at US Nationals this season. I know she had problems in her sp, but she was on fire in her free skate.

Can't stand all the emphasis on the quad! It's one jump. What about the rest of the program?

Hate the butt spin - so overused and ugly to watch

Meryl & Charlie should have been on the World podium in 2009. As wonderful as they were with Samson & Delilah @ US Nationals that year, they were even better @ Worlds. I do love their "Die Fledermaus" free dance, too.

I don't care for Mishin as a coach. He has always struck me as dismissive of North American men's skaters (and possibly other skaters not under his tutelage).

cailuj365
05-11-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't care for voidy. Simpler choreography performed cleanly and neat is far more compelling to me.

I prefer V/T over S/S, but I want S/S to win gold and V/T to get silver at Sochi. :shuffle: Also, Trankov completely overshares on twitter.

I vastly prefer V/M over D/W, but I would be okay with V/W retiring in London 2013 Worlds so that D/W could win gold in Sochi unequivocally.

Krylova and Carmerlengo's "magic" is overrated.

Dance only became relevant to me in 2008.

Lynne in Minn.
05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
I liked Brian Orser's skating better than Brian Boitano's.

winterone
05-11-2012, 02:49 PM
I was glad to see R Flatt do a SPLATT at nationals.

pinky166
05-11-2012, 03:05 PM
I prefer Miki Ando to Mao Asada

I secretly enjoy Michal Brezina's odd costumes (American in Paris, Untouchables), as well as these programs, even though they are both pretty crappy and well below his potential.

I don't understand how P/B are world medalists. W/P are so much better.

I still like Risa Shoji better than Haruka Imai and think she's the better skater.

I appreciate Caydee Denney's OTT makeup, tan, bleached hair, and strange hairdos on some level.

I think Adam Rippon's beautiful curly hair is the primary reason he's made 2 world teams.

I like Evan Lysacek's skating.

ratatouille
05-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Morozov's an excellent coach.

While watching Joubert skating, I can't keep my eyes from his nice butt!

I wish we could zip Chan's mouth. He's overrated. I think he peaked this season.

Yuna was very talented but just overrated. Her facial expressions were simply exagerated.

Arakawa can still win medals. She still jumps triples and 2-3.

I wish Johnny Weir wasn't gay. Love him!

Speedy is an as....le. Should retire.

Elizaveta's SP was gorgeous !

oleada
05-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Morozov's an asshole, but he's very good at making his skaters feel confident, and improving basics.

Nothing will convince him that Chan is better than Daisuke. And yes, I've seen them both live.

I, too, like N/K's pink panther.

I don't think Yu-Na Kim is the be all and end of all of ladies' skating and I find that, overall, she made very little impact on the sport.

I think Mao is more artistic than Yu-Na. Her Wizard of Oz program made me cry. :shuffle:

I think the top ice dancing teams are a complete bore. Take off the music and anything D/W and V/M do looks exactly the same. Generic to the extreme.

UGG
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
I have never liked Jeremey Abbot since he won his first nationals and was making those weird faces in the K&C.

I never got the Yuna hype at all although she did deserve her OGM. I don't think she will become a skating icon anywhere other than Korea.

Rachel Flatt's LP at nationals this year almost made me tear up. She looked so excited to be on the ice and it was nice to see.

When Sarah placed 6th at 2003 worlds, I was REALLY happy.

I wish Kimmie did not injure herself, and we could have seen her grow as a skater.

Pairs skating usually puts me to sleep!

RobinA
05-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I hate CoP with a purple passion

I hate quads

I thought Oksana deserved to win over Nancy

I think Johnny Weir utterly wasted his talent

I absolutely do not get Kavaguti/Smirnov - mismatched, don't like her long dresses

Post S/Z, Chinese pairs are never going to get to the top until they stop starving the woman of the pair

Michelle wuz robbed

I never thought Artur Dmitriev was even close to being a good skater

If I see one more eastern European woman skater with champagne colored hair I'm going to swallow glass

snoopysnake
05-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I never liked Kurt Browning until he turned pro, now I love him and I use to love Elvis until he retired and became an annoying jerk.

Me too.

- I too love "Bells of Moscow." Ditto for "Malaguena."
- Vocal music should never be allowed in competition programs. Besides that, GFB's should never be allowed in exhibition programs!
- I hope the US Men's 2014 Olympic team will be Evan Lysacek, Johnny Weir, and either Adam Rippon or a skater to be named later.
- I still fanatsize about skating with Brian Boitano.
- I have skated with Snoopy.
- I think Alissa Czisny will win international gold at least once before she retires from competition.
- I still laugh remembering Karel Zalenka's five golden *e*ises costume.
- I have always liked Rena Inoue and John Baldwin and never understood the haterzz.
- I prefer Rachael Flatt's hair long and in a nice updo.

cailuj365
05-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Artistically, I don't find Yu-Na Kim to be that great either. Though I'm from a Korean family, she's hardly my favorite female figure skater.