PDA

View Full Version : Confess your sins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

kukkura
05-18-2012, 04:50 PM
So much has already been said, so I'll concentrate on things that are sins for a Finn. I have huge respect for all our medalists, but the following needs to be told.

As soon as they became medal contenders, Rahkamo/Kokko started making some embarrassing programs. Especially Valse Triste and that Euro gold Beatles thing.

I don't consider Susanna Pöykiö a top level athlete because of her poor stamina.

Laura Lepistö got a big "only European girl left after Kostner bombed" bonus in Vancouver.

There's something mysteriously wrong with the Korpi camp. I still can't believe that Zayak rule mishap.

rhumba
05-18-2012, 10:09 PM
My eyes hurt whenever I saw Sarah Huges photos, I wish somebody told her the truth, she then might stop sending her own photos to icenetwork.

skatingfan12
05-19-2012, 03:50 AM
- As much as I love their skating, I'm convinced Meryl and Charlie are strictly a business partnership. While they get along fine, they aren't really friends, no matter how much they say otherwise.

- Tessa and Scott have excellent skating qualities, but their programs (Funny Face, Mahler) bore the crap out of me

- Thinking about the 2002 Olympics and Michelle Kwan still makes me really upset and angry, even 10 years later

dinakt
05-19-2012, 04:07 AM
I dislike the type of person Tessa projects on ice, thus I can never enjoy V/M, though I appreciate Scott's abilities.
Too often sexy ( Yu-Na) or bendy ( Caroline Zhang in her younger days) is called artistic, when it is just sexy or bendy.
Jeremy Abbott is the first, and quite possibly last, skater to whom I write messages on his official Facebook page. I think he is crazy talented and am afraid that his body will be getting tired just as his creativity blossoms.
I am very excited about the 14-17 year-olds in singles these days. That field is rich! And I reserve the right to uber both Brown and Farris.
I prefer Nikita Katsalapov's skating to Elena's.
... and so would not think I am a women- hater- I have a big crush on Carolina and on her body in that cat suit, and I loved Butyrskaya, the type of adult feminine fragility she projected. I cry every time I watch WC/99.
Igor Bobrin was my first "skater crush"- I still rewatch him from time to time, especially his EX programs.
I am relieved that with Weaver/Poje and Duhamel/ Radford I have Canadian skaters I can root for, as i was starting to feel uncomfortable not liking anybody from there since Buttle retired. One has to spread love around :)

Loves_Shizuka
05-19-2012, 07:36 AM
"Ubers" and "haters" are as bad as each other. (As an example) those who seem to think Patrick Chan is some kind of god-sent skating gift piss the hell out of me. As do those who seem to think he drugs the judges and buys all his marks/wins. Or whatever it is they bitch about.

Ugh.

spikydurian
05-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I don't always wash my hands after using the restroom.
This is truly SINFUL and DISGUSTING. :rofl:

Johnny_Fever
05-19-2012, 12:29 PM
The other day they were giving away free cookie samples at Walmart and I took two!

eurodance2001
05-19-2012, 03:37 PM
The other day they were giving away free cookie samples at Walmart and I took two!

Two with dirty unwashed hands!! Are you sure those were chocolate chips?? Lmao!

lowtherlore
05-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Two with dirty unwashed hands!! Are you sure those were chocolate chips?? Lmao!

:lol:

When you see a man suspiciously looking around for nothing, it often means he's gearing himself up to crack a big and mean fart.

I'm not talking about me!

Johnny_Fever
05-19-2012, 06:02 PM
I find its best to skate away from farts, and then observe the reaction as others skate through them.

SidelineSkater
05-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Oh... I have a few more...

I think Smirnov looks as if he reeks of alcohol...vodka perhaps?

I hate the shoulder clasp on the illusion mess strapless look. See Mirai's LP dress this past year. It looks weird and annoys me.

Carolina needs just another inch of material on all her dresses. We get it, you have long legs, and they are gorgeous. One more inch won't cover them up that much.

I have a crush on most all the Canadian male pairs skaters. Davison (miss him), Radford, Swiegers...and even Dylan.

I like Elene Gedeshanishvili more for her name than her skating...although I do like her as a performer.

Scott Moir may be a nice guy, but comes across as a total d-bag. Although I try to appreciate his work on this ice, something about both halves of Voir ruins it for me.

I want to see Alyssa and Mirai comeback strong these next to years, for themselves and to give everyone else panic attacks. I find myself holding my breath when Alyssa skates.

I was a huge Evan fan until he won OGM.

I'm obsessed with what I call 'just one jump'. Even though Mirai fell apart in the LP at 2010 Worlds...had she not fallen on that double axel and still had all the other deductions in a sloppy skate...she would have been on the podium and with Flatt's 9th place finish, they would have earned 3 spots. Then a 3rd place US Nationals Mirai would have gone to Worlds 2011. If Alyssa had not fallen on the 3Lutz in the long program at 2011 Words, she would have been on the podium...and Mirai would have probably placed top 10, to get three spots for 2012 Worlds. One more...just one jump. Had Plushy tacked on a double loop or toe as planned at the end of this quad/triple, he would have won gold again.

Libertango
05-19-2012, 09:09 PM
I miss Oleg Vasiliev's "lyrical snot" programs. There! I said it !!! :scream:

AndyWarhol
05-20-2012, 06:37 AM
I like plushenko

os168
05-20-2012, 11:13 PM
I like plushenko

If that is a sin, you are in the wrong church! ;)

dots
05-21-2012, 12:02 AM
-It's easy to spot who the skater-posters are, however I can do without their families/friends/lovers etc. showing up in here trying to police the boards.

- Now don't get upset people, but from my experience a lot of skaters look down on FSU. :(

- Ok, I can understand the flatulence, but not washing your hands?

- The love for Nora Hoffman puzzles me..

- I'm looking forward to the awkwardness from Scott Hamilton as he announces Johnny as "Weir-Voronov." Better yet! Will he have the class to congratulate Johnny and husband during the telecast?

Must see tv :watch:

-Ever since I started reading a err...gay-friendly board, I can't look at Charlie White the same way. :o Everytime I see him on tv all I see is him running scared while Scott Moir locks the door behind them. Scott has a dildo in hand and is about to teach Charlie a lesson.

I have sunk to a new low I know. :slinkaway

- COP is better than 6.0 system.

-I'm looking forward to hip-hop short dances!!