PDA

View Full Version : Best 3lutz by a lady

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

delayedaxel
05-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I go with Harding for ice coverage.

leesaleesa
05-23-2012, 12:54 AM
I always knew Kerrigan was a good jumper, but that Lutz in her '92 Albertville SP was absolutely textbook perfect.

I would go with Harding, though. The Lutz is at 1:18 and is more like a 747 taking off and landing than a mere figure skating jump. What amazing power and control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ9jDIt7_mA

Interesting how both Harding and Kerrigan had such amazing Lutzes, and the generation after them were mostly flutzers and flatzers.

smarts1
05-23-2012, 01:15 AM
I think the reason why Yuna won this poll is because some of the people on this forum became fans of the sport circa 2008-2009 when Yuna was getting very famous, and hence, a lot of them simply haven't watched skaters from previous Olympic cycles. There is absolutely no way Yuna's lutz beats Tonya's. If anyone can give me even one or two reasons why Yuna's lutz is better than Tonya's, I'm wide open to listen to these reasons.

Marco
05-23-2012, 03:11 AM
If anyone can give me even one or two reasons why Yuna's lutz is better than Tonya's, I'm wide open to listen to these reasons.

There is no comparison size wise, although Yuna's were pretty big too. But one thing Yuna did better on that jump was the ability to display masterful control on the jump with more complex set up (2007 worlds short program) and landing (the one I mentioned up-thread).

smarts1
05-23-2012, 03:24 AM
^ I mean Yuna's lutz is definitely great and she definitely has great control, but I can't really agree about the landing. Yuna does have soft landings, but her lutzes don't have as much flow coming out of them as Tonya's do.

judgejudy27
05-24-2012, 07:04 AM
I think the reason why Yuna won this poll is because some of the people on this forum became fans of the sport circa 2008-2009 when Yuna was getting very famous, and hence, a lot of them simply haven't watched skaters from previous Olympic cycles. There is absolutely no way Yuna's lutz beats Tonya's. If anyone can give me even one or two reasons why Yuna's lutz is better than Tonya's, I'm wide open to listen to these reasons.

One thing could be since she does so many triple lutz-triple toes. Tonya could have I am sure but never did a triple lutz-triple combo of any kind I am aware of. I still voted for Tonya mind you.

carriemarie
05-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I would go with Nicole Bobek, LOL! Honestly I would say Volchkova or Gracie

Blair
05-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Anyone mention Krisztina Czako's lutz yet?

Although not consistent, it was a gorgeous jump when she was on. Great delay. Dick Button agrees.

http://youtu.be/8r1tOf8uW1A?t=49s

Aussie Willy
05-26-2012, 11:27 AM
^^ I love that SP of hers. Love the way she used the music and it just holds your interest from start to finish. And the lutz is very good.