PDA

View Full Version : Best 3lutz by a lady

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Jaana
05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Viktoria Volchova and Maria Butirskaya. My guess is that they both learned the lutz from V. Kudriatshev.

apatinar
05-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Midori Ito - best ever - hands down.

Ozzisk8tr
05-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I really hated Maria B's landings and as the landing is part of a jump I disagree she should ever be included in best jump polls. She was so stiff and looked liked the landing were always "lucky. Totally just my opinion though. I do however think she was one of the sexiest skaters around and always loved her look on the ice. She had the most beautiful face. She was so much more mature and was such a "lady", until she skated... Hope that makes sense. I went with Midori.

l'etoile
05-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Tie between Harding and Kim. Speed going into it, edge, height, ice coverage, running edge out of the jump, and flow, all things considered. Gracie seems very promising in that sense.

Note that Yuna does the jump with a preceding change of edge and skating foot. I've not seen any other ladies do triple lutz like her. So easy and effortless.

Aceon6
05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
I always liked Nancy Kerrigan's. Harding's were great, but she never had much content after the jump. Nancy seemed to flow better.

Does anyone else feel that the lutzes benefited from figures? Seems that the post-figures skaters have more trouble with them.

kwanatic
05-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Harding and Ito almost tie IMO. Speed in, height, speed out...really wonderful. But I give it to Harding overall. I loved Sebestyen's lutz as well...best thing she did.

Yu-Na had the best lutz of the post-Golden Era group of ladies. Her proper technique paired with the speed and rotation really made it stand out. Honorable mention to Arakawa and Ando...

Best lutz in this current crop of ladies goes to Agnes. Big height, coverage, great air position and speed.

smarts1
05-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I think we're also forgetting about Yong Suk Kim... Her triple lutz could easily be compared to Granny's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-fmlGuvRRY

l'etoile
05-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd like to add Midori on my list but her air position was really bad despite the quality of jumps. OTOH, that of Tonya's and Yuna's are flawless in every aspect.

Kelvster
05-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Goodness me ... Such a talent. Shame she wasn't allowed to compete

And oh ... I like Freakin liashenko's lutz. She glides on the outside edge for the entire length of the rink and loves the way she puts the foot behind the other forever before takeoff :cool:

briancoogaert
05-10-2012, 03:49 PM
I really hated Maria B's landings and as the landing is part of a jump I disagree she should ever be included in best jump polls. She was so stiff and looked liked the landing were always "lucky. Totally just my opinion though.
Not just your opinion. Maria's landings were not good.

Macassar88
05-10-2012, 03:55 PM
I like Yuna's this Olympics warm-up 3Lz. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D2nlHtPEdc

Beautiful jump! On a side note, I remembered how much I love Mao's spirals.

PashaFan
05-10-2012, 04:09 PM
For me it's Nancy Kerrigan every time. Totally beautiful. Perfect landing. Also amazing arms.

judgejudy27
05-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Yu Na Kim has great toe jumps so I see how she is doing so well on the poll. That is why she does triple lutz-triple toe and triple flip-triple toe combinations so easily. Her edge jumps are not as good, although her only weak one is the triple loop which she can barely do at all.

As for Maria her landings from 1998-2000 (when landed) were very good, very secure with great control and a solid position, much different than the rest of her career.

Ito had a great lutz and great any jump of course, but the problem with hers is the leg wrap was much greater than it was on any of her other jumps (many of her jumps I didnt even notice one). So I wouldnt consider hers the best for that reason.

I am surprised Slutskaya has so few votes. It is easy to tell she was never a popular skater on this forum though.

bardtoob
05-10-2012, 07:26 PM
^ Irina is very popular on this board, and Irina's 3Lz/3Lp was much more difficult and enjoyable to watch than Yuna's 3Lz/3T. However, I am inclined to believe that all those that would have voted for Irina ended up voting for Harding since they were both big jumpers but Harding had a better outflowing edge.

takuna
05-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Also Gede should be added to the list. Her 3lz is a MONSTER.

definitely! http://youtu.be/GhZB5MwRmgI?t=42s