PDA

View Full Version : Peaked too soon. Programs at their best that should have won OG

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Triple Butz
05-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Abbott peaks at Nationals every year, or he doesnt peak at all.

In 2009, I'd say he peaked at the GPF.

Tonya Harding in 91 was the first thing I thought of before I even opened the thread.

carriecmu0503
05-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Had Jeremy Abbott skated at the 2010 Olympics the way he skated 2010 Nationals, he would have run away with the OGM.....

PinkFeathers
05-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Had Jeremy Abbott skated at the 2010 Olympics the way he skated 2010 Nationals, he would have run away with the OGM.....

And there wouldn't have been any quadtroversy :lol:

I agree; I'm so sad that this didn't happen. Not that I begrudge Evan his medal, but I think Jeremy had a better program when he was 'on'.

DarrellH
05-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Todd E - 1996 Worlds

mag
05-16-2012, 11:53 PM
And there wouldn't have been any quadtroversy :lol:

I agree; I'm so sad that this didn't happen. Not that I begrudge Evan his medal, but I think Jeremy had a better program when he was 'on'.

I'm not an Abbott fan, but this is really one that got away. His program at Nationals was fabulous. The up side is that Takahashi got the bronze and he wouldn't have if they all just moved down a place!

paskatefan
05-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Todd E - 1996 Worlds

Absolutely! Magnificent performance! :encore:

snoopysnake
05-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Shen & Zhao - 2003 Worlds. Considering his injury, it was a miracle that they could return in 2004 for bronze.

caro-ira
05-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Usova and Zhulin peaked a year too early. They would have won the gold with their Blues for Klook program in Lillehammer, for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxseLaxl61s

What a stunning, sexy and innovative program. She's hot, he's sexy, they are a perfect match.

PashaFan
05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I wish Sale/Pelletier had stuck with their Orchid Program for the SLC Olympics rather than going back to Love Story. I think it was more interesting.

Sasha'sSpins
05-18-2012, 03:20 PM
I think Tonya could have medalled at the 1992 Olympics. But I don't think they were ever going to let her win Olympic gold over the likes of Yamaguchi or Ito. I think they would have kept her artistic scores just low enough to prevent her from winning outright. Jmo.

pollyanna
05-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I wish Sale/Pelletier had stuck with their Orchid Program for the SLC Olympics rather than going back to Love Story. I think it was more interesting.

Or even their Tristan und Isolde program, which I loved. Love Story was too prosaic and simple.

nuge
05-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Usova and Zhulin peaked a year too early. They would have won the gold with their Blues for Klook program in Lillehammer, for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxseLaxl61s

What a stunning, sexy and innovative program. She's hot, he's sexy, they are a perfect match.

Never seen this video before .They both look so young.She looks miserable :(
I always admired her beautiful pointed toes .

I could imagine V/M doing something along with this music.

kosjenka
05-20-2012, 08:24 PM

I gained respect for Sale&Pelletier when they came out with Orchid.
They lost it going back to Love Story.

Abbot is first person that comes to my mind. His Nationals performances in 2010 were impressive. I guess he was just not ready performing under such a great pressure.

judgejudy27
05-21-2012, 06:57 AM
Usova and Zhulin peaked a year too early.

or they were able to bear their crumbling marriage and off ice relationship a year too few. Their sucky free dance in Lillehammer likely had alot to do with their personal relationship. How can you potray something seductive with someone you despise with a passion.

operagirl
05-21-2012, 08:21 AM
Harding also had better (and MUCH faster) spins than Ito or Yamaguchi.

I think Harding and Denise Biellmann (who had the first triple Lutz) could have been competitive today.

BTW - Denise won the short and long at the Olympics in 1980...And finished fourth.