PDA

View Full Version : Which Partnerships Pairs or Dance do you really miss the most as Competitors,and why?

Pages : [1] 2

FSWer
05-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Ok my friends!!!!! I want to as you all today which Partnerships Pairs OR Dance you really miss the most as Competitors...and why? Please specify if the Partnership was a Pair or Ice-Dance Couple. Please also use the following format. For me I surely miss...

Katie Orscher and Garrett Lucash = (Pairs) = I surely miss these two because I grew up with them,and I've gotten so used to them. That's why I miss these two Competing.

Amanda Evora and Mark Ladwig = (Pairs) = Even though I didn't really grow up with these two...but after about 10 years of watching them Skate ,I find myself greving without them Competing. together....again...it's not the same.

Melissa Gregory and Denis Perferr (sorry if I spelled that wrong) = Ice-Dance) = Same here with Ice-Dance. Again,even though I didn't know them growing up. I still saw them skating long enough to miss them Competing.

Ok Friends!!!...GO!!!!

aliceanne
05-09-2012, 03:08 AM
I had hoped that when Rudy Galindo went pro he and Kristi Yamaguchi would do some exhibition programs together.

When pro skaters were given the option to reinstate as Olympic eligible in 1994, Kristi talked about reinstating and competing in the Olympics at pairs. I wish she had.

Sk8fun
05-09-2012, 03:43 AM
I miss Gordeeva and Grinkov in pairs. They are what made me fall in love with the sport of figure skating.

sap5
05-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Gordeeva and Grinkov
Silverstein and Pekarek

sequins
05-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Crone and Poirier:(

Buffybot
05-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Honestly - Samuelson and Bates. I'm glad they are both happy with new partnerships, but I think they could have overtaken the Shibutanis and been the face of US ice dance in the next quad. They were so light and precise on their feet, with great lines.

FSWer
05-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I had hoped that when Rudy Galindo went pro he and Kristi Yamaguchi would do some exhibition programs together.

When pro skaters were given the option to reinstate as Olympic eligible in 1994, Kristi talked about reinstating and competing in the Olympics at pairs. I wish she had.

Are there any Google pics of when Kristi was doing Pairs? BTW. did she ever Ice-Dance?

Sylvia
05-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Are there any Google pics of when Kristi was doing Pairs?
Here's one photo I found of Kristi Yamaguchi/Rudi Galindo doing a split twist lift at 1990 US Nationals (they won the 1989 and 1990 National pairs title together): http://figureskating.wikia.com/wiki/File:U96162508.jpg

BTW. did she ever Ice-Dance?
No, she never competed in ice dance. I don't know if she ever took any ice dance tests.

FSWer
05-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Here's one photo I found of Kristi Yamaguchi/Rudi Galindo doing a split twist lift at 1990 US Nationals (they won the 1989 and 1990 National pairs title together): http://figureskating.wikia.com/wiki/File:U96162508.jpg

No, she never competed in ice dance. I don't know if she ever took any ice dance tests.

The photo didn't download.

Moka-Ananas
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Pairs:
Gordeeva/Grinkov...no words needed.
Totmianina/Marinin...Perfection.
Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze...:swoon:
Siudeks...just have a soft spot for them.
Shen/Zhao...they were wonderful.
Abitbol/Bernadis...loved their Can-Can SP
Obertas/Slavnov...so much potential.
Iliushechkina/Maisuradze...a shame what happened to them last season.

Ice Dance:
Navka/Kostomarov...the last real diva.
Grishuk/Platov...for obvious reasons.
Anissina/Peizerat...:swoon:
Khokhlova/Novitski...their "Night on the Bald Mountain"-FD is probably my all-time favorite FD ever

FSWer
05-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Pairs:
Gordeeva/Grinkov...no words needed.
Totmianina/Marinin...Perfection.
Berezhnaya/Sikharulidze...:swoon:
Siudeks...just have a soft spot for them.
Shen/Zhao...they were wonderful.
Abitbol/Bernadis...loved their Can-Can SP
Obertas/Slavnov...so much potential.
Iliushechkina/Maisuradze...a shame what happened to them last season.

Ice Dance:
Navka/Kostomarov...the last real diva.
Grishuk/Platov...for obvious reasons.
Anissina/Peizerat...:swoon:
Khokhlova/Novitski...their "Night on the Bald Mountain"-FD is probably my all-time favorite FD ever

Katia and Sergei. LOL,I forot abot them.

aliceanne
05-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Are there any Google pics of when Kristi was doing Pairs? BTW. did she ever Ice-Dance?

Here are Yamaguchi and Galindo at 1989 Nationals ( which they won).

http://duckduckgo.com/?q=Yamaguchi+and+galindo

Rudy is quite small for a pair skater, which probably made lifts difficult as Kristi grew.

I doubt Kristi had time for dance tests as she had to learn figures as well as pairs and singles elements.

FSWer
05-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Ican't see the pic. or some reason.

myhoneyhoney
05-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Gordeeva and Grinkov. Perfection. Gosh, how i miss them :(

nuge
05-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I miss Denkova/Staviski in dance.I don't think there's a team quite like them .They had a raw edge to them .Different programmes every season and you never knew if they were going to make mistakes :shuffle: