PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

agalisgv
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Guess there aren't many professional basketball fans here as I didn't see any threads.

Anyhow, playoff season is underway, and the OK Thunder were the first team to advance to the next round, defeating last year's NBA champions the Dallas Mavericks. The San Antonio Spurs have now one their first round, eliminating the UT Jazz. The Thunder will likely play the LA Lakers next round, and the Spurs will likely play the LA Clippers.

The big news is the #1 ranked team in the eastern conference, the Chicago Bulls, is on the verge of being eliminated by the Philadelphia 76ers. Tonight is game 5, and a must-win for Chicago.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2012/series/

Wiki has the schedule for all the playoff games.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NBA_Playoffs

skatingfan5
05-08-2012, 08:30 PM
When Derrick Rose blew out his knee (torn ACL) in Chicago's first playoff game, that put their chances of advancing out of the first round very much in question. Having Noah sprain his ankle in game 3 made it even more unlikely. Anything is possible, but it definitely looks as though the Bulls' season could be over tonight.

agalisgv
05-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Well, the Bulls came back tonight and dominated the 76ers. They'll go on to game 5.

Two nail-biters were the Celtics v. the Atlanta Hawks, and the Denver Nuggets v. the Lakers. The Hawks held on to win by 1--the Celtics stole the ball in the last 10 seconds, but lost control of it when Rondo appeared to dribble the ball on his foot and couldn't get the ball back before time ran out. Game 6 will be in Boston.

The Nuggets came out strong, but the Lakers rallied to be within 3 at the very end. Kobe Bryant attempted a three pointer at the final buzzer, but missed. Game 6 will be in Denver.

Jemestone
05-09-2012, 07:31 PM
The only team I really care about is the Memphis Grizzlies!!! Got to support my home team even if they did blow a 27 pt lead. Too bad they are on the verge of being eliminated by the LAC of all teams :wuzrobbed

myhoneyhoney
05-10-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm following it. My favorite team has always been the Lakers but I also like the Spurs. For the East I like Miami (Mr. Riley is there now) and the Bulls but seems quite unlikely for the Bulls to advance now :(

agalisgv
05-10-2012, 03:37 AM
The Pacers have advanced, eliminating the Orlando Magic. And the Miami Heat eliminated the Knicks.

Tonight the Grizzlies are playing the Clippers in TN--game in progress with the Grizzlies in the lead in the second quarter 48-36.

I'm probably the only one rooting for OK :shuffle:

oleada
05-10-2012, 03:44 AM
I'm probably the only one rooting for OK :shuffle:

Most definitely not :)

Jemestone
05-10-2012, 06:00 AM
I'll root for OKC when/if the Grizzlies lose. Durant is soooo HOT. Paul is HOT too but I can't root for him for obvious reasons. Nobody is for the Grizzlies but whatever we won. Now I'm kicking myself for not going tonight. #GritAndGrind #GrizzNation :cheer2:

agalisgv
05-10-2012, 06:28 AM
I'm happy the Grizzlies hung on--great playing throughout. It wasn't even close. When the Grizzlies have lost to the Clippers, it's usually by just one point. But when they win, it's by a good margin.

Hope they keep it up for game 6 :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jemestone
05-10-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm happy the Grizzlies hung on--great playing throughout. It wasn't even close. When the Grizzlies have lost to the Clippers, it's usually by just one point. But when they win, it's by a good margin.

Hope they keep it up for game 6 :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:cheer2: I hope so too. I was there for game 1, talk about shocking, I have heart attacks every time they lose a lead. Our 4th quarter play is terrible, and the Clippers 3pt shot making is deadly. Hope we win the next 2. If not, oh well, we tried. :D

P.S. my daddy over here hating on Rudy Gay, say he aignt doing sh*t :lol:
My friend over here hating on Marc Gasol saying he aignt doing sh*t :lol:
Whatever, my advice: just pass the ball to Conley :cheer2:

Megi
05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Guess there aren't many professional basketball fans here as I didn't see any threads.

NBA fans? Moi, moi, moi!

I'm a Raptors fan (just commited to 2012/2013 season's seat :yikes:) first and foremost but with them not in it, I was rooting for my team #2, the Mavs, but that didn't go too well this year.

I guess the only team left that I'm somewhat rooting for is the Grizzlies. Every time I see or hear/read about Rudy Gay the only thing I can think of is this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg) from the game vs my Raps last season. Warning: language in it is definitely NSFW.

Now, take the guy from this video and you have the Grizzlies fans 2012. Seems like not too many of them believe the offense should go through Rudy with Z-Bo back, and understandably so.

Jemestone
05-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Rudy keeps trying to make shots he can't make, trying to force a play. We get it, he didn't make it to the playoffs last year due to injury but this is a TEAM sport, homeboy got to learn how to pass the ball. Z-Bo isn't that great either :shuffle: There have been other Grizzles in this series that I think have been playing better, JMHO of course.

Megi
05-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Rudy keeps trying to make shots he can't make, trying to force a play. We get it, he didn't make it to the playoffs last year due to injury but this is a TEAM sport, homeboy got to learn how to pass the ball. Z-Bo isn't that great either :shuffle: There have been other Grizzles in this series that I think have been playing better, JMHO of course.

The best thing about Randolph is that truck driver mentality of just going to the hoop no matter what and it seems to be working, for most part. It's also partially true with Gasol but he's obviously more versatile/sublime and can shoot.

THAT brings us to ball movement/distribution that seems to be lacking and that usually on the coach and the point guard. :shuffle:

As for Rudy, you guys should just ship him to Toronto. If that means he won't hit any more game winners/buzzer beaters (been too many!) against us, I'd be more than cool with that. :saint: ;)

Jemestone
05-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Haha, Rudy too cute to give up. You all can have Mayo :lol:

agalisgv
05-11-2012, 08:02 AM
So, the Bulls have been eliminated as have the Atlanta Hawks. The eastern conference semi-finals are now set.

In the western conference, we go to game 7 between the Lakers and Nuggets this Saturday in LA. And tonight the Grizzlies battle it out in LA. I'm looking forward to this game! If the Grizzlies win, they will go back to Memphis for game 7 on Sunday.