PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Team Envelope / International Selection Pool (ISP) skaters & updates for 2012-13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Sylvia
05-08-2012, 05:48 PM
The 2012-13 team envelopes (A-C) have been published online by USFS: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=48071&type=media

Earlier thread in Trash Can that explains the 2012-13 envelope criteria and the International Selection Pool (published on April 26, 2012): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82601

ETA: I'm glad to see that Angela Wang, Max Aaron, and Emily Samuelson/Todd Gilles (8th place finishers in Senior at 2012 Nationals) were included in Team C, along with Madeline Aaron/Max Settlage (6th in Jr Pairs) and Amanda Bertsch/Sam Kaplun (7th in Jr Dance; though both of them are currently listed on IPS).

peibeck
05-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Glad to see Courtney Hicks get funding after her injury last season. :rollin:

I know one dance team (or at least his mom) that is very excited by their funding. Whee! :lol:

kittyjake5
05-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Thank Sylvia.

Happy that Caroline Z. and Agnes Z. were included in Team B.

vexlak
05-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Glad to see Courtney Hicks get funding after her injury last season. :rollin:

I know one dance team (or at least his mom) that is very excited by their funding. Whee! :lol:

out of curiosity how much funding does the USFSA provide?

Visaliakid
05-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Why was not Evan Lysacek not given ANY funding level? Because he did not compete last season? If true, USFS is cutting their own throat with what appears to some as a major Snub!

shsocu
05-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Why was not Evan Lysacek not given ANY funding level? Because he did not compete last season? If true, USFS is cutting their own throat with what appears to some as a major Snub!

Does he really need the funds?

Visaliakid
05-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Does he really need the funds?

If he competes, Who will he represent at international ISU events? USFSA!!!
Sounds like USFSA doesn't really care if he competes for them or not. Not good PR!

misskarne
05-09-2012, 03:27 AM
Hooray! Joshua and Jason both got team B! :D

....but Nathan Chen in Team B already? I don't know a whole lot about the envelopes but isn't that a little...high for someone who's only just old enough to do Juniors internationally? :confused:

jlai
05-09-2012, 03:37 AM
Hooray! Joshua and Jason both got team B! :D

....but Nathan Chen in Team B already? I don't know a whole lot about the envelopes but isn't that a little...high for someone who's only just old enough to do Juniors internationally? :confused:

Chen won junior men, and I thought usually junior US champs get team B.

AndyWarhol
05-09-2012, 03:42 AM
all seems fair.

attyfan
05-09-2012, 03:45 AM
Could the USFS add Evan to Team A or Team B if he actually does come back?

feraina
05-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Wow, I'm surprised that Courtney Hicks made into Team C while Leah Keiser didn't. Leah was skating pretty well all season until National's. Too bad she was never given a JGP.

Tammi
05-09-2012, 04:49 AM
If he competes, Who will he represent at international ISU events? USFSA!!!
Sounds like USFSA doesn't really care if he competes for them or not. Not good PR!I think you have the answer in the first sentence of your response "if he competes". Part of the criteria for funding is:

Consideration will be given to place a 2010 Olympic medalist into Team A or Team B at the discretion of the ICMS. These athletes must have retained their eligible status and must be committed to competing in the current and/or following competitive season.

It sounds like Evan may not have made an official committment yet to USFS about competing in the upcoming season.

misskarne
05-09-2012, 04:49 AM
Chen won junior men, and I thought usually junior US champs get team B.

Ah, okay. I guess it makes sense from that point of view.

I don't see why Lysacek should get USFSA funding. It's not like the US are short of quality men to begin with. Even Plushenko didn't get funding from the RFSF when he first came back and the Russians were in a much more dire state than the US are now. He had to prove to them he was serious before they would. The same thing should apply here; Lysacek can show he's serious before he gets funding.

EDIT: I see Tammi beat me to it and actually found a rule. :)

sus2850
05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Not that I really miss him, but why is Brandon Mroz not there in an envelope (or am I blind)? And Mark Lawdwig with his new partner Lindsay Davis?
And I guess what you said about Evan applies to Johnny Weir as well, that he is not on the list as it is not certain yet whether he really comes back?