PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14, Week 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

cruisin
05-09-2012, 08:06 PM
No, DWTS is classified by the FCC as a game show, which means there is a different set of regulations.

It's still entertainment based. They film the practices and they are probably encouraged to be dramatic. Then they edit for the most dramatic effect.

nubka
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I would think that Roshon might be able to get into the Vegas cast. It's not like he has huge Disney commitments and he does pick up the choreo quickly.

That would be great! :) :)

danceronice
05-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Actually, that's a fairly common teaching method. You get pushed into frame and dragged around until your posture is right and you can make the bigger steps to match your partner. Only then does he relax the lead.

...:confused: Maybe with bad teachers....you can't create good technique by starting with the worst possible. (And I have NOT seen Maks drag a student around. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but I have not seen it.)

(And I will believe Maks is leaving when I see the entire cast introduction of the next season and he's not there.)

heckles
05-09-2012, 11:46 PM
They film the practices and they are probably encouraged to be dramatic. Then they edit for the most dramatic effect.

Sheee-yeah, the "I got a bad edit" excuse. Right up there with "I'm not here to make friends".

cruisin
05-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Sheee-yeah, the "I got a bad edit" excuse. Right up there with "I'm not here to make friends".

Not a bad edit. And not an excuse. It is what these shows live for. The stars know it, the pros know it. They give the viewers what they want - drama.

screech
05-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Even other pros have stated that Maks' packages seem to focus on the bad. Tristan recently commented on the clip packages (http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/08/dwts-tristan-macmanus-blog-week-8-katherine-jenkins-mark-ballas/)

The thing is with the cameras, the cameras are there from the minute you walk into the studio ’til the minute you leave. People lose their rag sometimes. But the thing is, it’s entirely up to the producers what they want to use in the packages and how they want to tell the particular story of what goes on that week. I think that’s really clear with Melissa each week. She’s trying to point out all the time, “well this isn’t what Maks is like all the time.” Some people do get angry sometimes and start to scream and they probably go a bit overboard sometimes. But maybe in the package they might show something going wrong and the teacher starts screaming and saying this and that and that. But that particular scream — that might not have even been what they were screaming about, know what I mean? Reactions become reactions to dance steps that had nothing to do with the original scream in the first place.

Also, Melissa said after their dance this week that 'that was a bad day, referring to the clilp package. So the producers focus on the single day that causes the 'entertainment' instead of what goes well.

Maks has said in the past that while they all do get frustrated, his frustration is probably the most viewer friendly, or easy to manipulate.

I was surprised when this week they showed Golden Boy being a bit of a jerk - that rarely happens.