View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14, Week 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

skateboy
05-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Would have kept Roshon over William.

Me too. :(

heckles
05-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Too bad Urkel went home last week. He and Chris Brown could have shared their tips for smacking women around. I guess he had Maks for that.

cruisin
05-09-2012, 01:56 PM
I have never heard that Maks smacks women around. Yes, he can be rather :roll eyes: verbally, but physical - ? And I wonder just how bad he is verbally, we know that the show is edited for "drama". They can stick bleeps in wherever they want. Who knows if they're warranted.

Yazmeen
05-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Article on Maks and potentially not considering coming back for the next round:

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/09/11610416-maks-ill-have-to-think-about-coming-back-to-dancing-with-the-stars?lite

As much I joked about him being "Maxie Crankie" at times, I adore Max and think he's one of the best dancers and choreographers on the show. He should have won that darn trophy with Mel B. And I have to sympathize: it's gets tiring to always see him painted as the bad boy tyrant and Derek painted as the golden boy (even when he choreographs illegal moves and ignores what the dance is supposed to be, as in "Bollywood"). Max's good rehearsal moments don't get on the show, but his frustration always does. Yes, I know he can try to control the frustration, but that's hard for a perfectionist. I think he gets a bad rap.

Personally, I want to see "golden boy" and his partner go next as I think Maria is the weakest of the final group. Would like to see Donald and Katherine in the finals, and Donald for the win (speaking of someone who appears to always take the brunt of criticism and judging, even when he outdances others...)

heckles
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I have never heard that Maks smacks women around. Yes, he can be rather :roll eyes: verbally, but physical - ?

He shoves and drags his partners around in rehearsals.

skatesindreams
05-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Sorry for Roshon, as he is a really good dancer/performer.
He was the "odd person out" in the double elimination.

Maria wasn't going; and "Packer Nation" supports Donald.

cruisin
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM

You do realize this is a reality show. Which basically means it is not real.

Aceon6
05-09-2012, 04:17 PM

Actually, that's a fairly common teaching method. You get pushed into frame and dragged around until your posture is right and you can make the bigger steps to match your partner. Only then does he relax the lead.

heckles
05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
You do realize this is a reality show. Which basically means it is not real.

No, DWTS is classified by the FCC as a game show, which means there is a different set of regulations.

Rob
05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I've been hoping for a Katherine, Maria, Donald final so this works for me. I like Rochon, but William is fine. I don't get the William love and praise, but I don't hate him either. He looks fine in his dances. Rochon just seemed more motivated.

Rob
05-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Article on Maks and potentially not considering coming back for the next round:

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/09/11610416-maks-ill-have-to-think-about-coming-back-to-dancing-with-the-stars?lite

"Maks might not return next season" articles are becoming as routine as the old "Irina Pregnant?" and "Whatever Happened to Deanna Stellato" threads.

shan
05-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Can someone in the know technically comment on the difficulty of Maria's dances? I've heard that as a criticism in regard to the high scores she receives.

nubka
05-09-2012, 06:24 PM
"Maks might not return next season" articles are becoming as routine as the old "Irina Pregnant?" and "Whatever Happened to Deanna Stellato" threads.

Exactly, lol! :D

jkl
05-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I hope that Chelsea and Roshon get the All Star DWTS show.:D

Aceon6
05-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I hope that Chelsea and Roshon get the All Star DWTS show.:D

I would think that Roshon might be able to get into the Vegas cast. It's not like he has huge Disney commitments and he does pick up the choreo quickly.