PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14, Week 8

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

pixie cut
05-08-2012, 03:23 PM
This. She's much more relaxed.

I kept thinking clearly Val is the superior teacher. It was the best she danced all season, which is not to say she's on a par with the other celebrities, but she was definitely much better than she's been.

Yazmeen
05-08-2012, 03:48 PM
It's a difficult choice, wish they weren't double eliminating. I would have Melissa and Maria go. Maria's dances just weren't top shelf last night. And sorry, but the Bollywood number to me was just an ego trip for Derek. Guess I remember too much of Davis and White getting REAL Bollywood training for their original dance. This was the boys showing off around a ho-hum belly dance.

And I agree with Len, there was no samba in their samba. Just another Derek "bend the rules to show my choreography off" maneuver. Of course, Maria won't go, they wouldn't not have Derek and partner in the finals.

Makes me wonder what might have been if Melissa had been paired with Val instead of Maxie Cranky.

Aceon6
05-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Makes me wonder what might have been if Melissa had been paired with Val instead of Maxie Cranky.

You could really see it last night. It seemed she had no fear with Val, then tightened up with Maks. Wonder if Val is better at sending balance signals throughout the lead. With an insecure dancer like Melissa, she needs to get the signal a beat early, not on the beat when she'd already be too late.

purple skates
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I think I've said it before, but I don't get the William love (although I do think last night was his best dance). My son says he's getting the "he's hot" votes. :lol:

I like Roshon and hope he stays, but I do expect it will be Melissa and somebody (hopefully not Donald - like him too.)

skatesindreams
05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
^^^
This!

danceronice
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM
I love the idea of a Bollywood samba, but it needed a lot more samba.

I ADORED Donald's trio. He did not look at all like he was either running to keep up or standing around while the girls spun.

William-he wasn't bad but his first dance wasn't 30-worthy. His foxtrot was NOT as good as Roshon, who was underscored-even in hold he was doing difficult things well. Likewise, Roshon was amazing in his Paso while William did a lot of standing around and got cleanly outdanced by Tony.

Susan1
05-08-2012, 10:33 PM
I actually liked William's dances last night. I don't have any attachment to Roshon, so I wouldn't mind if he goes. I think it might be Melissa. She's kind of past her "hanging on" date. Please save Katherine!!!! She deserves to be there (and win). Now pretend like you didn't see those last two words. I always jinx people when I "say it out loud". And I like Derek. He may be super confident, but I think he has the skills, dancing and choreo-wise to back it up.

Susan1
05-08-2012, 10:35 PM
I think I've said it before, but I don't get the William love (although I do think last night was his best dance). My son says he's getting the "he's hot" votes. :lol:

I like Roshon and hope he stays, but I do expect it will be Melissa and somebody (hopefully not Donald - like him too.)

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Donald. I thought he did really well last night too. So my "going home" would still be Melissa and Roshon.

danceronice
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM
I think it'll be Melissa (who's pretty much due) and Roshon (despite his being the best male and close with Katherine for best overall.) I can't see Maria getting too much farther, though--the 'actual talent' slots for the final three belong to Katherine and Donald, and it's pretty clear the screaming fangirl (non-gender-specific fangirl) demo is going to carry William.

Lilia A
05-09-2012, 01:02 AM
According to dialidol (I know it's not very reliable, but it's something) Melissa is the only one guaranteed to be safe. Who is voting for her??

I think Roshon is going home, just because the last two weeks have shown that he doesn't have a huge fanbase to keep him in the competition. Too bad, because he has the talent. As for the other couple eliminated....not a clue.

shan
05-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I really want Donald to be safe.

MR-FAN
05-09-2012, 01:14 AM
This is the most talented top 6 this show has ever had! I really really REALLY like Catherine, Melissa and William. Their dances are the ones I look forward to the most each week. I also am a fan of Donald and love his joy, so by process of elimination I hope it's Roshon and Maria going home. But I wouldn't be surprised/disappointed with any outcome (well, unless Catherine goes home. LOVE her!)

And I know the bollywood dance didn't have enough samba content, but DAMN if it wasn't amazing!!! I've rewatched it 6 times and can't seam to get enough of it! LOVED it. This and Donald's jive were the highlight for me last night :respec:

Yazmeen
05-09-2012, 02:11 AM
Donald and Peta safe - YAY!!!!

Katherine and Mark in jeopardy - :(

Garden Kitty
05-09-2012, 02:18 AM
It would be a shame if Katherine doesn't have the necessary fanbase/recognition here in the US, to get her to the final 3, at least.
She consistently dances very well; and her performance quality/persona is among the best on the show.

I voted last night for the first time all season. I fear Katherine may not have the fan base and isn't as flashy, but I love her style and elegance.

mrr50
05-09-2012, 02:25 AM
I started trying to vote for Donald during his first dance. It was solid busy. We never got in the first vote from any phone in the house. Just as a side note, the Green Bay Press Gazette interviewed the Packer coach. He watches and votes for Donald every week. This man is not Bill Parcels who scorned Jason Taylor for doing the show.