PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14, Week 8

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

soxxy
05-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Katherine kept her cool during the wardrobe malfunction, good for her.

Scores:

10 9 10

Garden Kitty
05-08-2012, 02:41 AM
That was a cute number from Katherine. Mark made good use of the trio and kudos to Katherine for keeping her cool with the wardrobe issue.

Desperado
05-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Usually not a fan of Mark Ballas but he gets extra kudos from me for getting Tristan to join in the dance, he looked so hot and good. Katherine was OK :lol: She did a wonderful job with the wardrobe malfunction though, good for her.

The show should definitely keep with this two dancers concept, I'm having more fun watching these dance than I've had since the first two episodes.

soxxy
05-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Trio dances are very good, I wouldn't have guessed, although Roshon had a few miscues.

Scores:

9 9 9

Garden Kitty
05-08-2012, 02:51 AM
I thought the trio was a terrible idea, but I've really enjoyed them. It's interesting to see the choices the choreographers made.

Desperado
05-08-2012, 02:53 AM
Interesting idea Chelsie had of bringing in another guy. I think it worked, Roshon looked very commanding and even Len liked it - good for them.

Can I see Tristan in handcuffs again...please...

soxxy
05-08-2012, 03:00 AM
William's scores:

9 9 9

Veronika
05-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Is it just me or is Donald consistently underscored?? Don't really understand compared to some of the other dances.

This...his jive was amazing!!!

I guess I'll have to vote tonight.

screech
05-08-2012, 07:03 AM
I enjoyed his jive, but I don't find him underscored. There's usually something a bit 'off' IMO.

IMO Roshon was the best tonight. His foxtrot was so charming and well done, and his paso too (damn those timing issues!) Much better than William's paso to me which was a bit clunkly and far too flamenco at times.

I enjoyed Maria's Bollywood number and did see some samba moments in there, but not enough. I agree with Derek though - not much to really do with that music.

Melissa was a completely different dancer tonight. The first dance was pretty good after the initial stumbles. And the samba... wow! I agree that she was much more relaxed in hold with Val. And she and Maks had a definite advantage in the trio with Val - for the brothers to be so comfortable together, having worked together in the past, and Val having come in last week, must have helped a lot. You could tell the brothers had complete comfort dancing together.

I enjoyed the trios and would love to see them in the future. But I guess this means no 'instant dance' this year? I'd like to see both the trio and instant dance in the future. It was neat to see how the couples worked the 3rd person into them. Donald and Peta (and Karina) were the best, but I did like how Roshon and Chelsie (and Sasha?) did it - Chelsie wasn't the focus, which would have been so easy to do with that dance, and there was lots of just the two of them.

Double elimination - I have no idea who it will be. Roshon is the only one who has been in the bottom two (so I threw my votes his way because IMO he's the best male dancer on the show). Melissa deserves to go, and I think that Roshon will be in the bottom. Katherine is a bit iffy this week compared to others, so hopefully people remember how amazing she's been (at the top in 6 of the 8 weeks). I had to pick I'd send home Melissa and William (not going to happen, but one can hope).

AYS
05-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Overall, this was a really enjoyable night of dancing. I thought the trios worked amazingly well across the board - I hope they use it again. I agree, though, with the Bollywood getting marked down for not being a samba. I guess Derek must feel awfully confident about getting through to next week, because he had to know they'd get marked down for it.

Melissa gets the most improved award, for sure! Both dances tonight were so much better than when she first started. That said, it would probably be a travesty if she got through, especially in a double elimination. I really don't want to see anyone go, much less two.

I continue to love Katherine, so classy, elegant, with the most beautiful lines and such a great mover, and actually think she's the one that tends to get a tad underscored in general. William, overscored. Agree that Donald's jive was fabulous.

skatesindreams
05-08-2012, 02:24 PM
AYS, you spoke for me.

Nan
05-08-2012, 03:04 PM
For the first time this season, I enjoyed all the dances last night and loved the trio idea. I wasn't sure how it would come off, but I hope the idea is a keeper. :)

skatesindreams
05-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I liked the "trio dances", also.

Aceon6
05-08-2012, 03:08 PM
I think the troika is having a lot of trouble marking this group. No one sucks, so they're marking the choreo instead of the dancing. If overall performance drives the viewer votes, it should be Melissa and Roshon or William going home, but strange things have happened at this stage. Catherine might have been in jeopardy tonight, but the undermarking will likely get her the necessary viewer votes.

skatesindreams
05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
It would be a shame if Katherine doesn't have the necessary fanbase/recognition here in the US, to get her to the final 3, at least.
She consistently dances very well; and her performance quality/persona is among the best on the show.