PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race May 6-- It's A Great Place to Become Millionaires

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Beefcake
05-07-2012, 09:59 PM
My favorite end-challenge was the flags challenge, wherein my boys, the misnamed "Hippies" BJ & Tyler came from pretty far behind to blow past the even more misnamed "Frats" (neither intended to do college) ...

... and usurped the latter's $1 million and TAR9 title. Not only did my alltime fav team excel to win the Race, but it was a colorful, largescale, swooshing kind of challenge. :kickass:

allezfred
05-07-2012, 10:18 PM
The best person won. Anybody who swears like a trooper gets my vote. :cheer:

Can't believe they went all the way to Hiroshima just to go sightseeing. Seemed like a waste of time (plus we had to hear Army Dave drag out Pearl Harbor :rolleyes: ).

Thank goodness Japanese gameshows aren't anywhere near as crap as having to run on a treadmill and grab rubber chickens. Far too easy. :P

Lacey
05-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I could never have hauled my body up that huge building via arm strength nor could I have repelled down face first, I would have had to drop out at the very end of the race.

shan
05-07-2012, 10:51 PM
My favorite end-challenge was the flags challenge, wherein my boys, the misnamed "Hippies" BJ & Tyler came from pretty far behind to blow past the even more misnamed "Frats" (neither intended to do college) ...

... and usurped the latter's $1 million and TAR9 title. Not only did my alltime fav team excel to win the Race, but it was a colorful, largescale, swooshing kind of challenge. :kickass:

Yes, that was a great ending!! I had to relive it! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtD0RUIXn6o

BaileyCatts
05-08-2012, 12:27 AM
I actually liked the memory challenge, but good point about how everyone knows about it now and everyone takes notes and studies. Maybe they could throw one in out of nowhere when you aren't expecting it versus the final challenge, just to throw everyone off. :lol:

Jenny
05-08-2012, 01:55 AM
I haven't watched most of the season but have been keeping track out of curiosity on the BB team. If there had been a task at the end involving events throughout the race, Rachel would have done well - on Big Brother, there are often challenges like that so the players study constantly.

BaileyCatts
05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
I forgot to tape the CBS morning show on Monday (assuming they had TAR finalists on?). Did they have winners on and did anyone watch? Is there any mention of the whole missed roadblock thing (did they realize quickly what was wrong, how long did it take them to paddle back across the lake and get back to the marked trail, how many tries it really took Rachel to do the sled, etc.).

I wish I woulda taped so I could go back and watch again. How did they completely end up missing the roadblock in the first place? And how did they even know what to do when they saw those paddle boards since they had no clue telling them to even do that? I don't remember how they just stumbled onto the paddle boards and knew to cross the lake, when their clue said 'take the marked path'. Thinking back, that whole thing now confuses me. :wideeyes:

Fridge_Break
05-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I wish I woulda taped so I could go back and watch again. How did they completely end up missing the roadblock in the first place? And how did they even know what to do when they saw those paddle boards since they had no clue telling them to even do that? I don't remember how they just stumbled onto the paddle boards and knew to cross the lake, when their clue said 'take the marked path'. Thinking back, that whole thing now confuses me. :wideeyes:

There was a sign at the paddle boards that said they had to use them to cross the water with them. Their cab driver took them to the wrong location and they just kind of stumbled on them. Not the first time something like this has happened, I remember Dustin & Kandice stumbling on the river rafting task even though they missed the clue before that all together, and for some reason a task with ascenders/climbing where a team or two started doing it without actually being directed there in a past season, but right now I'm either A.) completely blanking who, or B.) making it up entirely :lol:

Bev Johnston
05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I wish I woulda taped so I could go back and watch again.

You can always go to http://www.cbs.com/ and watch it. It's free!

Admittedly, I was pouting and put off watching the finale till today. I was bummed about PerknRoids getting the boot, but very, very happy about Army winning it. Army Rachel is probably one of the most physically coordinated people ever to run the race. She can dance, run, jump, drive a wave runner, paddle a surfboard, climb, rappell, and on and on with ease. I also noticed that she and Dave were smiling when she threated to hit him in his manly parts. I think they each know how the other behaves and they just move on.

I will not miss BPA, but weirdly enough, I started to be entertained by BB. Not that I wanted them to win, but it was kind of fun to cue the crying.