PDA

View Full Version : Massimo Scali, the challenge continues

Pages : [1] 2

eleonorad
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/12001

When we were in Nice pingu and I got to interview Massimo, which was very kind indeed and talked us a lot about his opinion on ice dance, the italian school, his pupils in Detroit etc- this is the english translation of the interview, I hope you enjoy!

reut
05-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Great interview, thank you.
It has so many interesting details in it, both about the work in Detroit and Massimo's thoughts about ice dance in general.
I miss him and his stories at press conferences... :(

apatinar
05-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Are Massimo and the American still together? Massimo is such a good looking guy! :) Just curious..Not going to say names because I know how some people are with this (even though it's a double standard because people's weddings,engagements, girlfriend/boyfriend and other personal info can be discussed here)

taf2002
05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
It's news to me that it can't be discussed. Massimo is an adult. As long as what is discussed is fact, not rumor or speculation, there is no reason his significent other can't be named. However, that kind of discussion is usually done in the Trash Can since strictly speaking it's not skating news.

kittyjake5
05-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Thank you for the interview, great read! Massimo sounds very happy in his role as coach
in Detroit.

kwanfan1818
05-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Great interview -- thank you so much for the interview!

centerpt1
05-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Thank you so much. Interesting interview. The DSC Ice Dance school is so impressive.

pingu
05-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks! We had a lot of fun, Massimo is a very down to earth guy so it was not difficult to talk with him for such a long time :)

skatingfan12
05-07-2012, 07:33 PM
I think his point about how he hopes the team event at the Olympics won't effect the individual events. For example, if one skater wins their portion in the team, but many people think another skater wuzrobbed, so they give them in an advantange in the individual.

Although I think whoever wins the dance portion in the team will likely win the individual event barring any major mistakes.

aftershocks
05-07-2012, 07:37 PM
^^ Since skating is so political (not to mention team competition will be a new, untested discipline for the Olympics), this will be an interesting factor/ aspect of the judging to watch.

Icetalavista
05-08-2012, 01:17 AM
I was interested that Massimo said Anjelika primarily does choreography, not technical training of skaters...she always struck me as one of the most versatile dancers ever, an absolute master of technique.

I will be interested to see how the "emotional" Detroit school develops...

terrific interview. so nice to see a skater express themselves well w/o one sentence of bland PR-speak

BittyBug
05-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Thank you, eleonorad and pingu. :) I have always been impressed by how thoughtful and articulate Massimo is, and this interview confirms my view. Love him.

l'etoile
05-08-2012, 03:01 AM
Grazie for amazing interview! I love to see perspectives from ice dancers and recently we've had a lot of them. I'd better make a list of interview pages :D

Well, there was a reason for Team Detroit's thrive this season! Massimo is such a delightful, hard-working person. I wonder what the next season will prevail for him and the team Detroit.

PeterG
05-08-2012, 10:27 PM
It's news to me that it can't be discussed. Massimo is an adult. As long as what is discussed is fact, not rumor or speculation, there is no reason his significent other can't be named. However, that kind of discussion is usually done in the Trash Can since strictly speaking it's not skating news.

Yes, personal info about any skater has never been brought up in a Great Skate Debate thread ever before...why start now? :P :lol:

iggie
05-08-2012, 11:28 PM