PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose between being an Ice-Dancer OR Pairs Skater,which would you be?

Pages : 1 [2]

Mafke
05-09-2012, 09:12 AM
I used to love pairs before CoP came along. At it's best it had a kind of transcendence that no other discipline can touch.

On the other hand, if I had a daughter who was a skater I would everything I could to keep her from skating pairs now...

Badams
05-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I picked pairs. It's way less crowded, unfortunately, and I might stand a chance. Of course that just means that on a really good day, and someone else's really bad day, I might end up not last. :lol: And I'm 5 feet tall.

PeterG
08-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I chose ice dance as there would be less opportunity for me to mortally would my partner!! :)

Macassar88
08-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I definitely prefer watching Ice Dance but I think pairs would be more fun.

Vash01
08-16-2012, 08:06 PM
Even though I skate neither, I would choose ice dance because I am better at edges than pairs elements (of course I have never even attempted a throw or a lift). I am not particularly adventurous, so I would be too scared to be held up 8 ft high in the air while moving. That is not to say, ice dance does not have dangers. There are injuries, and falls, and the two have to skate close together (always dangerous). Still that is less scary to me.

AnnieBgood
08-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Dance. I love to watch Pairs, but I could never do lifts and side by side Camels without fearing for my life. And like someone else said, I have no upper body strength. Oh, and I'm 5'9. lol

My love is equal between the disciplines, though.

zilam98
08-18-2012, 06:10 AM
i would love to do ice dance, but my height would work wonders in pairs (im only 4'9" hehehe)

flipforsynchro
08-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Pairs, the throws look like so much fun. (that is, of course, excluding all the falls :P)