PDA

View Full Version : Argentine Field Hockey Goalie Pregnant

skipaway
05-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Her teammate is very unhappy: "couldn't she have waited 3 months?"

Anyway....congrats!

Pregnant Argentine Goalie (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/goalie-pregnancy-upsets-argentine-field-hockey-star-201806832.html)

misskarne
05-04-2012, 06:05 AM
To be fair I can understand why her teammates were so unhappy.

If you're going to plan a pregnancy, why plan it right before the Olympics? Would it really have mattered to hold off trying until afterwards? It's only a couple of months.

Now the whole team's preparations are disrupted.

caseyedwards
05-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Who thought of Isabel Delobel? Things happen when they happen!

allezfred
05-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Who thought of Isabel Delobel?

I was just coming here to suggest that they swap numbers. I'm sure Isabelle would have some advice on how to deal with pissed off teammates. ;)

Skittl1321
05-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Things happen when they happen!

While I'll agree with this statement, the article says the pregnancy was planned.

IMO, that is very poor planning. A national team athlete shouldn't leave her team in a lurch like that.

My feelings would be very different if it was unplanned. Because well, what are you going to do? Sometimes "every precaution was taken" just doesn't work.

misskarne
05-05-2012, 04:55 AM
While I'll agree with this statement, the article says the pregnancy was planned.

IMO, that is very poor planning. A national team athlete shouldn't leave her team in a lurch like that.

My feelings would be very different if it was unplanned. Because well, what are you going to do? Sometimes "every precaution was taken" just doesn't work.

I agree, and I think you'd find that if it had been an accident, her teammates would be less angry about it. What they're angry about is that she has planned this, planned to leave her team in a fix, and obviously didn't tell anyone of her plans.

IceAlisa
05-05-2012, 04:58 AM
That's ten really pissed off ladies.

AragornElessar
05-29-2012, 04:24 AM
That's ten really pissed off ladies.

And rightfully so at that. As others have said, if this had been an unplanned pregnancy, then it's a completely different situation. For her to have planned this...Talk about your selfish acts.