PDA

View Full Version : Scream Painting sold for $120 million:

Pages : 1 [2]

Wyliefan
07-12-2012, 01:30 AM
All I can say is wow. It is news like this that get me thinking the Occupy movement may just be onto something.

What, you think great art should sell for five bucks a pop? :)

Buzz
07-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Neh... $5.50 at least :P

milanessa
07-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Neh... $5.50 at least :P

I bid $10.

DarrellH
07-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm saving up for the "Draw Binky" auction.:D

Tinami Amori
07-15-2012, 01:48 AM
All I can say is wow. It is news like this that get me thinking the Occupy movement may just be onto something.

Lev Blakovich bought the painting. His father, Manahen Blakovich, as a child with his family, escaped from ethnic cleansing (“pogroms”) in Poland and came to USA right before the Great Depression. His family worked and he studied through the period of the Great Depression.

In the late 40’s/early 50’s, due to his high academic achievements, hard work, and perseverance, he was hired by some of the top financial institutions in New York, and his career took off from there. His son Lev followed his footsteps.

Perhaps the “occupiers” instead of “occupying” should meet the Blakvoich family and ask them to teach them the methods of hard work and sacrifice.. :D.

But they probably won’t do that…. So maybe US government should deport the occupiers to some troubled country and have them immigrate with empty pockets and just clothes on their backs back to USA… maybe then their brains will snap into place about what to do when you come to the land of unlimited opportunities… :P

michiruwater
07-15-2012, 02:44 AM
It's funny, the version of The Scream he bought doesn't provoke much of a reaction from me. I don't really like it that much. It does kind of look like it was done with crayons, and the colors used and the way the people are positioned in the background don't really speak to me.

But then this one (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/f/f4/20100829163553!The_Scream.jpg) is possibly my favorite work of art. Every time I see it I get this wonderful shiver up my spine. I've always had a visceral reaction to it. The colors say so much, and I always loved the shadowy people in the background moving toward the screamer.

duane
07-15-2012, 02:59 PM
^Wow, the difference is night and day. I too like this version.