PDA

View Full Version : American Idol May 2 - songs of the 60s

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

Aceon6
05-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm not a Jessica hater, but she reminds me of someone with an amazing voice who only speaks English trying to perform a classic Italian piece and connect to the lyrics, even though they have no clue what they mean.

I'm with you. I prefer singers who have spent at least a few years in bars and coffeehouses ironing out the kinks.

KikiSashaFan
05-03-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't think Skylar has spent much time in coffee houses (bars maybe...) but I like how when she performs she just goes out there and does it. With Jessica it doesn't seem as natural. You can see her thinking "walk walk walk...shake hips...walk walk..point...smile..turn...walk"

That said, I'm sure in TPTB's eyes someone like Jessica is far easier to mold into what they want, so they're going to push for that.

victoriaheidi
05-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't think Skylar has spent much time in coffee houses (bars maybe...) but I like how when she performs she just goes out there and does it. With Jessica it doesn't seem as natural. You can see her thinking "walk walk walk...shake hips...walk walk..point...smile..turn...walk"

That said, I'm sure in TPTB's eyes someone like Jessica is far easier to mold into what they want, so they're going to push for that.

Agreed. Skylar may be too much of an individual for them.

skatemommy
05-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Count me in as NOT liking Joshua's screaming. Or Skylars on the 2nd song. She had no idea that CCR song was bashing the US; Little Steven should have clued her in on that. Also count me in as a Terence Trent D'Arby fan (wishing Deandre could have got to sing...)

skatesindreams
05-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I really enjoyed Hollie last night. She has an amazing voice and is getting better at connecting with the song and the lyrics. I was disappointed in Phillip.

I agree.

Dragonlady
05-03-2012, 08:07 PM

It does seem to be working with Jordan Sparks. She was just as awkward on stage as Jessica is now.

Aceon6
05-03-2012, 09:19 PM
It does seem to be working with Jordan Sparks. She was just as awkward on stage as Jessica is now.

I don't get the power pop emphasis on the show. That stuff doesn't really sell all that well today with very few exceptions. The heyday of that style was 25 years ago which, unfortunately, coincides with the age when Jimmy and the judges were developing their tastes in music.

LuckyCharm
05-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Results show: Coldplay and Carrie Underwood will perform.
Joshua called forward right off the top. Jimmy thinks he's awesome and will surely be saved.

He is safe.

Coldplay up, doing "Paradise" because the world just can't get enough of that song.

PrincessLeppard
05-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Was Philip not in the Ford video?

Oh, and Coldplay is on my teevee. I have to change the channel for a moment.

LuckyCharm
05-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Was Philip not in the Ford video?

That confused me. I thought either a) he and Josh were dressed so much alike that I couldn't distinguish them, or b) he was the giant.

LuckyCharm
05-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Hollie and Phil called forth.

Jimmy sez Hollie was great on her first song and merely competent on her 2nd. He's FOS. "Bleeding Love" usually makes me gag. She made me almost like it.

He says Phil is so awesome to have gone on because he's soooooo sick. However, thinks he basically sucked last night and should be bottom 2. Says he thinks he's "coasting."

Hollie bottom 2, Phil safe.

PrincessLeppard
05-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Jimmy calls Hollie safe. :sekret: say he knows the results before he make his comments.

Jimmy says Philip isn't feeling well, says Phil picked boring songs and should be in the bottom two.

Let's see what happens....

AxelAnnie
05-04-2012, 01:27 AM
How do you know that Jimmy has the results before hand.

birdgal
Hollie and Phil called forth.

Jimmy sez Hollie was great on her first song and merely competent on her 2nd. He's FOS. "Bleeding Love" usually makes me gag. She made me almost like it.

I agree with you. Hollie was very good last night and I also liked "Bleeding Love."

PrincessLeppard
Dear Lord. Hollie in the bottom two and Philip safe. Guess Jimmy doesn't know the results...