PDA

View Full Version : American Idol May 2 - songs of the 60s

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

numbers123
05-03-2012, 04:23 AM
Did Jessica just silence some haterz here?

Since you have called me a haterz in previous weeks, no - just not worth it telling you why I don't think she has the best voice.

Based upon tonight, the bottom three should be Jessica, Joshua, Philip. With Phillip going home. Who probably will? Hollie :rolleyes: who had the best night of all.

If the winner is:
Skylar - she will have a career like Kellie Pickler, good but no Carrie
Joshua - will have a career like Lee, not special just fades away
Jessica - will be like Jordin. Not the same genre, but the too young, not a fan base for actual air time
Hollie - will be like Kris Allen, some good air time to start with, depends on the success of the first few releases and maybe go somewhere
Philip - the cute factor will help in touring, small clubs nothing spectacular.

AI - hasn't delivered on the promises of a Kelly or a Carrie repeat.

JILEN
05-03-2012, 04:29 AM
[QUOTE=shan;3561512]define haters[/QUOTE

The ones who mute their tubes when she's singing and say her singing doesn't do anything for them, LoL.

shan
05-03-2012, 04:34 AM
[QUOTE=shan;3561512]define haters[/QUOTE

The ones who mute their tubes when she's singing and say her singing doesn't do anything for them, LoL.

Do people actually post that here?

Smiley0884
05-03-2012, 05:15 AM
define haters

There's a difference between people who simply don't care for her singing, and people who actively snark on her non stop. The latter I think, would qualify as a "hater", the former IMHO most certainty doesn't. I think most people around here who aren't Jessica fans would fall into the first category.

skateboy
05-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Philip doing a song by the Zombies, "Time of the Season."

For me, that was one of the worst performances I have ever heard from a top contestant on AI. :dog:

taf2002
05-03-2012, 05:51 AM
define haters

A person who doesn't like what you like. :slinkaway

Allskate
05-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Who was the one who thought it would be a good idea to put Phillip and Joshua together in a duet of "You've Lost that Loving Feeling?" :lol: It was ridiculous. And not because of their genders.

Between the duet and his second solo I think Phillip may finally make an appearance in the bottom three. His second solo was far and away his worst performance so far. It was totally out of his range. He obviously had problems with his ear piece from the beginning and he might not have been able to hear himself, but still. I can't believe the judges didn't call him out on that. That may end up hurting him because his fans may have a false sense of security.

I did not like Skylar's shouting in her second song. It wasn't good shouting. :lol: Of course, the judges just raved.

I am more than ready to have Joshua and his shrieking go home, but I'm not counting on that happening. The best singer in fifty years? :rolleyes:

I'd have Hollie and Jessica be the two safe ones. (I thought they were too harsh on Jessica for the first song. Yes, she's not old enough and I wish she would dress younger, but she sang well.) But that would require both guys to be in the bottom three and I can't see that happening.

victoriaheidi
05-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Lindsey Parker of Reality Rocks speculated that it may be a bottom two and not a bottom three this week.

taf2002
05-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Phillip is on the bottom at Dial Idol. OTOH vote for the worst is voting their fingers off for him.

Dragonlady
05-03-2012, 04:53 PM
I've thought Phillip was overrated from the beginning and would be perfectly happy if he's gone this week.

Jessica keeps wearing these 6 inch heels and she can't move in them. She needs footwear she can walk around in that doesn't hobble her movement.

Loving Joshua, Holly and Jessica. Jessica needs work on oher stage presence but I love her voice.

JILEN
05-03-2012, 05:33 PM
Phillip is on the bottom at Dial Idol. OTOH vote for the worst is voting their fingers off for him.

I think Jess and P2, 2 of my faves, are in the bottom 2 as of late last night.

Tonight will be an interesting night and it'll be tough for me to see anyone go, even screechy Josh :).

I can see Hollie or Skylar being crowned AI if P2 does get eliminated tonight. If he survive, I think the girls are in big trouble.

victoriaheidi
05-03-2012, 05:53 PM

I assume he's in the bottom however many (2 or 3), but I wonder if he'll get eliminated.

I want to see the next two eliminations be P2 and Josh...because it would probably be the only all-female top 3 ever.

KikiSashaFan
05-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm not a Jessica hater, but she reminds me of someone with an amazing voice who only speaks English trying to perform a classic Italian piece and connect to the lyrics, even though they have no clue what they mean.

Rob
05-03-2012, 06:09 PM
I haven't watched the tape yet, but at my office, everyone who watched liked Joshua the best and Phillip the least. So it seems kinda universal that Phillip had his worst week. If he is not in the B2, I think that will speak volumes.

birdgal
05-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I really enjoyed Hollie last night. She has an amazing voice and is getting better at connecting with the song and the lyrics. I was disappointed in Phillip.