PDA

View Full Version : Mom takes 5 yr old to Tanning salon

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

shah
05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Uh, WHAT? :lol: Any photoshopping done here made her look far better.

In other photos this woman is a horrific looking (i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/05/02/np_0502_tanning_480x360.jpg)patch of leather (wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/961joyfm.com/files/2012/05/tan-mom-nbc-today1.jpg). The one next to the girl shows there was no manipulating done.

He was ... and has had many pre-cancerous (and perhaps a few cancerous) skin lesions removed because of it. He's on this page (http://www.zimbio.com/George+Hamilton/articles/3/Famous+Italian+Tanorexics) with other fellow tanorexics. :scream:

oh dear, :scream:

But then perhaps my Polish background makes me very accustomed to being a cultural kickball. ;)

jaka miła niespodzianka :). I didn't realise that - cheers! btw, I thought Polish jokes were no longer en vogue ;)...

Southpaw
05-03-2012, 09:59 PM
jaka miła niespodzianka :) I didn't realise that - cheers!

Shhh. To tajemnica. :sekret:

btw, I thought Polish jokes were no longer en vogue ;)...

See that, cruisin?? At least your people in our State of Gardens are still getting attention. But what about MY people???? Nobody seems to think my people are even important enough to make fun of anymore. We're nothing but a big fat nuttin now is what WE are.

:soapbox:

cruisin
05-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Shhh. To tajemnica. :sekret:

See that, cruisin?? At least your people in our State of Gardens are still getting attention. But what about MY people???? Nobody seems to think my people are even important enough to make fun of anymore. We're nothing but a big fat nuttin now is what WE are.

I'm Italian, nuf said. :lol:

leesaleesa
05-03-2012, 11:00 PM
I worked in a small tanning salon for a friend about fifteen years ago, and children were expressly forbidden in the tanning rooms. We had several dancer clients, and I made a nice little side business minding their well behaved kids in the reception area while they tanned. I imagine the laws are even stricter now.

Tanning Mom is freakish, but it's her melanoma. I'm inclined to believe the fair skinned red head child was burnt in the sun (wouldn't take long) rather than in a tanning booth.

Tanning Mom looks like she's wearing Pro-tan to get even darker. It's an old self tanner body builders used to look deep bronze. Too much Pro-tan looked exactly like this, especially over a deep base tan.

skipaway
05-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Uh, WHAT? :lol: Any photoshopping done here made her look far better.

In other photos this woman is a horrific looking (i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/05/02/np_0502_tanning_480x360.jpg)patch of leather (wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/961joyfm.com/files/2012/05/tan-mom-nbc-today1.jpg). The one next to the girl shows there was no manipulating done.

And you know, her daughter probably thinks mommy looks quite normal.

loulou
05-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Her tanning salon has now banned her for life. They are refunding her membership fees. They did not say why, but I'm sure it's the bad press.

I'm thinking that's what she's upset the most about.

You'd think the elder and the child weren't related.
How long would that colour take to fade anyway? I mean, so she could pass for the mother without DNA test.

Yeah, if I had a dollar for every time some jackass said to me "Southpaw, you're Polish? But you're so SMART!!!!" I'd be able to buy my own island in Wrocław. :rofl:

I didn't know polish people were known for being, uhm, not smart. I didn't even know there were jokes about polish people.

Tanning Mom is freakish, but it's her melanoma.

If governments weren't supposed to care for citizens' health, meth would be in stores. US would have no Food and Drug administration.

danceronice
05-04-2012, 12:00 AM

It could be worse, half you family could be Ukrainian so one half is getting dumb Polack jokes and the other half is getting "So you're Russian then?"

allezfred
05-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Aw, cheer up cruisin, it could be a lot worse. We could have been born in Queens.

Oh no you di'n't! :mitchell:

cruisin
05-04-2012, 12:40 AM
It could be worse, half you family could be Ukrainian so one half is getting dumb Polack jokes and the other half is getting "So you're Russian then?"

My son's girlfriend is from the Ukraine. She is always asked if she's Russian.

Oh no you di'n't! :mitchell:

She said born in Queens, not born from Queens. :D

Angela-Fan
05-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Aw, cheer up cruisin, it could be a lot worse. We could have been born in Queens.

:lol:;)

GarrAarghHrumph
05-04-2012, 01:42 AM
I didn't know polish people were known for being, uhm, not smart. I didn't even know there were jokes about polish people.

Up through the 1970s in the US, it was completely acceptable to make ethnic jokes, and the ethnicities that tended to be targeted included the Poles, who were, to quote one of the very old ladies on my block (now deceased), "Hard workers." Then she'd lean in and whisper, "Not very bright." Jokes about Polish people and their lack of intelligence were really common when I was growing up.

That started to change in the 1980s, when people became more aware that such stuff wasn't cool. And I think having a Polish Pope helped as well.

UMBS Go Blue
05-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Well, I'm from a working-class Boston suburb where folks have wicked strong accents, and my standard response when people ask why I don't have an accent is that I'm not Irish or Italian. :P

Southpaw
05-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Hot off the presses (http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/05/nj_tanning_mom_blasts_her_crit.html), my friends. So to speak. We now have video of the Tanning Momster in her natural habitat and she thinks we're all fat, ugly and jellus.

Jersey Trivia: She's standing across the street from a pool hall called Guys and Dolls. It's in Belleville, so obviously she goes over city lines to get her hairs done up all nice and pretty. Belleville is one rung below Nutley on the social scale. Love ya, Belleville!

And Tanning Mom....I may be fat, ugly and jellus but you're drunk.

Flatfoote
05-04-2012, 04:40 AM
LOL, I just saw she is from "Nutley." Fitting name of a home town for a nut!

oleada
05-04-2012, 06:56 AM
I saw her picture first thing this morning when I walked into the deli....not a sight you want to see before you've had your morning coffee....natch, ever.