PDA

View Full Version : Mom takes 5 yr old to Tanning salon

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Southpaw
05-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Jersey City took Snooki in, they've been filming there for weeks.

And let me just put it out here right now, not that some of you good people of FSU haven't figured it out already, but I really don't give a rat's ass what other people think of me so I have no problem whatsoever with Jersey's fine reputation in the world. Let our freak flag fly, baby. :hat1:

But then perhaps my Polish background makes me very accustomed to being a cultural kickball. ;)

skatingfan5
05-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I really don't give a rat's ass what other people think of me so I have no problem whatsoever with Jersey's fine reputation in the world. Let our freak flag fly, baby. :hat1:

But then perhaps my Polish background makes me very accustomed to being a cultural kickball. ;)Maybe that's why I don't give a flying fig either. :lol:

taf2002
05-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I didn't say it was happening here. Have you read all of the internet comments on other sites? The Jimmy Kimmel, et al comments. It's a feeding frenzy on bashing NJ, again.

But it's so easy. :P I doubt anyone takes it seriously. Kind of like Aggie jokes. Everyone knows Texas A&M has a high scholastic reputation & is extremely hard to get into so the jokes are tongue-in-cheek. And to defend New Jersey, I've been there a couple of times & not all of it are like the stereotype. :slinkaway

allezfred
05-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Jersey City took Snooki in, they've been filming there for weeks.

And let me just put it out here right now, not that some of you good people of FSU haven't figured it out already, but I really don't give a rat's ass what other people think of me so I have no problem whatsoever with Jersey's fine reputation in the world. Let our freak flag fly, baby. :hat1:

But then perhaps my Polish background makes me very accustomed to being a cultural kickball. ;)

Maybe that's why I don't give a flying fig either. :lol:

That's the spirit! :cheer:

Southpaw
05-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah, if I had a dollar for every time some jackass said to me "Southpaw, you're Polish? But you're so SMART!!!!" I'd be able to buy my own island in Wrocław. :rofl:

Ageless
05-03-2012, 05:09 PM
On the news last night, they interviewed a former neighbor of this family when they lived in Cary, Illinois. He said there were times the neighbors pulled the kids out of the street because, guess what....mom's tanning topless in the backyard, oblivious to what the kids were doing. She's certainly not too old to have a 5-year old, but she looks at least 30 years older than she really is.

I'm not a fan of tanning salons, but I can't help but think this lady is their worst nightmare in public relations!

susan6
05-03-2012, 05:16 PM
It also irritates me that, once again, one person does something stupid and the entire state of NJ is ridiculed. Is the entire state of Florida being persecuted for the Zimmerman case?

Florida is pretty much a consistent punchline for late night hosts and occasionally news anchors. It's nice when someone in Jersey (or in recent years the Carolinas....thanks, randy politicians!) does something incredibly stupid and takes the onus off of Florida occasionally.

cruisin
05-03-2012, 05:29 PM
^^ Not competing, but I don't think any state gets as much $hit as NJ.

99% of NJ is not the stereotype. And 99% of the time I feel as Southpaw and skatingfan5 feel. But, sometimes it is just so gratuitous and stupid. As in this tanning case.

numbers123
05-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I think that there are wackos in every state in the US and any country in the world. Every place is the butt of a joke or two. When you live somewhere you typically hear the number of times someone make a joke - funny or not, but don't realize the number of times another place is the butt of someone's remarks.

skipaway
05-03-2012, 05:46 PM
On GMA this morning:

Could she be suffering from Tanorexia??? (http://gma.yahoo.com/tanning-mom-does-jersey-woman-suffer-tanorexia-080122934--abc-news-topstories.html)

Southpaw
05-03-2012, 06:11 PM

99% of NJ is not the stereotype. And 99% of the time I feel as Southpaw and skatingfan5 feel. But, sometimes it is just so gratuitous and stupid. As in this tanning case.

Aw, cheer up cruisin, it could be a lot worse. We could have been born in Queens.

susan6
05-03-2012, 06:35 PM

I've actually lived in both New Jersey and "America's Wang" (thanks, Simpsons) and they're both nice places. Everyone just needs to remember that there are idiots everywhere....

Bev Johnston
05-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Don't feel bad, Jersey folk: I live in a state that elected a dead man to Congress. Forget that there was an actual strategy behind the plan; it made for an awful lot of late night/news program fun. My state was also in the news for serving up delicious bug ice cream last summer... YUM! (I didn't try it, darn it.) If it makes you feel any better, I didn't think anything about her being from New Jersey. I think I was too stuck on the fact that she looks like hell.

Anyway... When I was growing up, our next door neighbor was outside, all day, in a bikini on any day that was above 50 degrees. This was in the days before tanning salons. While she also looked like a moronic saddlebag, she never looked nearly as dark as this woman. I have to think this crazy lady probably put on some kind of self-tanner or extra dark makeup to look her "best" for the interview.

numbers123
05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Bev - I don't think so. I used to work with someone who worked evening shifts so she could spend 9 - 2 pm in the sun every day during the summer as soon as the temperature was above 50. She looked like that by the middle of July minus the anorexia look. I didn't see her after she turned 28 (she moved by that time) but she looked at least 45 at that time. :yikes: If this mom was going 20 times a month, I suspect that was what she looked like without any self-tanner.

Does anyone remember George Hamilton? He didn't look quite that bad, but I would call him addicted to tanning

skatingfan5
05-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Does anyone remember George Hamilton? He didn't look quite that bad, but I would call him addicted to tanningHe was ... and has had many pre-cancerous (and perhaps a few cancerous) skin lesions removed because of it. He's on this page (http://www.zimbio.com/George+Hamilton/articles/3/Famous+Italian+Tanorexics) with other fellow tanorexics. :scream: