PDA

View Full Version : Mom takes 5 yr old to Tanning salon

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

cruisin
05-03-2012, 04:32 AM
My first guess before opening the link was that this had happened in vapid, superficial Orange County, but...

...not surprised that it's Joizey either. :P

Oh no you didn't! That's Jersey, please! :D

GarrAarghHrumph
05-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Her tanning salon has now banned her for life. They are refunding her membership fees. They did not say why, but I'm sure it's the bad press.

Flatfoote
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
She looks like one of those mummies the archaeologists dig up! That, or a chunk of meat that's been carmelized on the grill.

pollyanna
05-03-2012, 03:39 PM
FTR, she claims that she did not allow the child to tan. She brought her into the room with her. The child misspoke when she told classmates that she went tanning with mommy. To the child, that's probably what she thought. But, I believe the mom, I don't think the child went into the tanning booth. Kids can say some pretty damning things that can be taken the wrong way.
Per GMA this morning, the employees at the tanning salon confirm that the child did NOT go into the tanning booth, but that she was just waiting in the lobby while her mom tanned.

Anthony said that employees who were there on the day in question told him that Anna remained outside with her father and brother, and didn't go into the tanning booth while Krentcil was inside.
http://gma.yahoo.com/tanning-mom-does-jersey-woman-suffer-tanorexia-080122934--abc-news-topstories.html

Her tanning salon has now banned her for life. They are refunding her membership fees. They did not say why, but I'm sure it's the bad press.
Wow. The salon had confirmed that she paid a flat fee to tan for unlimited tanning, and she went to the salon an average of 20 times per month. That's like 5 times a week. :yikes:

Beefcake
05-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I think the video was photoshopped. There is a photograph in the video where she in not nearly as dark. Dark tan yes, but not that surreal shade.
Uh, WHAT? :lol: Any photoshopping done here made her look far better.

In other photos this woman is a horrific looking (i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/05/02/np_0502_tanning_480x360.jpg)patch of leather (wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/961joyfm.com/files/2012/05/tan-mom-nbc-today1.jpg). The one next to the girl shows there was no manipulating done.

cruisin
05-03-2012, 03:45 PM
She does look awful. And she is seriously putting herself at risk for skin cancer. She is addicted, and will probably need help. Hopefully she will get it. However, as far as the child: the father and the tanning salon person (who was there at the time) have both stated that the child did not go in the booth. That the father and a sibling were there and that the child was with them.

It also irritates me that, once again, one person does something stupid and the entire state of NJ is ridiculed. Is the entire state of Florida being persecuted for the Zimmerman case?

skatingfan5
05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
It also irritates me that, once again, one person does something stupid and the entire state of NJ is ridiculed. I agree it must be annoying to constantly have your state be the butt of jokes. Proximity to New York probably plays no little part in that. It's also not much fun to constantly hear and read about the governmental corruption in my state -- and even less fun to have to deal with the resultant messes that ensue. :mad:
Is the entire state of Florida being persecuted for the Zimmerman case?No, mainly just the NRA-promoted "Stand Your Ground" law.

cruisin
05-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I agree it must be annoying to constantly have your state be the butt of jokes. Proximity to New York probably plays no little part in that. It's also not much fun to constantly hear and read about the governmental corruption in my state -- and even less fun to have to deal with the resultant messes that ensue. :mad:

No, mainly just the NRA-promoted "Stand Your Ground" law.

And that's the thing. The ridicule in the Zimmerman case is appropriately focused, at the NRA and SYG law. No one is suggesting that everyone in Florida is a gun toting nut job.

NinjaTurtles
05-03-2012, 04:03 PM
And that's the thing. The ridicule in the Zimmerman case is appropriately focused, at the NRA and SYG law. No one is suggesting that everyone in Florida is a gun toting nut job.

IDK, I feel like Florida gets a lot of mockery for being a "criminal state" and the frequent home of weird news stories.

Badams
05-03-2012, 04:05 PM

:lol: I do. All the time. I'm constantly saying that I would never raise my kids in Florida, where the rednecks prevail and they find kids to lose in the system. :slinkaway But I don't really believe that Florida is that bad.

skatingfan5
05-03-2012, 04:09 PM
And that's the thing. The ridicule in the Zimmerman case is appropriately focused, at the NRA and SYG law. No one is suggesting that everyone in Florida is a gun toting nut job.I didn't think anyone was suggesting that you, Southpaw, and others residing in the Garden State were all tanorexics, Jersey Shore bimbos, or had connections to the mob. Perhaps you could be just a tad overly sensitive? :shuffle:

cruisin
05-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I didn't think anyone was suggesting that you, Southpaw, and others residing in the Garden State were all tanorexics, Jersey Shore bimbos, or had connections to the mob. Perhaps you could be just a tad overly sensitive? :shuffle:

I didn't say it was happening here. Have you read all of the internet comments on other sites? The Jimmy Kimmel, et al comments. It's a feeding frenzy on bashing NJ, again.

danceronice
05-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Having almost all your 'celebrity' representation be "Jersey Shore", "Jerseylicious", etc, is probably not helping the state's image. (Heck, my brother and his NY coworkers mock Jersey, and one of the Jersey Shore boys is a nephew of one of those coworkers!)

Beefcake
05-03-2012, 04:23 PM
What? :confused:

I thought everyone in Jersey was part of an awesome rock n roll band.

cruisin
05-03-2012, 04:25 PM
^^ Well, as you probably already know, from reading my posts here: I detest those shows. And most of the Jersey Shore cast is not from NJ. The Sopranos didn't help either. Not only are these shows damaging to NJ, they are disrespectful of Italian Americans. I wish they'd all go away. I was really happy that Hoboken said NO to the Jersey Shore spin off. Sadly, some other town will probably (ignorantly) say yes.