PDA

View Full Version : The2012 Tony Nominations are up. Here is the link.

Pages : 1 [2]

chipso1
05-02-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm glad "Newsies" (:cheer: Jeremy Jordan!) and "Nice Work..." got a lot of noms! :cheer: I'm seeing both in June and can't wait!

Also, great to see Laura Osnes get a Lead Actress nom for the short-lived "Bonnie & Clyde." :cheer2: I didn't see it, but I heard she was sensational, and her songs are amazing, especially this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYtknprFvxE). :swoon:

screech
05-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Why, oh why do the Tonys have to be on the same night as the season premiere of True Blood?

And yay Newsies! Haven't seen the show, but the original movie was one of my favourites growing up, and I still listen to the songs all the time. Christian Bale!!!

Jayar
05-02-2012, 05:42 AM
Ricky Martin was rooooooooobbed!!!! :drama:

No. He was HORRIBLE!!!

allezfred
05-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Once! :cheer:

The :cheer: is purely based on the film as I've not seen the stage version. ;)

overedge
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Ricky Martin was rooooooooobbed!!!! :drama:

Judging by the clips on YouTube, no.

If anything, the audience is being robbed by having to watch him in that role...

allezfred
05-03-2012, 12:27 AM
I think it's safe to say PeterG is being sarcastic again. Hopefully.

skatingfan5
05-03-2012, 12:31 AM
I think it's safe to say PeterG is being sarcastic again. Hopefully.About Ricky Martin or about Once? :shuffle:

PeterG
05-03-2012, 02:04 AM
I think it's safe to say PeterG is being sarcastic again. Hopefully.

Sorry, I hadn't heard anything about his performance in Evita. But I enjoyed him in Glee... :shuffle:

About Ricky Martin or about Once? :shuffle:

No sarcasm at all! (Is that possible for PeterG???) I'm not even sure how I ended up seeing Once (the movie). It totally took me by surprise because I expected to really not like it. I think I saw it because everybody else kept talking about it and I gave in. Glad I did! :cheer2:

overedge
05-03-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm glad "Newsies" (:cheer: Jeremy Jordan!) and "Nice Work..." got a lot of noms! :cheer: I'm seeing both in June and can't wait!

At first I thought this was the singer Jeremy Jordan who performed a few times on the original Beverly Hills 90210 :eek:

victoriaheidi
05-03-2012, 08:53 AM
I have yet to see any part of her performance, but given her rep, I'm surprised Elena Roger did not get a nomination.

I knew Bernadette wasn't nominated on Monday, because of the Isabelle Stevenson Award. But still, yay for her! And Jan Maxwell! Sorry Elaine Paige was not nominated.

Jessie Mueller! Nice to see that On A Clear Day got SOMETHING.

Once again, two of the noms for score are musicals and the other two are plays. In theory, this should not disappoint me as much as it does, but it does. I just wish there were more musicals nominated in that category.

Not that I mind, because I like him and all, but what exactly did Hugh Jackman do to get a special Tony? Is it for his show that he did? Why doesn't wikipedia say that?

No Tyne Daly nomination? Or Matthew Broderick?

Rob
05-03-2012, 06:29 PM
ESosa nominated for best costumes. The Project Runway ESosa?

Natasha Katz is nominated twice for lighting. She is an old friend of mine. and she's fantastic!!!!!! Go Natasha!