PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, S 14, Week 7 "Classical Week"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

cruisin
05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Charlotte Church ruined her voice by heavy cigarette smoking. It would appear to be a deliberate sabotage of her voice on her part. Either that or she valued being rebellious over anything else, even her voice. What a waste.

I hope Jackie does not follow in Charlotte's footsteps.

Why would she want to deliberately ruin her voice?

screech
05-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Agreed. I was actually wondering if it was some sort of agreement to get him off asap. "We'll play down the story of what happened between you and Kym as long as you understand that first chance we get, you're off."

The way he and Kym have been pretending to be so friendly since the incident was clearly to put the rumors to rest. I thought he phoned in the Dance Duel last night. Didn't look like they were trying at all which is why I think the whole thing was arranged.

I don't know if this makes sense. He was in the bottom 2 two weeks ago (after the incident happened) and they didnt send him then. Granted his duel was with Gain, but if they had made a deal he could made some blatant errors to get kicked off.

skatesindreams
05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Do you think that she didn't get the right training, or that she went in the wrong direction? Rather than stick with a more classical genre, she went pop. Or, is that what you mean by not getting the right training?

Somewhat of each.
A young singer who shows promise needs to be brought along slowly with access to instruction to develop their voice properly.
This maximizes their potential; whatever it is, and can prevent performance "burnout".

It seems that Charlotte Church received precious little training and was seen as a "cash cow" by any number of people.
I don't know what kind of career - classical or popular - she might have had with better "support".
However, we might not be talking about her as having "squandered" her talent; of as a "victim" of the Murdoch phone-hacking scandal.

I hope all the people who are responsible for/"handling" Jackie are very careful to prevent something similar from happening to her.
I'd love to be able to listen to a matured, well managed singer, some years hence.

skateboy
05-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Who keeps voting for Melissa??? :confused:

I'm surprised Roshon keeps landing in the Bottom 2, I think he's at least the third best dancer (under Katherine and probably Maria). I suppose his teen fans don't watch DWTS all that much.

shan
05-03-2012, 05:39 AM
Who keeps voting for Melissa??? :confused:

I'm surprised Roshon keeps landing in the Bottom 2, I think he's at least the third best dancer (under Katherine and probably Maria). I suppose his teen fans don't watch DWTS all that much.

Maybe it's people voting for Maks...

screech
05-03-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm pretty sure Maks has a huge fanbase. I'm mainly a fan because of his mesmerizing ass. I could watch that thing all day!

That said, it's time for her to go. Please, oh please don't make her stay way way way past her welcome like Hope did last year. She really needs to leave. And I'll still get Maks' ass in the pro routines.

On another note, don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Mario Lopez says the next season of DWTS will be an All Star version (http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/mario-lopez-dwts-cast-will-be-all-stars-1.3689388) (yay!) and that he was asked to do it. (FYI, he said he'd love to, but doesn't know where he'd fit it in.)

Please bring back Mel B and Gilles. I think it would be a neat twist if the stars came back and had to dance with a new partner instead of their original one, though I did adore Mel and Maks together. My preference would be for them to only bring back stars who came 2nd or 3rd. It would make the show more interesting than if someone like Kate Gosselin came back (shudders). My picks:

- Mel B (Maks)
- Gilles Marini (Cheryl)
- Kelly Osbourne (Louis)
- Kyle Massey (Lacey)
- Joey Fatone (Kym)
- Mya (Dmitri)
- Evan Lysacek (Anna) (though wouldn't work out if he plans on skating)
- Chelsea Kane (Mark)
- Mario Lopez (Karina) (though I doubt they'd dance together, since they used to date and I think may have even been engaged)
- If Maria (Derek) and/or Katherine (Mark) come 2nd or 3rd this year I'd want them too. All the rest of the stars I could take or leave - I don't really care, though they'd have a bit of an advantage, with having done it most recently.

AYS
05-03-2012, 03:26 PM
That's definitely a good list screech. And I agree, I would hope they'd bring back great dancers, not trainwrecks that they think were/are stories.

skatesindreams
05-03-2012, 03:31 PM
I would be so happy to see Gilles as an All-Star!
I hope it happens.

Cherub721
05-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I want Gilles to dance with Karina this time!

danceronice
05-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Tony could bring back Stacy? (Man is DUE, seriously.)

Please don't let it be a train wreck a la ANTM's 'all stars'...

skatesindreams
05-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I would hope they'd bring back great dancers, not trainwrecks that they think were/are stories.

I want great dancing, too.

Gilles was special because he found a "gift" he didn't know he had,
Seeing him discover/develop it, was a pleasure to watch.

cruisin
05-03-2012, 04:28 PM
They could bring back Kristi!

AYS
05-03-2012, 04:29 PM
I doubt they would bring back someone who already won.

I like the idea of them having new partners though (re: Gilles dancing with Karina).

pixie cut
05-03-2012, 04:40 PM
I doubt they would bring back someone who already won.

My guess is the cast will definitely include Sabrina Bryan. They've been trying to angle her back on the shoe since the night of her elimination.

Cheylana
05-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Tony could bring back Stacy? (Man is DUE, seriously.)
Or Melissa Ryncroft.

Sabrina Bryan would definitely come back.

(Speaking of Sabrina, I miss the days of the "shocking elimination." Now with the dance-off and padded scores, DWTS has almost completely taken the decision out of the TV audience's hands.)